THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Jenny Hirst, the Co-chair of IDDT : Does an MBE allow me a rant?

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Jenny Hirst, the Co-chair of IDDT : Does an MBE allow  me a rant? Empty Jenny Hirst, the Co-chair of IDDT : Does an MBE allow me a rant?

Post by graham64 Wed Sep 03 2014, 22:51

A couple of interesting paragraphs from the PDF:

"While it may not be glamorous research, it is time for significant investment in independent research into diet for the general public and for people with Type 1, Type 2 and what is classed as ‘pre-diabetes’. We need to know what is effective, what is achievable and how to change the nation’s habits."

I can’t leave out the drug companies who are bringing out more and more pills to treat Type 2 diabetes. Yes, this offers choice but it is too easy for people to think that if they pop a pill to treat their diabetes this will solve the problem. People need the education programme that is supposed to be given to everyone with diabetes to inform them that the treatment of both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes is medication, diet and exercise.

http://www.iddt.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/IDDTNewsletter-Sep2014.pdf

Thanks to heathenlass for posting link this at the other place.
    cold ethyl

Jenny Hirst, the Co-chair of IDDT : Does an MBE allow  me a rant? Empty Re: Jenny Hirst, the Co-chair of IDDT : Does an MBE allow me a rant?

Post by cold ethyl Wed Sep 03 2014, 23:19

Interesting that Type one is also mentioned as on increase. Research into the nation's diet is needed urgently on all fronts but isn't going to happen as long as governments are in bed with big business.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Jenny Hirst, the Co-chair of IDDT : Does an MBE allow  me a rant? Empty Re: Jenny Hirst, the Co-chair of IDDT : Does an MBE allow me a rant?

Post by Jan1 Wed Sep 03 2014, 23:36

Well as ethyl has said "Research into the nation's diet is needed urgently on all fronts but isn't going to happen as long as governments are in bed with big business" .....have to say I agree with this.

We must continue to keep on doing what we are all doing here and that is spreading the word that a menu plan does not need all those sugars and starches, how reducing them leads to better blood sugar numbers for all diabetics and is also good for non diabetics too. In fact the nations overall health could improve drastically. The key is education for all. The trouble could still be not all will heed the warnings .....Education for all to choose wisely - keep on talking LCHF sunny

All the best Jan
    Bode
    Bode

Female Posts : 21

Post by Bode Thu Sep 04 2014, 14:27

Thank you for posting this.  I had never even heard of IDDT but they look like an interesting organization.

I am considering going to their conference on Oct 18th.  It looks like there might be some decent information.  Also the keynote speaker is Dr. Fox, who is part of my local group, and I really would like to hear him speak more extensively.  

http://iddt.org/events
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Thu Sep 04 2014, 17:17

Bode wrote:Thank you for posting this.  I had never even heard of IDDT but they look like an interesting organization.

I am considering going to their conference on Oct 18th.  It looks like there might be some decent information.  Also the keynote speaker is Dr. Fox, who is part of my local group, and I really would like to hear him speak more extensively.  

http://iddt.org/events

You may well find there is some useful information, and an added plus that someone you know is a keynote speaker.
    Do please keep us informed, should you decide to go .....thanks.  Smile

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 13:03