THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Have you got a personal ambition?

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Have you got a personal ambition? Empty Have you got a personal ambition?

Post by Eddie Sat Mar 28 2015, 18:28

I appreciate many on the forum are younger than me and may have many ambitions you want to fulfill. Although I hate the “we are all different” saying, because I believe we are all the same, we all have the same fears and wants. We all want to live in peace with a decent standard of living, we want to be secure, and we all need some love and respect in our lives. If we have kids we want them to do better than us, the same goes for grandchildren. As diabetics we all want to check out in one piece with no serious diabetic complications.

But what about a relatively modest personal ambition. I am lucky, or maybe I am easily pleased, maybe I have never been an ambitious person, I have attained pretty much every ambition, bar one. I have lusted after owning a Honda S2000 for years. A good full service history in near mint condition S2000 can be had for a third of the new price these days. I want one, before I check out.

How about you people, have you got an ambition, a luxury within reasonable grasp you would love to achieve ? Let’s hear about it.

Have you got a personal ambition? 18Zoll_VN-Line_Honda+S2000_Felgen
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Have you got a personal ambition? Empty Re: Have you got a personal ambition?

Post by Paul1976 Sat Mar 28 2015, 18:46

Apart from doing Route 66 in a 60's Ford mustang or '77 pontiac trans-am Burt Reynolds style and spending some quality time in Italy-My next treat is to upgrade to a Ford focus ST,5 door so practical with the family but lot's of horses to play around with for some spirited driving. Smile

Have you got a personal ambition? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBTlDfGME7k0Nb2U1tsCXkcsFtqImI6Z9JgglSgi6aVJhCLRMT
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sat Mar 28 2015, 19:05

A great car Paul one of our neighbours has one, a very sensible performance car, but guess what, I am not overly sensible these days, no surprise there then. We have this as a second car for cruising around the lake district and other UK holidays. A great little car, but our 1.8 Tigra has less power than a mouse trap on steroids.

Have you got a personal ambition? Jan+in+our+little+red+car+(1)

A pic I took getting way off the beaten track, and just about our favourite place on earth.

Have you got a personal ambition? Mountain+drive
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Mar 28 2015, 19:27

It'll never be a Bugatti Veyron but the little Tigra is perfect for what you use it for-Couldn't think of a better time to own a softtop then when the sun is shining in the Lake district. Smile
    horfilmania
    horfilmania

Female Posts : 68

Post by horfilmania Mon Mar 30 2015, 03:21

My personal ambition is to take goofing off to an all time high now that I'm retired. I'm tired of at least 58 years (since 7 years of age) of responsibility, hard work, schedules, deadlines, budgets, et al.

Here's to goofing off!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Mar 30 2015, 05:35

horfilmania wrote:My personal ambition is to take goofing off to an all time high now that I'm retired. I'm tired of at least 58 years (since 7 years of age) of responsibility, hard work, schedules, deadlines, budgets, et al.

Here's to goofing off!

I know what you mean Horf. After working 50 years and officially retired at end of last year, I have been "goofing around" for three months. I have never been so inactive and bone idle in my entire life. Mind you, not helped by the winter I have grown to detest. If I am still around next years, I'm hibernating. Laughing
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Mar 30 2015, 20:51

I've always wanted a piano ( not really enough room here ) or a decent painting. Not huge money, I've seen a few decent ones for about £500 or so. I visited 2 galleries recently, London & Manchester, both had some great pieces by Rolling Stone's Ronnie Wood. He's quite an artist and his work is going up in value.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Mar 30 2015, 21:20

Never knew that about Ronnie Wood! Don't know a lot about art but I like a couple of Andy Warhols pop art pieces and I'd like a copy of that painting where there's some dogs around a table playing poker but I haven't a scooby who painted it! lol
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Mar 30 2015, 22:28

Paul1976 wrote:Never knew that about Ronnie Wood! Don't know a lot about art but I like a couple of Andy Warhols pop art pieces and I'd like a copy of that painting where there's some dogs around a table playing poker but I haven't a scooby who painted it! lol

Is it this one lol ?Have you got a personal ambition? Images11
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Mar 30 2015, 23:18

mo1905 wrote:
    Paul1976 wrote:Never knew that about Ronnie Wood! Don't know a lot about art but I like a couple of Andy Warhols pop art pieces and I'd like a copy of that painting where there's some dogs around a table playing poker but I haven't a scooby who painted it! lol

Is it this one lol ?Have you got a personal ambition? Images11

Close enough!! lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 00:25