THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+6
Baruney
zand
Sally
sanguine
Paul1976
Eddie
10 posters

Urgent message for all members!

Baruney
    Baruney

Male Posts : 167

Urgent message for all members! - Page 2 Empty Re: Urgent message for all members!

Post by Baruney Mon Sep 21 2015, 23:31

graham64 wrote:The issue with moderators at DCUK has been going on for five years it all started with the appointment of cugila as a mod, I've dug out a thread and a post by admin from 2010, it appears his words fell on deaf ears. The thread is six pages long I made a couple of posts on it too.

Administrator wrote:
    Jo, as I've said, if anyone has a grievance with a particular moderator or monitor, come directly to me and I will do my best to address it. I am always in favour of laissez-faire moderation that does not stifle debate, and I also believe that the 'rules' of this forum are only established as a benchmark to protect against abuse, and do not need to always be followed to the letter. 

All we are trying to do here is provide a free environment to encourage people with diabetes to exchange information between each other. That was my original purpose in setting up the forum, and remains the purpose today. It makes me happy that thousands of people have been helped, less happy that the knowledge base we once enjoyed has been fractured by individual egos who tried to make a support system into a battleground.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/moderation.16483/page-3#post-151013

Great insight @graham64. Seems like same old same old. Anyhow seems to suit some more than others.

NB not a private message....

catherinecherub
    catherinecherub
    Whatever people may or may not think of this topic ............Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.....

I don't know how the monitors or mods are feeling, pretty bewildered I should think, but I would like to say that things here suit me.

No doubt to be oblivarated soon.

run run
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Urgent message for all members! - Page 2 Empty Re: Urgent message for all members!

Post by graham64 Tue Sep 22 2015, 00:03

@Baruney yep it is the same old Rolling Eyes The fact is the last two appointed mods were followers of cugila and were part of his inner circle so even though he was banned they are ensuring his legacy of censorship and banning is still the same

The moderation team is heavily biased against low carb the cherub and noblehead were two of the most antagonistic posters just trying to provoke a reaction from low carbers, anna and daisy both have connections to cugila and osidge has always been anti low carb, that just leaves azure don't know much about her but don't think she is like the rest.
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Tue Sep 22 2015, 00:40

Hola @graham64

Gosh quite new to all this only having joined the club a year ago. I get that money is to be made from diabetes and that the info will only change as more money can be made from low carb. I am seeing it more and more everyday especially in London.

I get @eddie mission and bring it on! However I am still at a loss as to why he with the brilliantly white teeth is meeting Eddie. Is it a damage limitation exercise?
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 22 2015, 10:40

Turning into a strange situation. I have called the DCUK office and Mr. Arjun Panesar was in a meeting. We have swapped phone numbers but have not spoke to each other yet. The time first talked about on Thursday suited me fine, has now been changed to a time I am not available. For some reason I cannot fathom, Mr. Panesar has continued a dialogue via twitter rather than call me. It appears to be coming rather convoluted. I will report back when the position has been clarified.
    Squire Fulwood

Post by Squire Fulwood Tue Sep 22 2015, 11:03

I'd be careful here. Sir Elton John thought he was talking to Putin the other day.
    Squire Fulwood

Post by Squire Fulwood Tue Sep 22 2015, 11:10

Does DCUK have a policy for dealing with the more obvious sock puppets? There is one that comes on most Saturday nights after (possibly) a bevvy or two and causes trouble. I believe he appeared on the Low Carb Diabetic site the other day. He is a Professor from Wales.

Perhaps if they held back posts from newbies on Saturdays until he has been weeded out would be good idea.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 22 2015, 11:23

Squire Fulwood wrote:Does DCUK have a policy for dealing with the more obvious sock puppets? There is one that comes on most Saturday nights after (possibly) a bevvy or two and causes trouble. I believe he appeared on the Low Carb Diabetic site the other day. He is a Professor from Wales.

Perhaps if they held back posts from newbies on Saturdays until he has been weeded out would be good idea.

