THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Are some diets "Mass Murder"?

Sally
    Sally

Are some diets "Mass Murder"? Empty Are some diets "Mass Murder"?

Post by Sally Tue Dec 23 2014, 07:33

Are some diets "mass murder"?

This is the title of Dr Malcolm Kendrick's latest blog, which you can find here,
    http://drmalcolmkendrick.org/2014/12/22/are-some-diets-mass-murder/#comments

Well worth a read, as are his many other blogs. Followers of Dr K should note that his new book is now available via his site and will be generally available early next year.

Sally
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Are some diets "Mass Murder"? Empty Re: Are some diets "Mass Murder"?

Post by zand Tue Dec 23 2014, 07:40

I haven't had the time to read of all of this yet but this bit stood out for me

"Of all the stupid scientific hypotheses of the twentieth century the idea that fat/saturated fat causes heart disease – or any other disease – is by all possible measures the most stupid. It is the most stupid because it has driven dietary advice to eat more and more carbohydrates a.k.a ‘sugars.’ Anyone who understood anything about human biochemistry and physiology could tell you what this would do

1: Cause millions upon millions of people to get fatter and fatter

2: Cause millions upon millions of people to become diabetic

3: Cause millions upon millions of diabetics to completely lose control of their sugar and fat metabolism, get even fatter and die prematurely

Yep 1. and 2. happened to me. Hopefully now I've found you guys no. 3. won't.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Tue Dec 23 2014, 15:09

Hi Zand I felt bad letting you keep the forum going today pretty much on your own so here goes.

Dr.Malcolm Kendrick has not jumped on the low carb band wagon now that it is becoming the established best way to control diabetes and many other healthcare conditions. He was saying this some years ago.

“The reality is that over the years, and around the world we have killed literally millions of diabetics by advising them to eat a high-carb diet and avoid fats. Only now is it being recognised that previous advice was and remains useless, dangerous and scientifically illiterate"
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Tue Dec 23 2014, 15:20

lol, it's Sally who's been keeping it going really, she is the one who started the threads Smile
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Tue Dec 23 2014, 15:32

zand wrote:lol, it's Sally who's been keeping it going really, she is the one who started the threads Smile

Yes apologies to Sally, I can piss people off even when I am trying to be polite affraid Absolutely no hope for me freakout
    Sally
    Sally

Post by Sally Tue Dec 23 2014, 16:53

Eddie wrote, "Yes apologies to Sally"
    I was just pleased to have someone to share a few comments with between 6.30 and 7.30 this morning. Where have the rest of you been all day?
    Sally

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06 2024, 23:12