THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+3
AliB
Paul1976
Eddie
7 posters

DCUK forum troll and shill gets owned by low carb member!

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

DCUK forum troll and shill gets owned by low carb member! Empty DCUK forum troll and shill gets owned by low carb member!

Post by Eddie Sun Jan 18 2015, 09:31

"That's exactly my point.
    I don't post to get approval from others.
    I post to show others what works for me.
    Just me, and how I live doesn't need your approval.
    I'm happy as I am, and that's what works for me.
    I don't need you to be happy for me.
    If you need others to approve how you eat, and find them, that's fine as well.
    It's down to whatever works." douglas99 post #140

"I don't need others approval either, but I admit that it's not a bad feeling when 4 of my friends who have noticed my drastic physical improvement asked how I did it and are now trying the Diet Doctor's LCHF diet at my suggestion. Two of them aren't even over weight. I suspect a few more may also try it too. I apologize if it makes you jealous or annoyed or whatever when I post how ridiculously successful and easy my LCHF diet has been, but, like you, I figure the more I post about it, the more new people on this forum may want to try it as well. I may even start a "blog" about it on this forum. Feel free to criticize my posts, but try not to be too trolly (is that a word?) - i.e. deliberately misconstrue what I've written. If people want to follow your example and try the Newcastle diet so they can keep eating processed junk food and stay on metformin and other meds, then that's ok with me. Personally, I don't call that "working", but as long as you're happy, that's all that matters and I approve and I'm truly happy for you from the bottom of my heart. I even find it entertaining when you post about the terrible junk food you eat. Please keep that up. I'd never heard of "After Eight" ice cream. Is that a real thing? Amazing! I should peruse the ice cream section more often when I shop. Anyway, I'm off to the gym now to do a little running and weight lifting. Ta ta!" NoCarb4Me #260

For a long time doulglas99 has antagonised low carbing members at every opportunity. He does not need to low carb he bellows morning noon and night, my diet works for me he says. His diet he tells us includes Pot Noodles, pies, chips, After Eight chocolate ice cream, pizza, rice and beer. We know this works for duggie, unless he his lying, because he tells us ad nauseam. The problem is, this diet probably only works for him. I know hundreds of non insulin using type two diabetics and can assure you, that sort of diet would have their BG numbers in the danger zone most of the time, but not duggie. He reports that sort of food is not a problem and in no time at all after eating the aforementioned, 4's and 5's are on his BG meter.

OK, let's take a trip into a land of fantasy and accept duggie can hold non diabetic numbers on a diet of junk, why does he have to deliberately antagonise and wind up the low carb members at every opportunity? He clearly takes great pleasure in annoying people. And, perhaps far more importantly, why do the mods Anna and catherincherub, ban, delete and edit members posts who rise to duggies bait, but leave duggies posts to stand? Why is duggie their obvious calender boy?

The management at DCUK have made no secret of the fact, they want to tie in with big pharma, as the low carb team have proved in the recent past. The low carb good news has been deafening on the forum for years, and the last thing big pharma want, is every diabetic going low carb. Diabetics who low carb often talk of a drastic reduction in medication when low carbing, with some type two's requiring no diabetes medication at all. Could it be we have seen so much skulduggery and duplicity from certain DCUK mods over the years, because they are acting on orders from the management? because it suits their long term financial interests? Let's face it, the forum of flog is exactly that, it was created to make money, and there is very little money to be made from junk food and big pharma from low carbers.

Above quotes from DCUK members taken from here http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/now-the-x-pert-advice-is-low-carb-high-fat.70271/page-13
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

DCUK forum troll and shill gets owned by low carb member! Empty Re: DCUK forum troll and shill gets owned by low carb member!

Post by mo1905 Sun Jan 18 2015, 09:53

DCUK go from bad to worse. I'm still amazed how they get away with it. Posts edited/deleted by power hungry bitter mods without consultation or explanation. Only recently there was a spate of editing/deleting yet Douggies taunting post was allowed to stand !

"Sorry, just been eating an 'After Eight' ice cream, so missed that. Smile
    It was good."

