THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

American Diabetes Association Embraces Low-Carbohydrate Diets. Can You Believe It?

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

American Diabetes Association Embraces Low-Carbohydrate Diets. Can You Believe It? Empty American Diabetes Association Embraces Low-Carbohydrate Diets. Can You Believe It?

Post by graham64 Thu Jun 04 2015, 22:50

This is an old post from Richard Feinman but I was alerted to a recent comment (Tuesday)which sums up perfectly in my opinion all that is wrong with with the way LowCarb is perceived by the likes of the ADA and DUK.

I have a good idea who chrisc is, an old friend and scourge of the antis from DCUK

chrisc wrote:chris c says:
    June 2, 2015 at 1:23 pm
    For the best part of a decade now, to my knowledge, the ADA have slated low carb diets “because there are no long term studies”. If they had started one ten years ago they would have had ten years of results. However they would probably have lost ten years of sponsorship.
    During that decade, on their very own forum, as on most other diabetes forums and newsgroups, there has been a succession of success stories. Hundreds if not thousands of anecdotes remain anecdotes, while studies of small numbers of patients bought and paid for by the Sugar Bureau are “data”.
    When John Buse was in charge they decided that low carb diets were permitted only for weight loss, not glycemic control, for a maximum of a year, and not lower than 135g carbs. The result was that some of their sponsors pulled their money, if I recall correctly General Mills and Cadbury Schweppes.
    Most of these successes come from controlling peak postprandial blood glucose using this or similar techniques

http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.co.uk/2009/04/test-test-test.html

despite numerous requests this has never been subjected to a trial, not even the meter manufacturers and importers in many countries have shown any interest in sponsoring such a trial. Obviously no drug company, carbohydrate processor or margarine manufacturer would increase sales from such a trial, and since these are most of the sponsors not only of the ADA but the AHA, ADieteticA, and equivalent “charities” in most other countries, I predict no such trial will ever be funded.
    Meanwhile have a look at the prices and side effects of some of the new “diabetes drugs” and gnash your teeth

http://feinmantheother.com/2013/12/27/american-diabetes-association-embraces-low-carbohydrate-diets/#comment-13180

zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

American Diabetes Association Embraces Low-Carbohydrate Diets. Can You Believe It? Empty Re: American Diabetes Association Embraces Low-Carbohydrate Diets. Can You Believe It?

Post by zand Sun Jun 07 2015, 21:44

" I predict no such trial will ever be funded. " How true. And that's why I prefer anecdotal evidence every time.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

American Diabetes Association Embraces Low-Carbohydrate Diets. Can You Believe It? Empty Re: American Diabetes Association Embraces Low-Carbohydrate Diets. Can You Believe It?

Post by graham64 Sun Jun 07 2015, 22:17

zand wrote:  " I predict no such trial will ever be funded. "  How true.    And that's why I prefer anecdotal evidence every time.

As we only have short term trials due funding restrictions anecdotal evidence from long term LowCarbers is the best we have Sad and lets not forget there is no real science behind the eatwell plate for diabetics Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 16:43