THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Sid finally comes out as a low carber

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Sid finally comes out as a low carber  Empty Sid finally comes out as a low carber

Post by graham64 Thu Dec 22 2016, 22:33

Sid completely Bonkers wrote:I have used a low carb diet to control my T2 diabetes now for almost 8 years and I have never increased the amount of fat I have eaten, so no, it will have no impact on your BG even if you stick to the LC side of the equation, as long as you dont increase the carbs. Although once you gain good control you may well be able to increase the carbs in your diet as I have.

I find that when I do eat more fat I just put on weight as you have. The very fact that you reduce the carbs in your diet means that you will eat a higher percentage of fat even without eating more of it. 

LCHF doesnt have to mean stuffing yourself with extra cheese and cream it just means cutting back on carbs, in fact it works better if you dont as you may well lose your insulin resistance as I have 

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/quandry-re-the-hf-in-lchf-cholesterol.113242/page-2#post-1335755

Methinks Sid's suffering from a memory lapse  Wink remember the why I don't Low carb thread at DCUK 

What Sid neglects to say is he his on a very low calorie diet reducing carbs without increasing cals from either fat or protein is testament to that 
    LowCarber dream on anyone who considers cornflakes as part of a low carb diet is seriously deluded banghead
    chris c
    chris c

Sid finally comes out as a low carber  Empty Re: Sid finally comes out as a low carber

Post by chris c Mon Dec 26 2016, 21:56

Was he drunk?

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 11:47