I was quite amused to notice how negative and argumentative he was ( others too ) posting repeated absurd arguments against Trudi and her advice but after she introduced herself, Douggie and others crawled back under their stones, hopefully realising how ignorant and foolish they made themselves appear. They were all full of reasons why her advice was terrible and why it couldn't work but never had the nuts or the knowledge to face her when the chance arose. Priceless !

Eddie
    Eddie

DCUK forum troll and shill gets owned by low carb member! Empty Re: DCUK forum troll and shill gets owned by low carb member!

Post by Eddie Sun Jan 18 2015, 10:03

mo1905 wrote:DCUK go from bad to worse. I'm still amazed how they get away with it. Posts edited/deleted by power hungry bitter mods without consultation or explanation. Only recently there was a spate of editing/deleting yet Douggies taunting post was allowed to stand !

"Sorry, just been eating an 'After Eight' ice cream, so missed that. Smile
    It was good."

I was quite amused to notice how negative and argumentative he was ( others too ) posting repeated absurd arguments against Trudi and her advice but after she introduced herself, Douggie and others crawled back under their stones, hopefully realising how ignorant and foolish they made themselves appear. They were all full of reasons why her advice was terrible and why it couldn't work but never had the nuts or the knowledge to face her when the chance arose. Priceless !

The antis could have come over here and debated the issues, but without their back up corrupt mods, they would have been trounced, they know it. On a level playing field they have never ever won one argument. Over the years countless low carbers banned, thread locked and posts deleted or edited. Over the last few days the dishonesty has been plain for all to see. Will they take on Trudi? interesting times ahead. Will they dare ban, thread lock or delete her posts?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Jan 18 2015, 12:21

eddie1 wrote:

Will they take on Trudi? interesting times ahead. Will they dare ban, thread lock or delete her posts?

If they go as far as that then I bet you'd be tempted to do another podcast with Jimmy like the last one that saw off Cugila from the flog forever.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Jan 18 2015, 16:10

Paul wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:

Will they take on Trudi? interesting times ahead. Will they dare ban, thread lock or delete her posts?

If they go as far as that then I bet you'd be tempted to do another podcast with Jimmy like the last one that saw off Cugila from the flog forever.

The antis are toast at the flog, Trudi could eat them for breakfast. Have you seen this.

Previously well controlled diabetic tries Duggies junk food diet !

DCUK forum troll and shill gets owned by low carb member! Proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-R4SyKw97ArQ%2FVLuyXV63UCI%2FAAAAAAAAInY%2FqTD3QTERjck%2Fs1600%2Fthrowing%252Bup
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Jan 18 2015, 19:19

That's the easiest game of "Where's Wally" I've ever played Eddie :-)
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sun Jan 18 2015, 19:26

mo1905 wrote:That's the easiest game of "Where's Wally" I've ever played Eddie :-)

Lol
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Jan 18 2015, 19:29

I found wally first!!! lol I spotted him earlier today posting bollocks on the low carb diabetic blog under the name of Douglas99 although 'Wally' is being too polite for this breed of troll!
    AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Post by AliB Mon Jan 19 2015, 20:34

I don't actually like to get involved in 'politics' and avoid DUK like the plague, but has it occurred to you that the vehemently opposed anti low carbers might actually be employed by Big 'Farmer' to see off the competition?
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Jan 19 2015, 20:38

AliB wrote:I don't actually like to get involved in 'politics' and avoid DUK like the plague, but has it occurred to you that the vehemently opposed anti low carbers might actually be employed by Big 'Farmer' to see off the competition?

It certainly wouldn't surprise me ! Why else would they argue against so much fact based evidence ? They pick holes and criticise but offer no viable alternative other than "we're all different" ! However, we're NOT all that different ( sorry Andy ), we all have diabetes and this causes our BG levels to rise after we eat carbs. Nobody is different to this, nobody ever saw BG levels drop after eating carbs.

