THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

DUK What to eat at Christmas: Mince Pies Christmas Puddings OK

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

DUK What to eat at Christmas: Mince Pies Christmas Puddings OK  Empty DUK What to eat at Christmas: Mince Pies Christmas Puddings OK

Post by graham64 Wed Dec 09 2015, 21:20

Enjoying the indulgent festive season can be a struggle for people with diabetes. Pav Kalsi, clinical advisor at Diabetes UK, shares some tips to enjoy Christmas if you have the condition...

Turkey: Remove the skin and eat light-coloured meat (breast) rather than dark meat (thigh) to reduce your calorie intake.

Pigs in blankets: Use low-fat cocktail sausages and pierce the skins. Wrap with lean back-bacon (with the excess fat trimmed off) and grill, rather than fry or bake, to allow any excess fat to drain away. Try and limit yourself to two or three. 

Roast potatoes: Keep the amount of fat you add to a minimum by dry-roasting or using spray oil. 

After-dinner treat: Of course Christmas wouldn’t be the same without dessert, such as a traditional Christmas pudding or mince pies served with brandy butter, custard or cream. Try making your mince pie without its lid, or choose single cream instead of double cream. Or make custard with semi-skimmed or skimmed milk.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/what-eat-christmas-if-you-have-diabetes

So there you have it nothing is off limits just as long as it's low fat, you can even have dried fruit as a snack  Shocked
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

DUK What to eat at Christmas: Mince Pies Christmas Puddings OK  Empty Re: DUK What to eat at Christmas: Mince Pies Christmas Puddings OK

Post by Paul1976 Wed Dec 09 2015, 21:50

They certainly know how to spoil us at chrimbo eh!! facepalm Tasteless,dried up carb laden low fat food that is guaranteed to kick the christmas cheer out of even the most jolliest of diabetics along with some pretty nasty BG numbers to boot!...and limit yourself to only 2 or 3 pigs in blankets?? Crikey! Does that mean if we eat 4 we'll all have a coronary before Big Ben chimes in the new year?! DUK get worse!!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

DUK What to eat at Christmas: Mince Pies Christmas Puddings OK  Empty Re: DUK What to eat at Christmas: Mince Pies Christmas Puddings OK

Post by Eddie Wed Dec 09 2015, 22:30

Paul1976 wrote:They certainly know how to spoil us at chrimbo eh!! facepalm Tasteless,dried up carb laden low fat food that is guaranteed to kick the christmas cheer out of even the most jolliest of diabetics along with some pretty nasty BG numbers to boot!...and limit yourself to only 2 or 3 pigs in blankets?? Crikey! Does that mean if we eat 4 we'll all have a coronary before Big Ben chimes in the new year?! DUK get worse!!

Shut it lad, scoff ya carbs, treble the meds and stop moaning. Think of others you selfish git, DUK need to keep their druggie mates happy, the wonga coming in, and the motors fuelled up. rofl
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Wed Dec 09 2015, 22:40

Eddie wrote:
    Paul1976 wrote:They certainly know how to spoil us at chrimbo eh!! facepalm Tasteless,dried up carb laden low fat food that is guaranteed to kick the christmas cheer out of even the most jolliest of diabetics along with some pretty nasty BG numbers to boot!...and limit yourself to only 2 or 3 pigs in blankets?? Crikey! Does that mean if we eat 4 we'll all have a coronary before Big Ben chimes in the new year?! DUK get worse!!

Shut it lad, scoff ya carbs, treble the meds and stop moaning. Think of others you selfish git, DUK need to keep their druggie mates happy, the wonga coming in, and the motors fuelled up. rofl

Congratulations Eddie you've just won a prize for making the 20,000th post cheers , Paul will have the DUK Christmas Hamper sent out to you in time for the festivities  popcorn vodkamachine
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Dec 09 2015, 22:48

graham64 wrote:
    Eddie wrote:

Congratulations Eddie you've just won a prize for making the 20,000th post cheers , Paul will have the DUK Christmas Hamper sent out to you in time for the festivities  popcorn vodkamachine

Jeez, does that mean I can now apply for parole? freakout
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Dec 09 2015, 22:56

BTW I remember the forum of flog hampers some items 70% carb which prompted this rant.

After years of turning down commercial advertising, we have decided to take the money. We are launching a range of products that satisfy the most dedicated anti low carbers. Our first product, the diabetic hamper. Packed with bread, rice, pasta, potatoes and factory produced food. Approved and endorsed by The Starch Addicts Institute.

At a recent press launch, sales and marketing director Rick Ripoff was clearly ecstatic when he stated. “ This product fills a niche in the market place, other diabetes sites sell hampers that are only highly dangerous, but our hamper takes diabetic dietary stupidity to a new level. We guarantee hyperglycaemia within one hour or your money back. Our diabetic hamper is 100% sat fat free, and will satisfy the most carb addicted ! This is a product for connoisseurs of carb, and it’s a winner if ever I saw one”

Priced to sell at only £199 + £15 carriage we know you will be delighted. Special launch deal order two and carriage free. Order three and claim your free state-of-the art carbon fibre white stick and the beginners guide to Braille.

Coming soon, our no test strip required blood glucose meter. Sure to be a monster hit. Whatever your BG, it never reads higher than 5.4, a must for all those who think the NICE guidelines are safe. If you love those carbs and meds. this is the BG meter for YOU !

Disclaimer.

Should you become blind or minus a limb, or suffer kidney failure or heart attack using our products, please contact our Lawyers, Bullshite, Whitewash and Koverupp of New York.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Wed Dec 09 2015, 23:16

Eddie wrote:BTW I remember the forum of flog hampers some items 70% carb 

If you'd prefer the DCUK hamper we can have a word with Mr Panesar Cool
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Dec 10 2015, 19:12

Fuckwit city!

I shall be having a pheasant roasted wrapped in bacon with mushrooms chestnuts and brussels sprouts, a couple of glasses of red wine and a lie down. I was just practicing today, with a pheasant half the size of a turkey which I think will provide three decent meals.

I did survive an aunty-cooked Christmas dinner some years back when she was still alive. It took some doing - a small carby snack (a couple of Amaretti) about half an hour before the main meal, to get my pancreas in the mood, an anatomically correct (ie small) quantity of spuds and parsnip, then a fast walk before hitting the Christmas pud with plenty of cream and brandy, then a longer walk before the slice of Christmas cake. My BG never went over 6 all day - but it did drop below 4, I missed a turn during my fast walk, ended up in the wrong village and had to schlep all the way back in the rain. Walking while my insulin output is at its max can do this, YMMV of course.

This weekend I may have my annual mince pie in town, followed by a brisk walk along the riverbank. The strange thing is I've got so used to not eating sugary starchy crap that I find it hard to enjoy, I only do it because the nice people in the shop give them away.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 09:49