THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+3
Derek
Eddie
mo1905
7 posters

Christmas ... just around the corner !!

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Christmas ... just around the corner !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Christmas ... just around the corner !!

Post by Eddie Tue Dec 20 2016, 21:45

I'm sick of it already. Out in Essex today A12 M ll A120 etc. Too many cars and trucks slowed traffic down and sadly, we have never seen so much litter everywhere we looked, has Essex council given up on clearing it up?
    chris c
    chris c

Christmas ... just around the corner !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Christmas ... just around the corner !!

Post by chris c Tue Dec 20 2016, 21:50

Haven't been down that end of the A12 since we moved here and don't want to go there ever again.

It's Essex, did they ever clear up the litter?
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Fri Dec 23 2016, 13:09

Mike at 'A Bit About Britain' has a very interesting blog ... a brief introduction
    "Hi – Thanks for visiting A Bit About Britain.  I’m Mike.

A Bit About Britain is a personal, independent, project that seeks to inspire, inform and entertain.  I want it to be a portal into Britain’s heritage and attractions, aimed at armchair travellers as well as those seeking practical ideas and information.  I make no apology for the strong heritage bias; today’s Britain has been forged by its past – and it’s a fascinating one.  Understanding a bit about a place’s historical context is part of the fun – and it enriches the experience.

Everything on A Bit About Britain is as authentic, accurate, original and objective  as I can make it.

Occasionally, A Bit About Britain is eccentric; sporadically, it rants; every now and again, it is iconoclastic; rarely is it 100% sensible."
    http://bitaboutbritain.com/about/

He has just posted a great article (well I think it is) about Christmas Magic it's well worth a read

You can find it here
    http://bitaboutbritain.com/christmas-magic/#comments

All the best Jan
    santa
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Dec 24 2016, 14:26

Christmas ... just around the corner !! - Page 4 Proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2Fanimations.fg-a.com%2F4-snowmen-animated

If you are doing any last minute shopping, hope you get all the LCHF ingredients you need, our fridge and freezer are full with some great food ...

Yes, we also have a few bottles of our favourite tipple ...

I also have a good stock of Yorkshire tea bags, well I couldn't run out over Christmas could I !!!

All the grandchildren are so excited ... will it be early to bed for them ... as soon as they hear those 'sleigh bells' ring I'm sure they will scamper up to bed sunny

Whatever you are doing over the Christmas Season, I wish you all a good one

Merry Christmas

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Dec 26 2016, 22:22

Eddie wrote:I'm sick of it already. Out in Essex today A12 M ll A120 etc. Too many cars and trucks slowed traffic down and sadly, we have never seen so much litter everywhere we looked, has Essex council given up on clearing it up?

On TV news Braintree was mentioned. Left me wondering why there isn't somewhere else in Essex called Dumbtree.

Disclaimer: parts of Essex are quite nice, mainly the further you are from London and the nearer you get to Suffolk.

Been not going out much, spectacular weather, bright sun and enough wind to blow-dry the laundry, and amazing displays from the Rooks and Jackdaws in the back field, there must be thousands wheeling through the sky and doing aerobatics.

A few less pheasants than there were last week <evil grin>
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Jun 22 2017, 18:13

Yes, I do know the date is 22nd June 2017, but guess what ???

Argos have just announced what they think will be the must have choices for Christmas affraid

" Argos has shared its predictions for the toys that will be under your Christmas tree in December.

It might feel like you’ve only just recovered from last year, but each summer, the catalogue retailer issues a list of what will be the bestselling toys, six months in advance of Santa Claus’ visit.

Dominating lists to the North Pole for the 2017 holiday season will be “memorable childhood gifts” including dolls, LEGO, and tech-driven toys - some of which haven’t even hit the shelves yet

The official list from the UK toyseller tells parents to expect requests for items like the Luvabella doll, capable of drinking milk from a bottle and sleeping, the Airhods DR1 Race Drone, and wearable tech SoundMoovz bands.

And if you thought Hatchimals had gone away, think again, as they’re still topping the charts.

On-screen toys are also set to feature on wishlists, with appearances from Disney’s ‘Cars 3’ Lightning McQueen, and the ‘Paw Patrol’ Sea Patroller.

But according to the research, polled from over 1,000 parents, the most popular choice this year will be a ‘blockbuster gift’. As 54% of parents say they are planning on purchasing a ‘gasp out loud’ present alongside a couple of stocking fillers.

Read more here 

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/argos-toys-christmas-2017_uk_594a65d5e4b0177d0b8ac056?ir=UK+Parents&utm_hp_ref=uk-parents&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D204446174_uk

What is evident - toys certainly aren't cheap  Shocked

Grandparents and parents ... it may be time to start saving! LOL!
    ... who said Happy Christmas Question

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Jun 22 2017, 21:29

Gods preserve us . . .
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Jul 19 2017, 18:48

Well ... did you see it ???!!!

The first TV advert for Christmas 2107  Exclamation

In case you missed it, it featured Balsam Hill Christmas Trees, they have a special July event on.

What a thought that on July 25th, only six days away as I type this, Christmas Day will only be five months away EEK !

https://www.balsamhill.co.uk/

As Chris said in his post above "Gods preserve us . . ."

