THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Looking for Keto Side Dishes - these fifteen sure look good!

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Looking for Keto Side Dishes - these fifteen sure look good! Empty Looking for Keto Side Dishes - these fifteen sure look good!

Post by Jan1 Fri Jun 02 2017, 13:35

I can often be found looking at/reading Michael Joseph Nutrition Advance Site ...

Today I spotted this post
    " 15 Keto Side Dishes That Taste Incredible"

They do look wonderful, and of course use many (probably all) of our most favourite vegetables.
    From Spinach to Cauliflower to Brussels Sprouts to Asparagus.

Looking for Keto Side Dishes - these fifteen sure look good! Bacon-wrapped-asparagus

Why not go have a look, here's the link
    http://nutritionadvance.com/keto-side-dishes/

... have you been over?
    ... don't the pictures look mouthwatering?
    ... the taste must be gorgeous!

Happy Eating sunny

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Looking for Keto Side Dishes - these fifteen sure look good! Empty Re: Looking for Keto Side Dishes - these fifteen sure look good!

Post by Jan1 Sat Jun 03 2017, 19:05

Looking for Keto Side Dishes - these fifteen sure look good! Baked-eggplant-with-tomatoes-and-parmesan

Baked Aubergine/Eggplant With Tomatoes and Parmesan

If you haven’t tried baked aubergine/eggplant before, then it’s well worth a try.
    First of all, the taste is indescribably better than boiling the vegetable. Second, it does a great job of absorbing and carrying flavours.
    And that’s what happens in this recipe; the combination of aubergine/eggplant, tomato, herbs and parmesan create a delicious depth of flavour.

Ingredients
    4 Sliced Aubergines/Eggplants
    3.5oz Tomato Paste (100g)
    1 tsp. Italian Herbs
    2oz Parmesan Cheese (60g)
    1 tsp. Salt
    1 tbsp. Olive Oil

To see how it's done use this link and look at number three

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Looking for Keto Side Dishes - these fifteen sure look good! Empty Re: Looking for Keto Side Dishes - these fifteen sure look good!

Post by Jan1 Tue Jun 06 2017, 13:52

Looking for Keto Side Dishes - these fifteen sure look good! Cauliflower-and-zucchini-cheese-bake

Cauliflower and Courgette/Zucchini Cheese Bake

4 cups Cauliflower florets
    2 Medium Courgette/Zucchini (cut into dice-sized shapes)
    1/2 pint Double (Heavy) Cream (285ml)
    2oz. Cheddar Cheese (grated)
    4 Cloves of Garlic (mashed)
    1 Egg Yolk
    1-tsp. Salt
    1-tsp. Italian Herbs
    1-tsp. Black Pepper

See instructions within this post here

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Jul 24 2017, 18:08

Are you looking for keto side dishes and meal ideas/ recipes, that can help you stay below 20 grams of carbs per day?

If you’re only looking for hundreds of all strictly keto recipes ...

Have a look here
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/recipes

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Jul 24 2017, 23:14

I'm getting boring in my old age, I always read your (and other) recipes but usually end up cooking the same things. A big problem is that living now alone, I have to think up ways to use up any new ingredients. I'm not criticising when I post similar but different recipes, just thinking out loud how to do this.

Having said which, I have become a big fan of Halloumi. I just stuffed my face with one of my bolognese-type sauces including copious quantities of Halloumi, and runner beans replacing the pasta.

I might try the same trick this week with a marrow, if they look better than they did last week.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 02:29