THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+5
chris c
Paul1976
Eddie
Admin
Mrs Vimes
9 posters

How do you know you've been banned from the flog?

Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Female Posts : 156

How do you know you've been banned from the flog? Empty How do you know you've been banned from the flog?

Post by Mrs Vimes Tue Sep 01 2015, 20:37

I posted a facetious (hard faced) comment. I now don't have permission to look at that thread. Have I been banned or has the thread been pulled?

Thank you! Feeling well rebellious,
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

How do you know you've been banned from the flog? Empty Re: How do you know you've been banned from the flog?

Post by Admin Tue Sep 01 2015, 20:40

Mrs Vimes wrote:I posted a facetious (hard faced) comment. I now don't have permission to look at that thread. Have I been banned or has the thread been pulled?

Thank you! Feeling well rebellious,

I don't think you've been banned from the forum but the mods do have a tendency to ban certain people from certain threads that they have posted any comment that rocks the boat in any way. Crying or Very sad
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

How do you know you've been banned from the flog? Empty Re: How do you know you've been banned from the flog?

Post by Mrs Vimes Tue Sep 01 2015, 20:46

Thank you for your prompt response. I think it's the naughty step for me!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 01 2015, 20:52

Mrs Vimes wrote:Thank you for your prompt response. I think it's the naughty step for me!

I sometimes think, some people believe, some of us exaggerate what goes on over there, the banning, editing, thread locking and deletion is going on 24/7. And that has gone on for years. A few are on the protected list, most members are cannon fodder.
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Post by Mrs Vimes Tue Sep 01 2015, 21:03

I had no warning just when I tried to look at the thread it said I didn't have permission. Some bloke was rumbled as selling a product by stealth and I said if it weren't for them dang kids we would have got away with it.
    Maybe they were scooby do fans.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 01 2015, 21:03

Why have I gone blue in the face rofl What causes that Paul any ideas why some posts come out dark blue?
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Post by Mrs Vimes Tue Sep 01 2015, 21:06

As an Evertonian I think it looks good?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Tue Sep 01 2015, 21:08

Eddie wrote:Why have I gone blue in the face rofl What causes that Paul any ideas why some posts come out dark blue?

Lol! No idea mate! Looks like I'm gonna have to 'Delve into the engine room' again! bitenails
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 01 2015, 21:08

Mrs Vimes wrote:As an Evertonian I think it looks good?

Please tell me Mrs. Vimes you are not a football hooligan like Zand affraid
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Post by Mrs Vimes Tue Sep 01 2015, 21:15

The Evertonian bit is genetic - no choice. I believe Zand is hard core though - I wouldn't pick a fight and I'm from by the docks. jimlad
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 01 2015, 21:16

"I'm from by the docks." Good place to come FROM run
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Post by Mrs Vimes Tue Sep 01 2015, 21:32

Watching the Hairy Bikers. Cakes to begin with, type 2 partner drooling. But now biggoch - cabbage and meat. Looks gorgeous, like a big plate of Scouse. Without the potato of course. I approve!

Still with the dockers - When my grandad died, in the 1950's, he'd worked as a docker. He left my nan with 10 girls to bring up. His docker mates used to 'acquire' food parcels from the docks and leave them in my nan's backyard. They kept them from malnutrition.

Don't know how true this, apparently one of them who used to do this was the dad of a 1970's / 80s comedian.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 01 2015, 21:36

Ah, back in the good old days when men were men and sheep were nervous. Oh dear is that sexist, ya never know these days. ban
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Post by Mrs Vimes Tue Sep 01 2015, 21:48

Those men kept me ma fed. If they were sexist (probably), I'd still be grateful and love them forever. We had no grass so sheep would starve!

But the women? Scary mate. The real boss of the family.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 01 2015, 21:53

"But the women? Scary mate. The real boss of the family."

It was ever thus, some men think they are the boss, they are deluded.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Sep 01 2015, 22:01

BTDT
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Tue Sep 01 2015, 23:24

Mrs Vimes wrote:I had no warning just when I tried to look at the thread it said I didn't have permission. Some bloke was rumbled as selling a product by stealth and I said if it weren't for them dang kids we would have got away with it.

Thread ban? I'm in good company then - it happened to me too! No explanation or proper warning either.

I don't get how the rules are that the moderators decision is final but, it's OK to discuss them via PMs but, when you do that you get a forum ban because the moderators decision is final. Totally ambiguous and enables an environment where absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Enough typed!
    Baruney
    Baruney

Male Posts : 167

Post by Baruney Wed Sep 02 2015, 00:05

nomistheman wrote:
    Mrs Vimes wrote:I had no warning just when I tried to look at the thread it said I didn't have permission. Some bloke was rumbled as selling a product by stealth and I said if it weren't for them dang kids we would have got away with it.

Thread ban? I'm in good company then - it happened to me too! No explanation or proper warning either.

I don't get how the rules are that the moderators decision is final but, it's OK to discuss them via PMs but, when you do that you get a forum ban because the moderators decision is final. Totally ambiguous and enables an environment where absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Enough typed!
    How many times do you suggest that a warning is put on the thread?

