THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+6
Jan1
Paul1976
mo1905
merrylizard1314
Pasha
Eddie
10 posters

The Big Rant Forum

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

The Big Rant Forum Empty The Big Rant Forum

Post by Eddie Sun Aug 16 2015, 15:38

Is something annoying you big time? Heard some crazy diabetes related news? About to blow a gasket? Then feel free to rant away here.

We have changed the forum from Thommo's bar to this new title. Thommo legged it a long while ago from here and the flog, so it kind of become redundant. Also, some have said they don't like the side swipes and rants regarding the flog and other topics they consider negative. So, if we keep all the rants and gasket blowing on this forum, people that want to give it a wide berth can. That being said, we believe in free speech, so if you want to go ape about something, go for it.

The Big Rant Forum Angry-man
    Pasha

Male Posts : 68

The Big Rant Forum Empty Re: The Big Rant Forum

Post by Pasha Sun Aug 16 2015, 16:47

Something to consider and remember from"across the street"

(n.)Someone who moderates a chatroom or message board. There are generally five types of moderators:

1. Asswipe: Moderator that likes to punish members for little or no reason, harasses members and then punishes them for harassing back or questioning them, or is an asshole in general to those around him, not including his suckup friends, who will respond to his powerabuse with: "lol", "pwned bitch", or "wut a fag".

2. Strict Moderator: Follows the rules by the book, no exceptions. Any rule infraction spotted will be punished, often without warning. Normally dreaded.

3. Do-Nothing Moderator: Moderator that acts more like a member than a moderator, only intervening in serious matters that require mod attention. Usually ignores rule infractions for fear of angering the administrator or stricter moderators. Usually friendly.

4. Badass: Best moderator there is. They are fair, and will usually joke around and let things go if the intention of the rule infraction was not fitting with the reason the rule was created. However, if someone is being a total idiot, especially flaming, they will proceed to argue with them for the sole purpose of getting them to make a fool of themselves, often to the point of losing their cool and posting a last "FUK U ALL!!!!!" message, at which point there is much lulz and the nooblet gets b7. See Winrar

5. Nutcase: Moderator that not only rarely enforces rules, but often breaks them themselves in the name of fun, or sometimes just out of boredom. Usually doesn't have modship for long, or is constantly scolded by other mods or the admin. Me.

These are the main five categories, there are several other types and combinations of types out there.

"Ugh, I told that moderator that he's being a jerk, and he banned me. What an asswipe."

"That moderator is mad strict. She just suspended six members for spamming just because they had too much chatspeak."

"Is that dude even a moderator? He hasn't done jack through all this flooding."

"Haha, this moderator is so awesome."

"What the hell...? That guy just flooded six pages of the chat away... he's a moderator? Wtf?"
    merrylizard1314
    merrylizard1314

Female Posts : 90

Post by merrylizard1314 Sun Aug 16 2015, 17:05

PASHA!, found you!
    You forgot to mention the oily mod, who only pretends to be friendly and then wipes all your best posts!,
    Pasha

Male Posts : 68

Post by Pasha Sun Aug 16 2015, 17:34

merrylizard1314 wrote:PASHA!,  found you!
    You forgot to mention the oily mod, who only pretends to be friendly and then wipes all your best posts!,

It was a sharp learning curve for me, it was my first experience with such a "unique moderator". By the way I have since learned that Alisonjane has been

banned. Somebody asked "where are the people being banished to , eastern Germany" ?  Interesting times.

Anyway, welcome to the land of the free. I hope others, like you have, will find their way here as well.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sun Aug 16 2015, 17:46

There is also the secretive mod. Edits/deletes or bans but doesn't actually tell anyone or admit to it !
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Aug 16 2015, 17:58

mo1905 wrote:There is also the secretive mod. Edits/deletes or bans but doesn't actually tell anyone or admit to it !

I'm guessing CC or Noblehead there-They both hide their online status so they can play their sneaky little 'Pounce' game onto unsuspecting members. No
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Aug 16 2015, 18:15

Forum moderators

The great diabetes forum mods.

These are people who are often highly educated, or very life experienced, very often type ones, but not all. Many  have lived with diabetes much of their lives one way or another. I am talking about Fergus, Timo, Pneu, Dennis, Katharine Morrison, Ian and Mo et al. They are usually low carbers running non diabetic numbers. They work for love, they give their highly valuable time for free. Unfortunately they usually walk away from a forum. They get worn down dealing with idiots, who work overtime to justify their carb up and shoot up, very often failing regime.

These mods are like great referees, they do not jump on petty rule infringements, they allow the game to flow. Only intervening when a serious breach of the rules has taken place. They know the rules, and do not apply their own interpretations to cover for their idiotic, sycophantic, groveling friends.

