THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Quote of the week!

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Quote of the week! Empty Quote of the week!

Post by Paul1976 Wed Sep 03 2014, 13:05

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Quote of the week! Empty Re: Quote of the week!

Post by Eddie Wed Sep 03 2014, 13:45

That may have been the quote of the week, but arguably this was the comment of the week.

"I'm glad you've found a diet that works for you Douglas but it seems to almost be a 'Boast' about eating whatever you like and holding apparently good BG numbers-don't you think that this is highly confusing for the newly diagnosed who may have a HbA1c in double figures and no access to test strips...Blogs are all well and good but how does this help anyone? You're all sorted-That's great! others are not so lucky and I sometimes feel you just don't get that...You could start your own blog for free on Blogspot or Wordpress without the risk of confusing newbies...Just a thought"

About time someone but the spoofer straight ! Well done Paul.

Regards Eddie
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Sep 03 2014, 15:19

Douglas made his point many times over. A diabetes public forum is no place for an on-line diary. Good luck to him and his DIY and diving and diet etc, I'm pleased he's happy. As Paul quite rightly said, there are other places to post a blog. That thread has had 1678 views up tip now, compared to 117 posts. So, for every comment made, there are 10 others that read it and say nothing. How many of those are left confused ?? Shame really.
    cold ethyl

Post by cold ethyl Wed Sep 03 2014, 15:57

I don't actually mind him posting a blog like entry every day ( others do it in different bits of forum to a greater or lesser degree) - what pisses me off is the refusal to acknowledge that he can eat this way because he has been/ is on meds, that ok for now weight loss may have reduced his insulin resistance, but constantly topping up with carb heavy diet probably isn't doing his remaining pancreatic function any favours and that much of what he eats is a load of crap, diabetic or non diabetic. No one should be eating pot noodles and rubbish like that. I'm sure even the pushers of the NHS healthy plate had a different sort of carbohydrate portion in mind. If the diving means you end up at the chip van, a portion of fish is a better option than a bag of chips, a wholemeal sandwich rather than a pot noodle? Everyone is entitled to say what they do to control diabetes, the proviso being that it shouldn't be a diet that no sane person should be eating.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Wed Sep 03 2014, 16:53

cold ethyl wrote:I don't actually mind him posting a blog like entry every day ( others do it in different bits of forum to a greater or lesser degree) - what pisses me off is the refusal to acknowledge that he can eat this way because he has been/ is on meds, that ok for now weight loss may have reduced his insulin resistance, but constantly topping up with carb heavy diet probably isn't doing his remaining pancreatic function any favours and that much of what he eats is a load of crap, diabetic or non diabetic. No one should be eating pot noodles and rubbish like that. I'm sure even the pushers of the NHS healthy plate had a different sort of carbohydrate portion in mind. If the diving means you end up at the chip van, a portion of fish is a better option than a bag of chips, a wholemeal sandwich rather than a pot noodle? Everyone is entitled to say what they do to control diabetes, the proviso being that it shouldn't be a diet that no sane person should be eating.

Agree 100% let him do what ever he likes to himself, but why the dross is allowed to continue is beyond me. One can only wonder at what a newbie or long time poorly controlled diabetic makes of it all. Freedom of speech is one thing but the man has contradicted himself so many times his threads are more for winding people up than sound advice for anyone.

Regards Eddie
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Wed Sep 03 2014, 21:17

I don't understand why after locking his other blog this ones allowed to go on and it's just as bad if not worse, both send the wrong message out to the newly diagnosed and why some members have defended his diet is beyond me Rolling Eyes
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Wed Sep 03 2014, 21:26

graham64 wrote:I don't understand why after locking his other blog this ones allowed to go on and it's just as bad if not worse, both send the wrong message out to the newly diagnosed and why some members have defended his diet is beyond me Rolling Eyes

Couldn't agree more Graham and I never thought I'd ever say this but..."C'mon Osidge!! get that thread locked!!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 03:01