THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+5
Indy51
Jan1
mo1905
Eddie
AliB
9 posters

Oh. My. Word......potato, potato, potato.....

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Oh. My. Word......potato, potato, potato..... - Page 3 Empty Re: Oh. My. Word......potato, potato, potato.....

Post by Eddie Mon Mar 16 2015, 14:54

Ali on Friday on a post you said this. "Funny thing is, I came across a reference some time ago, didn't unfortunately make a note of where, of a situation back in maybe the 20s or 30s where a woman was cured of diabetes by putting her on a very high sugar diet.  Wish I could find out more about that."

Is the above link to Ray Peat talking about curing diabetes with a high sugar diet. I had a very quick look at the Ray Peat post and will spend time on it later.

You said "I'm sure this one might end up being ridiculed too" I don't think anyone here is ridiculing you, maybe a bit of friendly banter. The thing is Ali some of your ideas and methods don't add to me and others I suspect. It does not mean you are right or wrong. I think If someone makes some very controversial comments, they have to expect some comments that disagree.

For example, look at what those miscreants Zand and Rod are saying about me here today, on other threads, a right bloody liberty for sure.  Laughing
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Oh. My. Word......potato, potato, potato..... - Page 3 Empty Re: Oh. My. Word......potato, potato, potato.....

Post by zand Mon Mar 16 2015, 15:23

Ali I am impressed with how you are working to find the answer for you. I am very lucky that all I had to do was get my heart, BG's and weight sorted. I am still working on the weight. Keep searching, you will get there, you have achieved so much already.

I just wanted to give you some encouragement, but I don't know how much encouragement is worth when it comes from a miscreant like me. clown jimlad

Gotta go now before Eddie catches me. Wink
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Mar 16 2015, 16:31

AliB wrote:I'm sure this one might end up being ridiculed too, but there is a lot in there that makes sense to me.

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/glucose-sucrose-diabetes.shtml

No ridicule Ali. I'm always happy when someone finds what works for them. All I ask is that you keep us updated on your progress. Remember, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter :-)
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Mon Mar 16 2015, 16:34

Even if don't agree with a certain theory at times doesn't mean I'm not interested in hearing it-in fact I always follow your posts with interest @AliB and certainly would never ridicule you. Smile
    AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Post by AliB Mon Mar 16 2015, 23:17

Ok.  Here's another one.  It is about RS but the info is interesting.

http://biohacksblog.com/biohacking-gut-health-ketogenic-diet/

I am sure I added the link originally. Where did it go?  How odd. Anywhoo it's there now, or it should be.....

Last edited by AliB on Tue Mar 17 2015, 11:29; edited 2 times in total
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Mar 16 2015, 23:31

AliB wrote:Ok.  Here's another one.  It is about RS but the info is interesting.

Resistant Starch ?
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Tue Mar 17 2015, 00:21

AliB wrote:Ok.  Here's another one.  It is about RS but the info is interesting.

Hi Ali ........ couldn't see your link - can you post it up please.

Thanks

All the best Jan
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Post by Indy51 Tue Mar 17 2015, 01:22

I'm sorry if you feel I was ridiculing you, that certainly wasn't my intent Sad

At any event, I'll bow out of this conversation as I did all the reading I wanted to do on resistant starch some time ago and my own experiments with it were less than stellar.

Since researchers have barely scratched the surface of what the microbiome does to our bodies and certainly aren't in a position to tell people what they should or shouldn't be eating or even what an optimal microbiome profile consists of, I'll stick with the sources I already trust on the subject.

Good luck with your continued health quest.
    horfilmania
    horfilmania

Female Posts : 68

Post by horfilmania Tue Mar 17 2015, 03:44

Ali, I think that experimentation is ok but you need to give it at least 30 days to effectively see if it's working for you and you need to do one experiment at a time. That's what I do. Right now I'm 15 days into eliminating all foods with salicylates to see if they are impacting adversely on my health.

If you need to do a resistant starch or increased glucose/sucrose experiment then do it for a length of time that will allow you to see if it really does help you or makes things worse. If it works then great, if not then move on.

However, it seems to me that you are trying to find links to sites that will enable you to continue eating starchy, sugary foods because you want to continue eating them. I hope that this is not the case.
    AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Post by AliB Tue Mar 17 2015, 11:24

I haven't eaten sugary or starchy foods for well over 7 years Horf.  In fact for the three years I was on Bee's diet I was eating 20g carbs per day max.

But I have done low-carb, I have tried fasting, I have done low-calorie, green smoothies, etc., and now
    I am trying potato.

I don't intend it being a licence to eat flapjack, but I just got so sick of nothing working to improve the insulin resistance.

The answer has to be out there somewhere.

Other people get results on different protocols, why not me?  

But then maybe they don't have worms....

At least having the potato has calmed them down and I am sleeping better.  It's worth it for that, if nothing else.

PS. Some of you will be pleased to know I've made an appointment with the Diabetic Nurse to discuss my 'case' and options...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 00:31