THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
zand
Paul1976
6 posters

Well,that was easy! :)

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Well,that was easy! :) Empty Well,that was easy! :)

Post by Paul1976 Thu Oct 16 2014, 16:29

Quitting the evil fags that is...

After an eternity of putting it off and procrastinating I have finally took the leap and Gone onto an E-Cig and my god! What a piece of piss that was! Very Happy
    I tried a few in advance before I decided on one to stick to but out of the ones I tried-the 10motives one was what I felt was the nearest to a regular Lambert and Butler so feeling quite positive right now. Smile
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Well,that was easy! :) Empty Re: Well,that was easy! :)

Post by zand Thu Oct 16 2014, 16:31

Well done Paul Smile
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Oct 16 2014, 16:38

That's great Paul. Along with low carbing, that will be one of the best health decisions you've ever made ! I quit 5 years ago and have never looked back ( apart from Jamaica where I had a little slip lol ).
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Oct 16 2014, 16:42

Cheers Guys! Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Thu Oct 16 2014, 16:58

Well Done Paul - good decision.

We're on your side sunny

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Oct 16 2014, 17:04

Thanks Jan! Smile
    Catza
    Catza

Female Posts : 8

Post by Catza Thu Oct 16 2014, 17:41

Well done Paul.

It's not easy making the decision to quit and many people have failed at just the thought of how difficult it can be giving up. Maybe some other members have been thinking of quitting and reading of your experiences over the next few months could be the final thing that propels them into giving up the noxious weed. Smile
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Oct 16 2014, 17:50

Catza wrote:Well done Paul.

It's not easy making the decision to quit and many people have failed at just the thought of how difficult it can be giving up. Maybe some other members have been thinking of quitting and reading of your experiences over the next few months could be the final thing that propels them into giving up the noxious weed. Smile

Thanks Jo! Smile I was a real chain smoker and up 'til last week was averaging around 40 L&B per day and this seems so easy so far and hopefully this is the final solution to years of failing to quit the tabs and If my success on this makes someone else decide to make the leap of faith too-then that's music to my ears. Smile

Best

Paul
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Oct 16 2014, 18:09

40 snout a day !!!!!!! Wow ! Think of the cash you'll save ! Mind you, I had an app that I started when I quit which recorded lung health, days/mins/secs etc, calculated savings, even had a clock that showed estimate of smoking related deaths which was scary !! My app says so far I have saved about £6000 ! Well, not sure where all that went then cos I haven't saved a bean.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Thu Oct 16 2014, 18:28

Yay! Welcome to the ecig community, I agree it's very easy, I never struggled at all, ecig s are too good to be true huh, it was supposed to help me give up all together but 2 years on I'm still sucking on them booooo
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Oct 16 2014, 18:30

mo1905 wrote:40 snout a day !!!!!!! Wow ! Think of the cash you'll save ! Mind you, I had an app that I started when I quit which recorded lung health, days/mins/secs etc, calculated savings, even had a clock that showed estimate of smoking related deaths which was scary !! My app says so far I have saved about £6000 ! Well, not sure where all that went then cos I haven't saved a bean.

lol I don't think I'll see much of a 'Real time' saving either as I know my missus will soon find something to replace my smoking budget with for sure! affraid Twisted Evil
    Catza
    Catza

Female Posts : 8

Post by Catza Thu Oct 16 2014, 18:32

I was a 60 a day 3 Castles smoker and decided to give up when my son, two at the time, developed asthma. I had been so careful to never smoke around him but couldn't shake the feeling that it was my fault. I can't say it was easy going cold turkey ... no aids 30 odd years ago, but seeing the £s mount up in a jam jar kept me going. The psychological hurdles are just as high now as it was then so anyone who manages to give up has my utmost respect.

Last edited by Catza on Thu Oct 16 2014, 18:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Oct 16 2014, 18:37

Andy12345 wrote:Yay! Welcome to the ecig community, I agree it's very easy, I never struggled at all, ecig s are too good to be true huh, it was supposed to help me give up all together but 2 years on I'm still sucking on them booooo

I reckon I'll be sucking on 'em until it's time for my wooden overcoat! Cool but the way I see it is it's damage limitation that is cheaper,doesn't make you hack your guts up in the morning and doesn't make my clothes stink like a bookies carpet! lol I reckon they can't be all bad as you got through the Marathon as a vaper which sounds cool to me. Smile
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Thu Oct 16 2014, 18:47

Had one in my running pouch thing, I had planned on puffing on it through the finish for the photo but when the moment came I was focussed on staying conscious and never gave it a thought but wasn't long before I had it in my gob lol yes all the effects of smoking go quickly, the coughing, chesty breathing, disgusting smells, they are brilliant imo but without the pain of giving up, it's a win win

I read an article that said 300 thousand people a year in America die directly as a result of smoking, if every smoker ecigged 300 would die, so by that standard it's literally 1000 times better for our health than the real thing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 16:11