This is the bloke this post deleted at the flog but we thought it funny.

"Hello, unable to sleep so I though I would share this recent review which I found interesting. will will begin by saying sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes as English is a second language for me.

A recent review of 10 studies in to diabetic amputation in the UK Found that there was significant reduction of the risk of lower limb amputations amongst males in the Sikh community by 25 percent.

Professor Ronald Gupta Singh of the University of South Wales believes its the Sikh practise of wearing a Turban, that helps prevent heat loss through the head helping prevent circulatory problems.

He went on to say that non-Sikhs males could benefit by wearing a smoking hat or adopting the wearing of a Turban and growing a beard or goatee, especially in the winter months.

I was taught how to tie a Turban at a Gurdwara (Sikh temple) open day and have worn one whilst hiking last October in Snowdonia. But I would be hesitant to walk down the local high street with one on in case it courted ridicule. Perhaps a beanny hat thou would be acceptable and I know smoking hats are currently in vogue.

I noted that the review did not mention women or the wearing of hat by them.

What is your opinion?

Warmest regards"
    Squire Fulwood

Post by Squire Fulwood Tue Sep 22 2015, 11:36

It is funny but he isn't always so. Gupta Singh is one of his hundreds of ID's but according to some opinions he is really Dr Paul Jones of Carmarthen.

One of his regular ploys is to ask an innocuous question in broken English and if anyone bites the next reply he gives will contain another silly question. He keeps people going for hours and hours.

The last time he appeared with the ID Terrier and I had the honour of him naming an entire thread after me. In perfect English he told me that if I had nothing useful to contribute then I should shut up. I think I get under his skin.

Once he came on as a young woman asking for help in making a decision and I told him that he was a big girl now and should decide for himself.

It's only fun if you know it's him. Lots of gullible people spend a lot of time trying to help the idiot.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Tue Sep 22 2015, 11:42

This forum was plagued with the 'Jona' troll last year-possibly 25 or 30 aliases we had to deal with.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 22 2015, 11:44

He is the only person persons ever banned from here.
    Squire Fulwood

Post by Squire Fulwood Tue Sep 22 2015, 11:48

I've just remembered another incident. He began with his usual broken English and said he had tried to commit suicide six times and then said he would like to move in with someone so they could help him with his control.

I quoted the moving in part and wished him "Good luck with that" and I got deleted by the mods.

Surely I must be unique in being deleted for wishing someone good luck.

Last edited by Squire Fulwood on Tue Sep 22 2015, 11:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
    Squire Fulwood

Post by Squire Fulwood Tue Sep 22 2015, 11:54

Someone asked if he had washed his hands and he replied,

"Yes washed my glands checked meter etc so don't know if ignores are right now it's the second meter as well I have getting".

His English always improves dramatically as a thread wears on.

I seem to have hijacked the thread but I would still like to know if DCUK can cope with him.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Sep 22 2015, 13:16

I have something to put to Mr Panasar...I joined his site in early 2012,completely unaware of 'Carb wars' and the like and had no side or axe to grind,I settled on LCHF as that was the only way of eating that worked for me-No hidden agenda...What surprised me a lot though was that there was a handful of members who were almost always guaranteed to de-rail any thread that involved low carb or sat fats in the topic...here's an example and quite a mild case of de-railing from this member as there was much worse

"Dr Kendrick, high fat, lipids etc quack quack quack here we go again Laughing"

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/statins-what-happens-if-i-dont-take-them.21735/#post-195943