Happy Days Wink

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Wed Jul 19 2017, 22:15

Jan1 wrote:Well ... did you see it ???!!!

The first TV advert for Christmas 2107  Exclamation

In case you missed it, it featured Balsam Hill Christmas Trees, they have a special July event on.

What a thought that on July 25th, only six days away as I type this, Christmas Day will only be five months away EEK !

https://www.balsamhill.co.uk/

As Chris said in his post above "Gods preserve us . . ."

Happy Days Wink

All the best Jan

Last thing on my mind at this time of year is Christmas  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Jul 20 2017, 00:37

Like those sodding adverts that say "Back To School!" within days of the holidays actually starting.

Actually I used to deliver to a manufacturer of Christmas decorations up in the Welsh Valleys, in a place with more consonants than were good for it, and not many vowels, LLwynypya or something similar. I suppose it makes sense to offer a massive out of season discount to shift some stock out of the warehouse early and generate some income to tide you over.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jul 22 2017, 18:59

Yes, most of the schools around our way broke up yesterday ... so I am expecting to see 'Back To School' signs very soon!

I can remember one year getting very organised and buying new shoes, new shirts etc. for our youngest and patting myself on the back for being so organised ... or so I thought!
    He then went on to have 'a growth spurt' and needed another pair of shoes in the September!
    In future years I left it a while ... he is now 6' plus in his twenties and buys his own shoes  Smile

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Jul 23 2017, 00:25

Do you knit?

My mother loved knitting, originally while listening to the radio and later while watching TV. I still have some of her pullovers which must be decades old. Some of the others, not so much, her quality of work was somewhat variable. Probably she knitted faster during the exciting bits.

She also liked to buy clothes that were too big, especially baggy trousers that I HATED.

"You'll grow into them!"
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Jul 24 2017, 18:34

I don't knit Chris ... my Mum was a wonderful knitter and there were always knitting needles and balls of wool around the house. She knitted everything from jumpers, cardigans, scarves, gloves, some wonderful nativity scenes which she donated to local churches and infant schools - Christmas tree decorations and even knitted vegetables!

I still have a few cardigans that she knitted for me, a timeless classic design, and I always wash them carefully ... a few more years wear in them yet! LOL!

Now I hate to say it but you were right ... in our local supermarket earlier and there were the 'Back To School' signs Evil or Very Mad
    Oh my goodness  Shocked

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Jul 25 2017, 00:02

Oh bless! Yes also Gran and her WI friends used to knit and make stuffed toys out of felt for the church jumblies. And jam and pastries of course.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Jul 25 2017, 22:19

... looking at today's date earlier today 25 July. I suddenly thought, five months today will be Christmas Day affraid

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Tue Jul 25 2017, 22:54

A Bristol pub has already put up a Christmas tree even though it's July - here's why

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/bristol-pub-already-put-up-230514?service=responsive
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Jul 29 2017, 22:33

That's Bristol for you.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Oct 12 2017, 22:00

Have you started dropping any hints on Christmas gift/present ideas?
    I know the younger members of the family will be writing their Christmas requests to Father Christmas in the next month or so ...

It does seem to get more expensive each year ... if you'd like to know how many days to go until Christmas Day 2017, use the link below  Smile  santa

http://www.xmasclock.com/

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Thu Oct 12 2017, 22:32

Already received my usual charity Christmas catalogue Shocked  up to now the grandkids have not mentioned Christmas but no doubt I will shortly be receiving an extensive and expensive  list of the latest technology  bitenails
    KetoWolfLady
    KetoWolfLady

Female Posts : 3

Post by KetoWolfLady Fri Oct 13 2017, 09:32

I'm going to try and start a bit earlier this year. I usually try and order a lot of stuff from online £ shops and intend to get my gift bags, tags, and stocking fillers from the 50p shop. That means that I can spend a little more on the actual main pressies (still hope it's not going to be too horribly spendy though this year - have to have some jobs done on my bike before weather gets too bad!)
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Oct 15 2017, 00:12

Push or motor?
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Oct 17 2017, 16:28

graham64 wrote:Already received my usual charity Christmas catalogue Shocked  up to now the grandkids have not mentioned Christmas but no doubt I will shortly be receiving an extensive and expensive  list of the latest technology  bitenails

Yes, there are lots of good catalogues and Charity Shops to get some cards ...

I think the older the grandchildren get the more expensive the choice of presents get ... technology doesn't come cheap Exclamation

At the moment ours are getting into Halloween mode, this seems far more to the fore than it was when I was young ...

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Oct 18 2017, 00:28

Gah! The staff in the newsagents were setting out the Christmas cards, wrapping paper etc. and wearing Santa hats already.

Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Oct 19 2017, 18:27

Talking of Santa Hats, hope you may wear yours on Christmas Day ... santa

Many years ago when ties were worn there was almost a competition in the family about who would wear the best Christmas Tie ... must admit it was fun and caused a lot of laughs  rendeer  

Lots of eateries have been advertising for weeks now to book your Christmas Meal here ... so far ... haven't been tempted.

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Oct 20 2017, 22:19

I have my Christmas pheasant on order from my gamekeeper friend.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06 2024, 22:14