THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

It's all about the LCHF message!

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

It's all about the LCHF message! Empty It's all about the LCHF message!

Post by Jan1 Fri May 29 2015, 20:08

"In total there are 44 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 40 Guests :: 2 Bots" Tonight.

Just keep talking and spreading the good news. We are making a difference.

All the best Jan

flower
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

It's all about the LCHF message! Empty Re: It's all about the LCHF message!

Post by Eddie Fri May 29 2015, 20:22

And the LCHF good news never stops.

"After my diagnosis in May last year when my Hba1c was 12 %,I read all I could about reversing diabetes and improving your numbers.I was told I needed metformin but I refused because I was determined to do it without drugs or at least try.I found the quickest way to reduce my blood glucose was the LCHF diet and exercise.After just 3 months my HBa1c was at 5.8% and my fasting was down from 18.8 to late 5s/early 6's.It is the only diet that seems to work for me.

I did a bit of experimenting with carbs in the last few months but I still spiked too much.Not to my initial high numbers but too high if I want to avoid complications and stay off drugs.Also my toes start to get numb and tingly again and I get some fungal skin infections when I increase my carb intake .When I keep strictly to 30-50g of carbs my symptoms start disappearing.

I have lost a lot of weight and look forward to losing my last stone and a half.Hopefully when I get tested in September my Hba1c will be 5.5% or less.

Link to another diabetic that has achieved great results, and please note, no meds.  http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-success-stories.3763/page-12#post-863452
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sat May 30 2015, 13:25

I get lots of anonymous comments on our main blog, very often saying I am obsessed with the DCUK forum, never one constructive comment and the anons never want to discuss anything in a meaningful way, just a lot of noise and insult. It is true I spend time reading the flog, but obsessed is a bit over the top. If you think about, as I am interested in diabetes the self styled "The Largest Diabetes Forum In Europe" is an obvious go to for me. Over the years much has gone on at the flog, but one thing has stayed remarkably constant, the low carb good news. Every time I go over to the flog, someone is posting about weight loss, excellent control of their diabetes, and very often on zero medication. And always low carb is the reason, and that's a fact. The non low carb success stories are non existent, I suspect it will ever be thus.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 13:17