THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Diabetics can eat or drink what they like if they are injecting insulin

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Diabetics can eat or drink what they like if they are injecting insulin Empty Diabetics can eat or drink what they like if they are injecting insulin

Post by Eddie Mon Oct 06 2014, 13:06

"Doctor Carmen Lee, who works with diabetics, said: “In my opinion diabetics can eat or drink what they like if they are injecting insulin. If they managing Type 2 diabetes through diet and are sedentary, then they cannot drink any drink with sugar in it, including weak fruit juice”

I bet that statement gets the carboholic low carb antis seal of approval.

Check out this latest story here http://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2014/10/06/not-what-the-doctor-ordered
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Diabetics can eat or drink what they like if they are injecting insulin Empty Re: Diabetics can eat or drink what they like if they are injecting insulin

Post by mo1905 Mon Oct 06 2014, 16:34

In theory, correct, in practice, ridiculous. Ever increasing amounts of insulin leads to higher degrees of inaccurate doses due to the margins of error. The chances of insulin resistance will also increase dramatically which will make problems worst.
    Also, a diet which includes lots of carbs is just plain unhealthy. It's that sort of message that I would have listened to when first diagnosed which is so frustrating.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Diabetics can eat or drink what they like if they are injecting insulin Empty Re: Diabetics can eat or drink what they like if they are injecting insulin

Post by Paul1976 Mon Oct 06 2014, 16:45

mo1905 wrote:In theory, correct, in practice, ridiculous. Ever increasing amounts of insulin leads to higher degrees of inaccurate doses due to the margins of error. The chances of insulin resistance will also increase dramatically which will make problems worst.
    Also, a diet which includes lots of carbs is just plain unhealthy. It's that sort of message that I would have listened to when first diagnosed which is so frustrating.

Spot on Mo!! 'Double Diabetes' is a real nightmare to deal with from the Anecdotes of people who suffer with it and is something I too try to avoid at all costs! A shed load of carbs daily counteracted with a bucket of insulin is a one way ticket to weight gain,wild BG swings,Diabetic complications and the dreaded Double Diabetes.

Another case of 'Follow the money' as eddie would say and reminds me very much of the teachings of a certain 'Hope Warshaw'. Evil or Very Mad
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Wed Oct 08 2014, 16:59

This is bang on point; I've been able to confirm that potatoes are troublesome for me.

On Monday I was out of the office in an area I didn't know and only had about 30 minutes for lunch.

I went to a Starbucks to get a salad and the lowest carb one they had had new potatoes in it. I was hungry and time short so I went with that and bolused accordingly.

The familiar rise and fall happened; my bloods went from about 7 all the way to 10, then 11, then 12 before starting to fall. I didn't give any correction doses by the way.

By about 6:00 I had to take glucose tablets to correct a hypo.

Today I had a proper low carb salad and my bloods are sitting stable at about 5.8 at 5:00 pm.

Thanks potatoes. Thanks a lot.

Best

Dillinger
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Wed Oct 08 2014, 22:34

Diabetics can eat or drink what they like if they are injecting insulin, got to keep Big Pharma coining it in Shocked

DAFNE Industry Sponsorship

2014-15 Sponsorship
    The DAFNE Programme are pleased to announce the 2014/15 Industry Sponsors of the DAFNE Programme as follows:

Diabetics can eat or drink what they like if they are injecting insulin 2Q==        Diabetics can eat or drink what they like if they are injecting insulin 2Q==

http://www.dafne.uk.com/DAFNE_Corporate_Sponsorship_2013___2014-I523.html
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Thu Oct 09 2014, 08:58

graham64 wrote:Diabetics can eat or drink what they like if they are injecting insulin, got to keep Big Pharma coining it in Shocked

DAFNE Industry Sponsorship

2014-15 Sponsorship
    The DAFNE Programme are pleased to announce the 2014/15 Industry Sponsors of the DAFNE Programme as follows:

Diabetics can eat or drink what they like if they are injecting insulin 2Q==        Diabetics can eat or drink what they like if they are injecting insulin 2Q==

http://www.dafne.uk.com/DAFNE_Corporate_Sponsorship_2013___2014-I523.html

And who could forget the picture of those DAFNE cakes that the participants get to take home! Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 17:06