This was just trolling-plain and simple yet no action was taken and several years later-This comment still stands and I noticed a trend with certain posters continuing to derail threads with provocative statements,sometimes aimed at me,I'd try and defend myself yet I'd be the one who received the warnings/bannings etc whilst the offending members posts would stand with no repercussions,before the 'Like' button I was banned for 2 weeks for replying to a member with +1 which I meant as "I agree" or "I like" and eventually I was permanently banned for no real reason along with a lie told by admin about my so called "Multiple user accounts" I had 2 in fact with the first one being closed as I asked for it to be banned myself and the Paul-1976 account that I was banned on along with 2 other members-one of whom had given many hours of time for free as a moderator for the DCUK forum and who was very well liked and another being a man who had spent hours helping newly diagnosed diabetics to a better place...What did we all have in common? We advocated low carb!!!
    The same people are still de-railing to this day and seem untouchable but it's no secret that many of these people go back a long way with and are friendly with a lot of the current forum moderators-Does that situation sound fair and unbiased? The answer is no! The moderation seems to be ruled by personal feelings and infractions only handed out to people who 'Aren't in the circle' so to speak...As a 'Clique' or an exclusive club no problems but this is supposed to be "Europe's largest diabetes forum" is it not and surely there's no place for 'Clique's' and biased moderation on such a site?
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 22 2015, 15:58

This situation sums up the flog very well. Some will remember the excellent mod Pneu. He is the son of a type two member who received a temporary ban for no reason from a corrupt mod. He tried to resign on the flog and his post was immediately deleted. He posted on our blog because it was the only way he could make his voice heard. Pneu is a low carber and even as a mod had no control over the antis and a small group of wreckers clearly aided and abetted by the management.

Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Tonight I have asked that my forum account be removed from DCUK.

I can no longer be a member let alone a moderator of a forum whose administration team have consistently shown poor management, questionable moral judgement and a lack of any sort of thought through decision making.. We have a forum that is being administrated by two young adults who lack the appropriate skill set / experience to act decisively.  

DCUK have members that are having to resort to legal action against other members to stop bullying and personal attacks and the administration team have done nothing.. DCUK have a moderator (Daisy) who has been implicated by multiple users as actively targeting them and directing them to ABC Diabetes so that they can be caught up and manipulated.. the end result of which was a terminally ill man being harassed to his death bed and other members seeking legal advice re: DCUK; what have they done? NOTHING.. DCUK have an administration team that has totally lost contact with the day to day feeling of general forum members; promoting a moderation approach that stifles meaningful discussion and treats members like children... two examples today where the overwhelming feeling in the thread was totally ignored and the threads moderated / closed.

Today DCUK banned / threaten certain members who are active contributors with previous good behaviour for doing nothing but voicing a harsh yet TRUTHFUL fact that diabetes does kill... members who have actively support said community over the past six months... the sort of members that DCUK should be protecting and nurturing in order to ensure a strong community going forward. If contributors can't tell the truth, if posts are removed or edited for presenting the harsh yet frank reality of diabetes and life then what is the point of a discussion forum? If people can't have a view then why should they bother? why don't we just redirect the website to DUK...

Anyway that's me done with DCUK

Best Regards To All

Pneu

BTW We have three screen shots of PM's sent to a member confirming while Daisy was a mod at the flog, she actively recruited to get people to join ex fired and disgraced mod Cugila's forum. To this day the standard cut and paste advice posted by Daisy to new members still has Cugila's  real name Ken and his also fired in disgrace co mod Sue. Many have complained the BG numbers quoted are dangerous and no member here would ever want to see the quoted BG numbers on their meters.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Sep 22 2015, 16:51

Yep! Pneu...A fair mod who really knew his stuff-Much missed!

BTW...Have you heard anything back from Mr Panasar yet Eddie?
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 22 2015, 17:26

"Yep! Pneu...A fair mod who really knew his stuff-Much missed!"

Yes Pneu was extremely knowledgeable and experienced. Although he was staunch low carber he never went over the top about it. But he had very serious character flaws for a flog mod, he was honest and intelligent, just like Mo, he could not stand by and see the day by day skulduggery and called it a day.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Sep 22 2015, 19:06

graham64 wrote:The issue with moderators at DCUK has been going on for five years it all started with the appointment of cugila as a mod, I've dug out a thread and a post by admin from 2010, it appears his words fell on deaf ears. The thread is six pages long I made a couple of posts on it too.
    Actually I think it started before that.

