THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

The Prof. Noakes dietary "Trial of the Century" re-started today.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

The Prof. Noakes dietary "Trial of the Century" re-started today.  Empty The Prof. Noakes dietary "Trial of the Century" re-started today.

Post by Eddie Tue Apr 04 2017, 11:16

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

The Prof. Noakes dietary "Trial of the Century" re-started today.  Empty Re: The Prof. Noakes dietary "Trial of the Century" re-started today.

Post by Jan1 Wed Apr 05 2017, 11:01

Eddie wrote:Minute by minute up-dates of the court proceedings here  https://twitter.com/MarikaSboros?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

... and continuing today! Smile

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

The Prof. Noakes dietary "Trial of the Century" re-started today.  Empty Re: The Prof. Noakes dietary "Trial of the Century" re-started today.

Post by chris c Fri Apr 07 2017, 00:42

I fear that this will end up like some of our Government Inquiries, where a judge or Lord asks probing and incisive questions, listens carefully to the answers then makes the decision the Government told him to make in the first place.

I just hope I'm wrong.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Fri Jun 08 2018, 19:09

There are quite a few posts about Prof Tim Noakes …
    I've chosen this one to say …

He has been found innocent. Smile

As many may know the authorities against him appealed the previous innocent decision, but he has been found innocent of all charges today.

The case is finally over.

It took four years for him to clear his name.

Eddie and I are raising a glass to him tonight

All the best Jan

PS Marika Sboros will have more on Foodmed soon

PPS Eddie tells me Alistair McAlpine has gone totally batshit and was last seen being carted away by two men in white coats ...
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Jun 08 2018, 21:26

https://twitter.com/ProfTimNoakes/status/1005094513914806273

https://twitter.com/TheNoakesF/status/1005101859583950848

to name but a few.

Could they be dumb enough to try to make it a hat trick??? Either way they seem to be vewwy vewwy quiet at the moment.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Fri Jun 08 2018, 22:35

Got an update from the change.org petition  Cool

Victory for Tim Noakes!

https://www.change.org/p/12991092/u/22855898?utm_medium=email&utm_source=petition_update&utmost_campaign=351345&sfmc_tk=VGtP%2fHHQPQ7rmbXUgp9PLh%2bCf02o4N2WRDg1Fsr8LqbdB%2b9kjI3rPi911vquwLIC&j=351345&sfmc_sub=202738686&l=32_HTML&u=62608359&mid=7259882&jb=18

It's not going to happen but an apology and recompense for the ordeal they put Tim Noake's through would seem appropriate
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Jun 11 2018, 22:16

I would seriously consider suing them within an inch of their lives. But then they would just put up the subscriptions for their members, and no doubt Big Food would bail them out.

The whole thing is reminiscent of the Streisand Effect, the clueless dieticians have actually caused the spread of the low carb word.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Mon Jun 11 2018, 22:28

chris c wrote:I would seriously consider suing them within an inch of their lives. But then they would just put up the subscriptions for their members, and no doubt Big Food would bail them out.

The whole thing is reminiscent of the Streisand Effect, the clueless dieticians have actually caused the spread of the low carb word.

Noake's states they have a case for malicious prosecution, whether he goes ahead with it only time will tell

https://twitter.com/ProfTimNoakes/status/1006165213077483520
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Jun 11 2018, 22:54

Yes I tend to see both sides. But I doubt the guidelines are going to get changed any time soon. I have to confess I'd go for the jugular, make it abundantly plain that nuisance prosecutions are no bueno. Otherwise they might go after others. Gary Fettke also, and several others in various countries. Pity this hasn't been front page news in the Guardian or on the BBC and other mainstream media. Obviously if he was a vegan things would be different.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 23:21