The bad diabetes forum mods.

Often these people are have a chip on their shoulder, life has dealt them some bad hands. For the first time in their lives they have been granted a smidgen of authority and responsibility. They consider the forum as ‘their forum’ and everyone else must be subservient to them. They have never heard the expression a wise person is guided by the rules, but total adherence is for fools. These people are incapable of independent thinking. Quoting the abysmal NICE blood glucose guidelines to newbies, which also perpetuates the good friends names of Ken and Sue (ex fired forum mods in disgrace) going with every cut and paste. These people run up fantastic post counts, usually via word games etc. Useful information from these people is very thin on the ground. In short, it’s an ego trip. They fool a lot of the people most of the time, but the thinkers, the people that are awake, see right through them.

Very often these mods are as a thick as a plank, they judge others by their own standards, they believe most people are stupid. They probably don’t notice, or maybe it’s a bonus for the dullards, the great members, the real contributors, very often walk. If not they can be banned, thread locked and deleted. And then they can relax, and get back to posting drivel such as “we are all different” and “all things in moderation” etc. etc. etc. infinitum.
    merrylizard1314
    merrylizard1314

Post by merrylizard1314 Sun Aug 16 2015, 18:22

@Pasha, I tried to send AJ a PM but was blocked. I cannot imagine what AJ could possibly have done, to be banned. It is a mystery. I was hoping to find her on this forum, but no luck so far. Everything seemed to be going so well and then BOOM!,
    The good moderators ( and there surely must be some there) seem powerless to intervene
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sun Aug 16 2015, 18:25

@MerryLizard1314 ... sorry to butt in. When you say AJ there is ajsherlock (Sue) is this the same person ?

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Aug 16 2015, 18:37

When I first posted there someone I knew from elsewhere PM'd me to tell me about a different (then new) forum.

I never got the PM.

The mods at the time swore blind they never deleted it and couldn't read PMs. Utter bollocks.

We control the horizontal, we control the vertical, da-de-da-da-da-de-da-da . . .
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Aug 16 2015, 18:43

chris c wrote:When I first posted there someone I knew from elsewhere PM'd me to tell me about a different (then new) forum.

I never got the PM.

The mods at the time swore blind they never deleted it and couldn't read PMs. Utter bollocks.

We control the horizontal, we control the vertical, da-de-da-da-da-de-da-da . . .

Too true my friend, they only admitted PM's can be read after one of the low carb teams campaigns. As far as I know all people with the appropriate authorisation, that can be mods and admin can read forum members PM's. One of the reasons we have no PM system. However, I will post later how all members can communicate with each other in total PRIVACY.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Aug 16 2015, 18:43

Jan1 wrote:@MerryLizard1314 ... sorry to butt in. When you say AJ there is ajsherlock (Sue) is this the same person ?

All the best Jan

Hi Jan!

AJ is short for AlisonJane from DCUK and was recently banned there for no apparent reason that anyone can see although sadly we know that bannings over there don't need a valid reason to occur and most often the mods/admin don't even explain to the member what so called rule was 'Apparently' breached to lead to such a draconian punishment. Crying or Very sad
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sun Aug 16 2015, 22:39

Paul1976 wrote:
    Jan1 wrote:@MerryLizard1314 ... sorry to butt in. When you say AJ there is ajsherlock (Sue) is this the same person ?

All the best Jan

Hi Jan!

AJ is short for AlisonJane from DCUK and was recently banned there for no apparent reason that anyone can see although sadly we know that bannings over there don't need a valid reason to occur and most often the mods/admin don't even explain to the member what so called rule was 'Apparently' breached to lead to such a draconian punishment. Crying or Very sad

Many long term members have gone missing over there besides the banned ones, mod editing of posts is rife maybe people are getting pissed off with all the over the top censorship and calling it a day. 

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." John Dalberg-Acton
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Post by Indy51 Sun Aug 16 2015, 23:02

Why would Alisonjane join a low carb forum? She's been pretty vocal that it doesn't work for her, rather it worked for her but it was too hard to do long term so she's gone low calorie instead.

Really good idea about the separate forum, Eddie Cool
    merrylizard1314
    merrylizard1314

Post by merrylizard1314 Mon Aug 17 2015, 11:26

I agree with Indy51, my fellow Australian, about a separate forum if that is what @Eddie was suggesting.
    IBELIEVE AJ10 was interested in low carb, she just wasn't ready to try it again yet.
    And nom and Baruney were planning another FatFast in September I don't know where they've gone, not sighted them for days now.
    It is getting really spooky over there!
    Got to rush off. We have guests, and I only came out here to get the cheese board. Wensleydale,double Brie, Gambozola, Norwegian goats' cheese and good old Bega Vintage. And I made some low carb crispbread to go with.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Aug 17 2015, 11:43

merrylizard1314 wrote:
    And nom and Baruney were planning another FatFast in September  I don't know where they've gone, not sighted them for days now.
    It is getting really spooky over there!

