THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

How to live for 250 years.....

AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

How to live for 250 years..... Empty How to live for 250 years.....

Post by AliB Wed Dec 10 2014, 16:54

http://www.riseearth.com/2014/12/256-year-old-man-reveals-secrets-to-his.html?m=1

Being a Bible student, I think this may not be as far fetched as it seems.

Before the flood, people lived for hundreds of years - some up to 900+.

Before the flood humans were vegetarian.

After the flood they became meat eaters. This man not only never ate meat, he also consumed herbs known for their longevity support.

I'm not saying eating meat is the cause of a shortened life-span, but could it contribute in some way?

Plants do not seem to stress the digestive system in the same way meat does.

We view 100 years as pretty amazing nowadays, and 200+ years as unattainable, but considering most of the World eats meat in some form now, we have nothing to compare with.

His forebears were also herbalists it seems, who knew the foods that would give them good nutrition, so he undoubtedly came from very strong stock. So many come from weak stock these days, a vegetarian diet could end up doing more harm than good.

There is a World of difference between eating a vegetarian diet and eating a highly nutritious vegetarian diet, and these days few would know the difference.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

How to live for 250 years..... Empty Re: How to live for 250 years.....

Post by mo1905 Wed Dec 10 2014, 16:56

Being able to live that long and actually wanting to are completely different things. What sort of health would you be in ? Would you be happy to watch all your family die before you ? Not for me thanks. The Bible wasn't far off with it's 4 score year & 10 number. And who lived to 900 BTW ?
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Wed Dec 10 2014, 17:37

mo1905 wrote:Being able to live that long and actually wanting to are completely different things. What sort of health would you be in ? Would you be happy to watch all your family die before you ? Not for me thanks. The Bible wasn't far off with it's 4 score year & 10 number. And who lived to 900 BTW ?

My mate Graham jocolor
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Post by Indy51 Wed Dec 10 2014, 22:10

I can't imagine living to 100, let alone 200. I couldn't imagine anything worse to be honest.
    AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Post by AliB Wed Dec 10 2014, 23:09

Not like things are today. If he managed to sire 200 children he can't have been that sick! LOL.

One would presume that he would have had far better health along with his longevity. Old doesn't always mean decrepit. Paul C Bragg was still standing on his head well into his 80s and swimming in the sea, etc. He wrote his book on Fasting when he was 85!

The oldest man recorded in the Bible pre-flood Mo, was Methuselah. 969 years. His age was pretty outstanding even then, but pre-flood it seems that people generally lived for hundreds of years opposed to tens. The lifespan shrunk radically after the flood.
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Post by Indy51 Thu Dec 11 2014, 00:32

Assuming you believe the bible to be anything but mythology, which I don't, I still wouldn't want to live that long - especially if I had to be a vegetarian as well as that would make it seem even longer Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 19:13