THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Are Sainsbury's right to do this? "80-year-old banned from every Sainsbury's store after an accident "

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Are Sainsbury's right to do this? "80-year-old banned from every Sainsbury's store after an accident " Empty Are Sainsbury's right to do this? "80-year-old banned from every Sainsbury's store after an accident "

Post by Jan1 Mon Mar 23 2015, 19:27

"Why Sainsbury's has banned one 80-year-old and his mobility scooter from its stores.

Are Sainsbury's right to do this? "80-year-old banned from every Sainsbury's store after an accident " NTI_SCOOTER_02

80-year-old Albert Carter, from Newcastle-under-Lyme, has been told he cannot enter any of the 1,200 Sainsbury's stores around the UK, and that if he tries to break the ban, store staff will call the police. And what was the crime, which was considered so serious that he has a national ban?

Carter accidentally drove his mobility scooter into a fellow shopper.

He said he was paying at the customer service desk, and as he turned his scooter to leave, he accidentally drove into a woman standing nearby. He then panicked and drove his scooter into the customer service kiosk.

He told the Metro that he took full blame for the accident, and added: "I understand that they might be concerned abut me coming into the shop after what happened, but I have never had an accident on it before so why would they ban me forever?"

He said that staff and paramedics at the time were very nice, and he only heard about the ban, when he received a letter, which said: "Should you enter any of our premises, you will be treated as a trespasser and the police will be called as necessary." Carter says he has barely left home since the accident on 7 March."

More On This Story Here:

http://money.aol.co.uk/2015/03/23/80-year-old-banned-from-every-sainsbury-s-store-after-an-acciden/

Well whatever our age ..young in a pushchair or older in a mobility scooter .. we all need to get around safely and take care on doing so. But I've even had shopping trolleys pushed into me - hey I need to get out and about to buy all that lovely LCHF foods Exclamation

Any thoughts  Question

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Are Sainsbury's right to do this? "80-year-old banned from every Sainsbury's store after an accident " Empty Re: Are Sainsbury's right to do this? "80-year-old banned from every Sainsbury's store after an accident "

Post by zand Mon Mar 23 2015, 19:39

No, it's very wrong for Sainsbury's to ban him. I can't say anything else because I might be banned from here if I say what I want to say. It's disgusting to treat him that way.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Are Sainsbury's right to do this? "80-year-old banned from every Sainsbury's store after an accident " Empty Re: Are Sainsbury's right to do this? "80-year-old banned from every Sainsbury's store after an accident "

Post by Paul1976 Mon Mar 23 2015, 20:06

zand wrote: I can't say anything else because I might be banned from here if I say what I want to say.

C'mon,as long as it's legal then fire away-We're not at DCUK here! Wink

Shame on Sainsburys too!! Disgusting OTT treatment indeed! Evil or Very Mad
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Mar 23 2015, 20:18

I wonder who actually banned him and for what specific reason ? It could be deemed illegal and discriminative. If the man was unable to safely control his scooter and there was a history of complaints then I can see a cause for concern but a one off accident ? Absolutely disgusting behaviour.
    Sharon

Post by Sharon Mon Mar 23 2015, 21:26

i hope someone is helping this old man with his shopping . i am sure my local big supermarket has these at the entrance so that shoppers can use . does not seem right to treat him this way .
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Mon Mar 23 2015, 22:57

Well comments so far are definitely on Albert Carters side ........

I also read some of the 300+ comments from the story I linked to in my first post.

It is hard enough for disabled people to get out and about, do their shopping, perhaps go to their local library, or GP's etc.

Safety for all has to be number one priority - is there more to this story than was reported - if it was a one off incident it does seem over the top behavior from Sainsbury's ......

Jan

flower

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 11:25