THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
Sally
Eddie
6 posters

Let the low carb antis eat the junk

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Let the low carb antis eat the junk  Empty Let the low carb antis eat the junk

Post by Eddie Sat Nov 15 2014, 12:10

So, a low carb lifestyle is all about eating home cooked and prepared, whole fresh foods and dropping the factory produced junk, we can leave the junk for the antis. I said long ago there is a big downside if everyone followed our lifestyle. If everyone followed our fresh food approach, supply could not keep up with demand, the price of the foods we eat would go through the roof. Look at the situation another way, the junk eaters and naysayers are subsidising the price of our food, how cool is that.

The cereals, cheap pasta, cakes biscuits, rice and spuds, much of these foods has sat around in storage silos and warehouses for months, in some cases years. Some foods when they get to the shops have shelf lives of months and again even years. Many young kids were not even born when some of this  junk was harvested, makes you think eh.

These low carb antis are growing on me big time. How generous of them to unselfishly eat the stuff we won’t touch with a barge pole, and not only that, they are prepared to take extra medication as an antidote, how cool is that. So my friends, next time you meet a low carb anti or get involved in a discussion on a forum with an anti, say thank you Sir/Madam, thank you for subsidising my fresh food, thank you for taking that extra medication on my behalf, so I can reduce mine, and in some cases, do away with medication altogether, that's not just cool, that's cooler than a polar bears nuts.

Let the low carb antis eat the junk  The-town-crier-001

Oh yeah oh yeah let the low carb antis eat the junk !

As usual thinking outside of the box.

Eddie
    Sally
    Sally

Let the low carb antis eat the junk  Empty Re: Let the low carb antis eat the junk

Post by Sally Sat Nov 15 2014, 12:46

I have often played a "What if ….." game, on the lines of "what would happen if everyone stopped eating the obvious carbs?"
    Ultimately I think there would be mass starvation and that we, the human animal, has only managed to dominate the earth because most people were able to get away with a moderate to generous carb intake.  It's the ease of transport and storage, being able to carry large quantities of durable food stuffs on journeys, be able to take it to the cities, away from the point of production to feed the non-producers and to stockpile for the lean periods, which has allowed our civilisation to develop in the way it has.  Which is all very interesting, but I'm still not having chips with my lunch, thank you!
    Sally
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Let the low carb antis eat the junk  Empty Re: Let the low carb antis eat the junk

Post by zand Sat Nov 15 2014, 13:41

Sally I love the "What if......" game. However I'm not allowed to say it out loud anymore as my family are fed up with me saying 'what if....' so many times. It's not quite so much fun when there's only you to answer your own questions, but at least there's no arguments. Smile

I'm not arguing with your answer to your own question either........that's the reply I gave to myself too Smile

Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sat Nov 15 2014, 18:24

hmmmmm, interesting and im in a grumpy enough mood to go with it Smile
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Nov 17 2014, 09:31

Sally wrote:I have often played a "What if ….." game, on the lines of "what would happen if everyone stopped eating the obvious carbs?"
    Ultimately I think there would be mass starvation and that we, the human animal, has only managed to dominate the earth because most people were able to get away with a moderate to generous carb intake.  It's the ease of transport and storage, being able to carry large quantities of durable food stuffs on journeys, be able to take it to the cities, away from the point of production to feed the non-producers and to stockpile for the lean periods, which has allowed our civilisation to develop in the way it has.  Which is all very interesting, but I'm still not having chips with my lunch, thank you!
    Sally

One of my what if games is if I won the lottery would I buy DCUK and ban the clique or would I keep them on for a larf.

Let the low carb antis eat the junk  Proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sherv.net%2Fcm%2Femo%2Flaughing%2Flego-man-laughing-smiley-emoticon

Last edited by eddie1 on Mon Nov 17 2014, 09:35; edited 1 time in total
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Mon Nov 17 2014, 09:33

Eddie! I was saying the same thing on Friday!!!! (not about banning anyone of course, just buying it) Smile
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Mon Nov 17 2014, 09:42

lol The amount of times I've thought I'd buy the place too if I could and demote all their staff to ordinary members(Apart from IanD) and watch them squirm as we turned the place into a strict low carb forum and abolished all the word games etc Twisted Evil
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Nov 17 2014, 09:43

Did you notice Nobblyhead was outed over the weekend ?

http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/dcuk-nobblyhead-outed.html
    Two Collies
    Two Collies

Male Posts : 133

Post by Two Collies Mon Nov 17 2014, 11:33

eddie1 wrote:Did you notice Nobblyhead was outed over the weekend ?

http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/dcuk-nobblyhead-outed.html
    "outed" did not seem the correct term!
    try "Had a cartoon linked to him"!
    Funny though it seemed , I don't think he will be "Cacking his Daks" over this. affraid

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 14:52