A bunch of low carb antis including Jopar elected each other mods and threw off some of the more clueful low carbers. I can recall a time when I was in email contact with Ken and Sue who were much more reasonable then. Also I can recall emailing Dan and getting the impression he was desperately trying to achieve "balance" by starting the low carb and non-low-carb forums, he didn't appear to understand that allowing equal time between a diet that worked and a diet that didn't work was not "balance".

It was shortly after that that Ken and Sue realised what they would have to do to gain and hold on to power that they significantly changed their views and things got REALLY bad.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Sep 22 2015, 19:15

"The same people are still de-railing to this day and seem untouchable but it's no secret that many of these people go back a long way with and are friendly with a lot of the current forum moderators-Does that situation sound fair and unbiased? The answer is no! The moderation seems to be ruled by personal feelings and infractions only handed out to people who 'Aren't in the circle' so to speak...As a 'Clique' or an exclusive club no problems but this is supposed to be "Europe's largest diabetes forum" is it not and surely there's no place for 'Clique's' and biased moderation on such a site?"

Yes that about sums it up Sad
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Tue Sep 22 2015, 21:41

Found this in my extensive collection of screen shots.  Smidge was another long term member who helped many others but thanks to the heavy handed moderation called it a day.

Urgent message for all members! - Page 2 Smidge
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Tue Sep 22 2015, 22:15

Eddie wrote:
    Baruney wrote:
    Eddie wrote:
    Baruney wrote:Where are you meeting Pizza Hut? rofl rofl

Nice one.  thumb-up

I very much doubt it, I though this might be a good place. "London to get its SECOND cereal cafe as the capital goes crazy for breakfast staple (and this time there's a takeaway option)  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-3063972/The-Cereal-Killer-Cafe-open-second-branch-Camden-Stables-London.html

Hope you have a constructive meeting - can't find the thread that lead to the meeting though - how did this come about then and what is the purpose of the meeting (if I may ask).

This is why it came about  https://lowcarbdiabetic.forumotion.co.uk/t1730-diabetes-co-uk-and-why-you-must-follow-the-money#18269

And the purpose of the meeting is try and bring about much needed change.

Hola @Eddie Ok I've reread the article again but still at a loss as to the meet up. Yep get that the mods are a bit sunshine bus especially the lovely Catherine.  But if it's been going on for 5 years why address the situation now.

Why not just let them trot out their business model and let them be done with it. Any pharma marketer can see the difference between quoted members and active members (326).

On a more serious note. If you do meet up on Thursday can you ask who did his teeth.  They are spanking!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 22 2015, 23:31

"Hola @Eddie Ok I've reread the article again but still at a loss as to the meet up. Yep get that the mods are a bit sunshine bus especially the lovely Catherine.  But if it's been going on for 5 years why address the situation now. "

This is why.

Urgent message for all members! - Page 2 DUK%2Bpay%2Bus%2Ba%2Bvisit

I have been commenting about the flog for years via our low carb blog. Commenting on the dishonesty and under-handiness, then out of the blue, they suddenly want to see me, and I know why. Too many people are following our blog and twitter account and thousands around the world are reading my posts, tweets and re-tweets. Far too many big names and influencers are seing the truth.
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Wed Sep 23 2015, 00:25

Exactly so why bother.

If you do do though. Don't forget to ask about the IP issue and the teeth.

Cheers.

Ed
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Sep 23 2015, 08:19

"Any pharma marketer can see the difference between quoted members and active members (326)."

Baruney was that number plucked out of your butt for a wind up? If not where did it come from.
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Wed Sep 23 2015, 08:52

Maybe maybe, after all what are number when they are so easy to manipulate. But in fairness I didn't make it up. For example at this present moment in time there are 299 members online now as per the screenshot below.

Back to work for me now - have a spiffing day.

Urgent message for all members! - Page 2 Member10
    Squire Fulwood

Post by Squire Fulwood Wed Sep 23 2015, 14:58

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 04:03