THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
chris c
graham64
6 posters

Latest blood test results in

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Latest blood test results in - Page 3 Empty Re: Latest blood test results in

Post by Eddie Thu May 18 2017, 18:41

Paul1976 wrote:Thanks Graham. Smile  Got my HbA1c results today and it came in at 48 or 6.5% in old money,would have liked lower but will hope for better next time.

All your numbers look good to me Paul, especially so, when you consider what you have been through in recent years. Kidney GFR as good as it gets, that's a huge improvement if my memory still serves. Cholesterol numbers good, according to the medics, as you know, I don't take cholesterol numbers other than trigs and HDL too seriously. The NHS has no way of checking the size of LDL particles, so the numbers don't mean much.

As for the HbA1c results, you are doing far better than most. NHS audited stats prove it. Well done mate.

Latest blood test results in - Page 3 Nhs%2Bstats
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu May 18 2017, 22:37

Derek wrote:Thanks Graham,
    You obviously have your mother's genes and will live to be a hundred! Smile  Derek

No guarantees though Derek, who knows what the future holds  Neutral
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri May 19 2017, 00:47

graham64 wrote:
    I suppose I'm lucky compared with you Chris I don't have any other issues that would affect LDL all I do know is that consuming sat fats does not have any effect on mine.

By the way it's Mo not Paul that's the fireman  Laughing

Ah well that Alzheimers will get you in the end.

Actually my problem is that I remember EVERYTHING but my recall is shot, I have to go through all the names of people I used to know before I get to the one I am talking to, which I often don't remember until I'm talking to the next person whose name I have forgotten. Once I called Colin Ben - then I realised that Ben was his dog. Not only that but the dog had died . . .
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Mon May 22 2017, 19:23

chris c wrote:
    graham64 wrote:
    I suppose I'm lucky compared with you Chris I don't have any other issues that would affect LDL all I do know is that consuming sat fats does not have any effect on mine.

By the way it's Mo not Paul that's the fireman  Laughing

Ah well that Alzheimers will get you in the end.

Actually my problem is that I remember EVERYTHING but my recall is shot, I have to go through all the names of people I used to know before I get to the one I am talking to, which I often don't remember until I'm talking to the next person whose name I have forgotten. Once I called Colin Ben - then I realised that Ben was his dog. Not only that but the dog had died . . .

"Ah well that Alzheimers will get you in the end."

Any other words of cheer Chris? And to think some believe I'm a miserable old bastard. rofl

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 18:29