This was posted as well.
    http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/thr...cose-in-a-morning.23574/page-1319#post-907387

There are all manner of posts appearing on the thread, totally unrelated, that can be best answered on the forum by a larger audience rather than be confined to the people who use the fasting thread.

When you question a moderator's decision on an open forum you can expect to get it moved as it is also derailing the thread and moderators do not respond on an open forum.

As to whether the thread should be renamed, if everyone kept to the topic then why would it?
    People who complain do not have to run the gauntlet because you want to know who they are, that is between them and the moderators who deal with the reports. Why do you think that you should be involved?

Thread bans can be imposed for 7 days or can be permanent. As you seem to be aware of nomistheman's ban from the thread perhaps you should ask him how long it is for? If this facility was not open to moderators then they could not use it. It is and they do rather than give warnings as repeated offenders could be banned from the whole forum for periods of time rather than one thread.

The matter has been discussed with other moderators and I suggest that you accept my decision. I am not prepared to discuss this further.

It is better to have an open mind than one closed by belief. Anon.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. Winston Churchill.
    Type 2 Diet controlled. Last HBA1c 5.1. Following low GI diet.

Well then it's a shame that your not prepared to discuss further as only some of the points raised were addressed.

As for your suggestion, given that there is no recourse, then it's a bit more than that but don't worry about it there are far more important things to be getting on with.

You do however raise an interesting question about warnings of derailments.

All comments meant with the best intentions.

Cheers.

T2 diagnosed August 2014.
    Diet and exercise.
    По своей природе большинство моих замечаний будет свет сердцем , если с помощью любых средств они поднимают вам BP , пожалуйста, с щепоткой соли .
    It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.

Any how I'm sure you've seen this but..
    I cannot discuss what has happened with regard to other members as that is a private matter. People can only surmise but some members think they know even though it is pure speculation. They are not privy to what has transpired hence me saying chinese whispers.
    Any type of moderator intervention that warrants a penalty is between mods and the person receiving the penalty.

Right then

All agreed Lets move on:

Type 2 fasting boring thread for the facts and figures fans

Type 2 Fasting and furious for the racy

Freedom for the Type 2 Two

Hugs and kisses all round

Virtual party @Merrylizard1314 house

and a stop to this...............

今晚的音乐似乎这么大声
    我想,我们可能会失去这个人群
    也许是这样更好
    我们会伤害对方,我们会想说的事

我们可以一直这么好起来
    我们可以永远住这个舞蹈
    但我没有人会跳舞
    请留下来

but i digress as I haven;t even posted my blood sugar levels...

Nope even this is not my fasting sugars.... but 2 years to recruit someone who fulfills your business model - come on, especially with those forcasted profits for 2106. Being as shallow as a puddle (Recruiter) I may offer Arjun some psychometric profiling to help him recruit....and I shall name that template.

http://startups.co.uk/the-entrepreneur-arjun-panesar-diabetes-co-uk/

Moron.

Because I can on this forum - or will find out quick enough if I CAN'T.

Right - good night - putting a stop to it there was meant to be living my usual rock and roll life style but it has been 4 hours since I intended to have a good soak in the bath - I wil now correct that.

Rock on!
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Post by Mrs Vimes Wed Sep 02 2015, 20:58

Not actually sure what you are getting at a Baruney? Are you copying and pasting or is this what you are writing?
    Are you a moderator at DCUK?
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Wed Sep 02 2015, 22:30

Mrs Vimes wrote:Not actually sure what you are getting at a Baruney? Are you copying and pasting or is this what you are writing?
    Are you a moderator at DCUK?

Yes I am an undercover spy from the flog. please expose me and let me live a guilt free life. Nope your original question was how do you j=know you've been banned - which is why I asked notisnormal to send you the picture of how do you know you've been banned that I sent him as in Cockney Land at present.
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Wed Sep 02 2015, 23:03

Giving it 5 mins now due to a PM response. run
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Wed Sep 02 2015, 23:31

There we go - point proven - banned to the 8th September. Thanks catherinemylovely. Anon.

Ed
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Thu Sep 03 2015, 08:00

I hope it wasn't for derailing a thread by wishing me a speedy recovery. Smile
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Thu Sep 03 2015, 09:34

zand wrote:I hope it wasn't for derailing a thread by wishing me a speedy recovery.  Smile

Nope it was @mrsvimes fault for asking the question how do you know you've been banned from the flog. Well if you look me up on the flog you will now see a big red line through my avatar with the word BANNED underneath. I'll get a screenshot from work later as IT have obvs blocked my home office and mobile IP.

So @mrsvimes - does that answer you question now?
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Thu Sep 03 2015, 09:39

lol I don't think Mrs Vimes asked you to give her a demonstration of how to get banned.  Rolling Eyes   You did demonstrate how to get banned and how you know when you have been banned perfectly though.  rofl

So the ban was for the PM type info you posted on here?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 08:11