I haven't read DCUK in a while but I believe Nomistheman was unfairly banned for a week I think? Quite possible that it has left a sour taste in his mouth and he's now left-I don't know...As for Baruney,I don't really know that member so couldn't comment as to what's happened there,but as you say,things ARE spooky at DCUK and anythings possible when it comes to bannings etc
    merrylizard1314
    merrylizard1314

Post by merrylizard1314 Tue Aug 18 2015, 20:58

I cannot see what the moderators at DCUK get out of fooling around with folks' posts. It is making me so cross to see how my posts are being moderated or vanished and how All my PMs are now blocked. Why would they do that? I would say that I am one of the most compliant and inoffensive posters over there and nothing I have ever posted about has been at all contentious. I am beginning to feel that it is only a matter of time before I am banned for no reason at all. AJ10 is back on the forum, and when I tried to send her an entirely innocuous PM, expressing gladness at her return, it was blocked. And then, when Iput it on the end of a FBG post, it was moderated out.
    Who can make sense of that? One member, whose ban was worked out, is having enormous difficulty getting back to his usual posts, they are even vanishing them, before they get on the thread proper.. I am in the grip of baffled fury at the moment, gnash , gnash....
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Tue Aug 18 2015, 21:05

I noticed that someone else started a thread today asking how to delete their profile because they were fed up with the strict moderation over there. I blinked and the thread was gone. Maybe I was imagining things, eh?
    merrylizard1314
    merrylizard1314

Post by merrylizard1314 Tue Aug 18 2015, 21:16

It just seems totally irrational to me. I think I saw one of my posts attributed to someone else, but it was one of those"blinking" ones. I know what you mean. You think you've imagined it, or perhaps are suffering from a little-known complication of diabetes. I like to understand how things work, but this is beyond all reason.....rant over, there's no point.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Aug 18 2015, 21:25

zand wrote:I noticed that someone else started a thread today asking how to delete their profile because they were fed up with the strict moderation over there.  I blinked and the thread was gone.  Maybe I was imagining things, eh?

No imagining things there! It happened and before you could log in and hit the like button and reply-It went up in a big puff of smoke as you would expect in the Gulag that is known as DCUK. facepalm

As for the much discussed PM issues regarding DCUK and members potentially being sanctioned on the basis of the content of their private messages ...Well I would suggest the management are sailing very close to the wind in terms of data protection if these messages haven't been extracted and monitored due to the request of the authorities or a message being reported if this underhand espionage at the hands of the staff is really happening.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Tue Aug 18 2015, 22:10

Paul1976 wrote:
    zand wrote:I noticed that someone else started a thread today asking how to delete their profile because they were fed up with the strict moderation over there.  I blinked and the thread was gone.  Maybe I was imagining things, eh?

No imagining things there! It happened and before you could log in and hit the like button and reply-It went up in a big puff of smoke as you would expect in the Gulag that is known as DCUK. facepalm

As for the much discussed PM issues regarding DCUK and members potentially being sanctioned on the basis of the content of their private messages ...Well I would suggest the management are sailing very close to the wind in terms of data protection if these messages haven't been extracted and monitored due to the request of the authorities or a message being reported if this underhand espionage at the hands of the staff is really happening.

Nothing changes, this all started about five years ago with appointment of cugila as a mod he was on an ego trip and that's when the banning thread locking/deleting and post edits became the norm though it appears to be getting even worse now, it's no coincidence that the mod behind most of whats going on was a disciple of his. I've noticed many anonymous mod edits of late including posts by tim2000 and spiker 

Just how many members have left due to heavy handed censorship  Question that admin stands by and allows this to happen shows things aren't going better any time soon 

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Aug 19 2015, 20:54

Maybe Turboturd the Orlistat kid is back?
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Wed Aug 19 2015, 21:30

chris c wrote:Maybe Turboturd the Orlistat kid is back?

Wrong gender Chris, unlike Tubs she skulks hidden in the background anonymously editing, deleting comments and threads.

Clue Wink Check out my sig
    merrylizard1314
    merrylizard1314

Post by merrylizard1314 Thu Aug 20 2015, 12:06

One can only ask why? Cui Bono? Is Orlistat at the same as Xenical?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Aug 20 2015, 12:13

merrylizard1314 wrote:One can only ask why? Cui Bono?    Is Orlistat at the same as  Xenical?

Indeed...Both the same drug.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 11:15