THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Carboholic antis coming out of the woodwork

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Carboholic antis coming out of the woodwork Empty Carboholic antis coming out of the woodwork

Post by Eddie Mon Jan 05 2015, 12:44

When Mo, Paul, others and myself started talking about wanting to lose some excess weight, I knew it would not take long, for the carboholic medication addicted low carb antis, to come out of the woodwork. As all have seen these misfits are as predictable as night follows day. Over at our main blog a post published yesterday, has had one persistent oaf commenting. Although this person can offer no sound argument against low carb, indeed they have not offered any kind of argument or critique, it has got them creaming their knickers. So let’s have a look at the low carb high fat method of weight and diabetes control.

Although many of us have successfully controlled our diabetes and weight for up to seven years, how is it I and others have put on weight. This is very easy to understand, but clearly way beyond the carb munchers understanding. Never have we ever stated  a person can be low carb high fat and not gain weight. Although I do not believe a calorie is just a calorie in many ways, it should be obvious to even a person of very low intellect, there must be a level of calorie intake (what ever the food) where weight gain will occur. Clearly Mo, Paul, myself and others have exceeded that level. As you can see this is not rocket science, the only answer must be to reduce calories to reduce weight down to target levels, how easy is that?

I think I can speak for most people here, when I say we went low carb high fat to control blood glucose levels, this we have done magnificently for years. Some are on no meds, others on minimal medication. The weight loss was required and achieved by almost all, but weight loss was an added bonus for some, the most important thing for a diabetic is the control of blood glucose, the low carb higher fat lifestyle has not let us down, some of us have let LCHF down, but that is so easily remedied, as we will undoubtedly prove over the next few months.

Am I right or am I right lol!

Eddie

Link to the post here http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-yorkshire-food-revolution-reducing.html
    RANDBURG
    RANDBURG

Male Posts : 161

Carboholic antis coming out of the woodwork Empty Re: Carboholic antis coming out of the woodwork

Post by RANDBURG Mon Jan 05 2015, 13:14

Hi Eddie, Totally agree.
    The reason why I have not made the resolution, or joined the Bluber bash, is that I was about 126kg before discovering I was Diabetic.
    I was diagnosed and put on Metformin 500mg twice a day, and told to see a dietician, as I Must loose weight.
    I was put on a Restricted Calorie diet, and after 9 months I got to the 106Kg Mark, and weight loss stopped, and I could not lose anymore despite spending a hour in the gym, working out pretty hard every day.
    I then decided to go on to The Dianne Kress, The Diabetes Miracle diet, that I have mentioned, but in reality it is a Low Carb diet.

I have now got down to the 85Kg mark, that at long last gives me a NORMAL BMI, for my height !!.

I am now playing around at increasing Carbs, to keep my weight steady at the 85Kg mark, but, as my Hba1c is good at 5.4, thanks to Low Carb, I want to keep it under 5.5 if I can, so am testing what carbs cause the least increase In Blood Glucose.
    Its a challenge, but interesting at the same time. Very Happy

Good luck to you and others on the weight Loss.
    Im Watching

Last edited by RANDBURG on Mon Jan 05 2015, 13:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected and added)
    Eddie
    Eddie

Carboholic antis coming out of the woodwork Empty Re: Carboholic antis coming out of the woodwork

Post by Eddie Mon Jan 05 2015, 13:18

"I am now playing around at increasing Carbs" Please give that idea up, play around with some more calories preferably by way of high quality fats.

Thanks for the thumbs up.
    RANDBURG
    RANDBURG

Male Posts : 161

Post by RANDBURG Mon Jan 05 2015, 13:28

Worth looking at, Thanks
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Mon Jan 05 2015, 13:38

Hi Eddie,

I did wonder when the anonymous Anti's would read the threads over here about our weight loss goals and start commenting negatively and I was half expecting Carbo 'I'm not Tubolard' to hit his blog big time on this matter,but he hasn't which surprised me BUT could it be he's read our current weight statistics and realised that even at our heaviest-we are still at a safer weight level than him without lot's of meds and the dreaded 'Orlistat'? Cool
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Jan 05 2015, 14:35

Paul wrote:Hi Eddie,

I did wonder when the anonymous Anti's would read the threads over here about our weight loss goals and start commenting negatively and I was half expecting Carbo 'I'm not Tubolard' to hit his blog big time on this matter,but he hasn't which surprised me BUT could it be he's read our current weight statistics and realised that even at our heaviest-we are still at a safer weight level than him without lot's of meds and the dreaded 'Orlistat'? Cool

So true mate, what makes me larf is the fact I don't give a monkeys toss for putting on twenty pounds over six years. When I have lost the weight will I become rich, will women be throwing themselves at my feet ha ha. Somehow I kinda doubt it, I find this time of year boring and fancied a small challenge that's what this about for me. Even with the excess blubber I still hold non diabetic numbers and still on only two metformin pills nearly seven years on. What a failure my low carb diet has been eh. freakout
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Mon Jan 05 2015, 14:47

I lost 20 kg between March and December with LCHF to get my BMI down to 24. This was a nice by-product of blood sugar control. I've now stabilised (I think) at about 70kg, not sure why, maybe I've just subconsciously been eating a bit more cream, cheese and red wine to stop me losing more. Even so my fasting blood sugar levels are still slowly declining (averaging about 5.5 at the moment).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10 2024, 22:17