THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Low carb and keto diets-more benefits than just diabetic control and weight loss?

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Low carb and keto diets-more benefits than just diabetic control and weight loss? Empty Low carb and keto diets-more benefits than just diabetic control and weight loss?

Post by Paul1976 Sun Aug 17 2014, 12:58

I found the video below quite an interesting watch as the man who was featured in it has apparently 'Starved' his terminal cancer into remission by following a very low carb ketogenic diet! could this one day be the main treatment for cancer without the need for gruelling treatments and major surgeries? Who knows but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Smile

Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Low carb and keto diets-more benefits than just diabetic control and weight loss? Empty Re: Low carb and keto diets-more benefits than just diabetic control and weight loss?

Post by Indy51 Sun Aug 17 2014, 23:28

It's a shame that they took down the AHS video of the Ketogenic Diet and Cancer panel - so glad I got a chance to watch it before they did. There was some excellent information given by the various speakers.

There's another Tedx video on this subject by ketogenic researcher Dominic D'Agostino (who was an AHS panel member):

Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Low carb and keto diets-more benefits than just diabetic control and weight loss? Empty Re: Low carb and keto diets-more benefits than just diabetic control and weight loss?

Post by Mud Island Dweller Thu Aug 21 2014, 16:44

There is or at least was a Hills diet for animals with cancer N/D it was very very very high fat as they said cancer could not eat fat.
    Added to that a friend with cancer told me of trials with insulin that carried the chemo directly into the cancer apparently if l remember rightly (was couple yrs ago he said) cancer loves insulin so was a good carrying medium to target with very precise.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 12:51