The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

Did you Know - We are Two Years Old !

Jan1

Female Posts : 3981

Did you Know - We are Two Years Old !

Post by Jan1 on Tue Aug 16 2016, 18:09

Did you know we are two years old!!!

Yes, it was August 2014 that the low carb diabetic forum launched sunny

A lot has happened in those two years, people have come and gone ... dis-appeared and come back!
    BUT, we are still here!

Thanks to all who have written, commented, read and supported the low carb cause.
    There is still much to be done but the word is getting out there (some would say it is out there)

Diabetics, and those who are not diabetics, can gain so much from living the LCHF lifestyle.
    The choice is down to the individual, but I for one feel good living my life this way.

But throughout these two years the low carb message remains un-changed and in my opinion still needs to be 'out there' helping others.

In fact I have embraced the LCHF for eight years now, and had I known about it before then would have embraced this lifestyle earlier.

I wrote this back in March 2014

What a Difference Diabetes Can Make.

I would ask you to please go and read it
    http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/what-difference-diabetes-can-make.html

All the best Jan
    flower
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2303

Re: Did you Know - We are Two Years Old !

Post by mo1905 on Tue Aug 16 2016, 18:20

2 years, 1000's of messages and hopefully a few people's ideas about diet & diabetes have changed. I used to think the future was garlic bread, how wrong I was.....
    Onwards & upwards and here's to many more years :-)

Post by chris c on Tue Aug 16 2016, 18:56

Tiny but well proportioned
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3711

Post by Eddie on Tue Aug 16 2016, 19:36

@chris c wrote:Tiny but well proportioned

Can we leave my junk out of this thread rofl Seriously folks, thanks for all the contributions. We have few regular posters, but we get lots of reads. When you run a blog, website or forum, it's impossible to know, how many people you can influence in a positive way. Eight years ago, lowcarbers were seen to be crazy eaters and off the wall. These days, many Medical Professionals are singing from the same hymn sheet.

Once again, thank you to the posters and readers. A very special thank you to Jan, my rock. A slim non diabetic, who never stops fighting for the cause. Also, Graham must be mentioned. I have lost count of times I have said, sod this lark, I'm off, but he always chills me out, and talks me into sticking with the low carb cause.  

Here's to the next two years.  thumb-up

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    graham64

Male Posts : 2811

Post by graham64 on Tue Aug 16 2016, 21:58

@Eddie wrote: Also, Graham must be mentioned. I have lost count of times I have said, sod this lark, I'm off, but he always chills me out, and talks me into sticking with the low carb cause.  

I only did it cos I know you annoy all the right people  rofl

For such a small forum we don't do to bad, Rods self management post alone has had over 1200 views 

http://lowcarbdiabetic.forumotion.co.uk/t1195-self-management-of-t2-my-first-year

Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    Eddie

Post by Eddie on Wed Aug 17 2016, 18:20

@graham64 wrote:
    @Eddie wrote: Also, Graham must be mentioned. I have lost count of times I have said, sod this lark, I'm off, but he always chills me out, and talks me into sticking with the low carb cause.  

For such a small forum we don't do to bad, Rods self management post alone has had over 1200 views 

http://lowcarbdiabetic.forumotion.co.uk/t1195-self-management-of-t2-my-first-year

1200 views on here, but on the low carb diabetic blog, a modified version of Rod's post, has had 1547 reads in the last month. That's the power of twitter for you.

http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/introduction-to-low-carb-for-beginners.html

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    Eddie

Post by Eddie on Thu Aug 18 2016, 17:21

@graham64 wrote:

"I know you annoy all the right people" Annoying all the right people is what I do. It appears I annoy all the wrong people as well affraid Just ask Mo rofl

Current date/time is Thu Jun 29 2017, 01:15