Last edited by mo1905 on Mon Jan 19 2015, 20:53; edited 1 time in total
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Mon Jan 19 2015, 20:43

Lol

....we are all different
    Two Collies
    Two Collies

Male Posts : 133

Post by Two Collies Mon Jan 19 2015, 20:47

mo1905 wrote: Nobody is different to this, nobody ever saw BG levels drop after eating carbs.
    Cue the Douglas99 Quote:
    "I ate a crate of "After Eight" Ice creams and promptly hypo'ed Laughing Twisted Evil
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Jan 19 2015, 20:52

Two Collies wrote:
    mo1905 wrote: Nobody is different to this, nobody ever saw BG levels drop after eating carbs.
    Cue the Douglas99 Quote:
    "I ate a crate of "After Eight" Ice creams and promptly hypo'ed Laughing Twisted Evil

You have to have diabetes for my comment to work lol ! Dougie is a wannabe !
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Jan 19 2015, 20:54

Two Collies wrote:
    Cue the Douglas99 Quote:

Crazy enough to be true I reckon Fergie! affraid Anyone who remembers Gezza at the flog or Shane who posted that eating lots of carbs were the only thing that gave them normal BG's,Hypo's on diet and met only etc wouldn't be surprised anymore by such dross. facepalm freakout
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Mon Jan 19 2015, 22:24

Has anyone seen who the new mod at DCUK is wtf

The mods are supposed to be impartial and yet we now we have three of kenny's mates running the show🤦
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Jan 19 2015, 22:49

graham64 wrote:Has anyone seen who the new mod at DCUK is wtf

The mods are supposed to be impartial and yet we now we have three of kenny's mates running the show🤦

Nobblyhead new DCUK mod affraid How desperate the flog has become, how long before they bring Kenny boy back?
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Jan 19 2015, 23:19

We're doomed !
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Jan 19 2015, 23:20

Everything in MODeration.....
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Jan 19 2015, 23:49

Holy Sh*t!! Just checked over there and it's really true!!! Aaaaaaarrrrrgggghhh!!! affraid affraid freakout freakout freakout #Neveratruerwordsaidinjest
    Sid as Administrator next? #Eddiewarnedusofthis
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Jan 20 2015, 10:48

AliB wrote:I don't actually like to get involved in 'politics' and avoid DUK like the plague, but has it occurred to you that the vehemently opposed anti low carbers might actually be employed by Big 'Farmer' to see off the competition?

That's a good point Ali, I have read in the past that sort of thing goes on at the big forums in the US. DCUK appears to be big but I have seen forums in the US that have up to five thousand members logged in at any one time. I have often wondered if Phoenix is a shill for big pharma with her long time campaign of pushing a high carb high meds diet at type two diabetics. The DCUK management have made no secret of the fact they would like to tie in with big pharma, hence I believe so many low carb anti mods over the years. The DCUK forum has been swamped with low carb high fat good news over the last few days, and what do we see, Noblehead one of the most anti low carb high fat members of all time made up to a mod.

Is this just a coincidence? I don't think so. Clearly a forum totally dominated with pretty much the only method that works, i.e. a low carb high fat diet, requiring less or no diabetic meds will be of no interest to big pharma. As for paid shills, I don't believe big pharma has become that desperate to employ the likes of Noblehead, the Cherub and Anna. What I find so amusing, is the fact that the low carb anti mods, work so hard to make other people money for free. Helping fellow diabetics is clearly not their motivation. Maybe it's an ego trip, who knows, but one thing is undeniable, low carb works and has been reported to be the only method that works, by the vast majority of the DCUK members for years. While in all that time the antis have never put forward an alternative that works. A high carb diet covered with ever more meds has proved to be a complete disaster for the majority of diabetics. The NHS stats prove this beyond any doubt year after year.
    AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Post by AliB Tue Jan 20 2015, 12:00

I had the same problem on a very prominent Celiac forum I used to frequent a few years back. I started a thread on the Specific Carb Diet, a low carb all natural real home-made food healing diet proved to be very healing for those with digestive issues, and was very beneficial for those of us on the thread who were following it, but I was jumped on by the mods if I dared to mention it off the thread.

In the end I was 'imprisoned' in the thread.

The site sells heaps of high carb gluten free garbage.

Say no more....
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Jan 20 2015, 17:29

Has Douggie finally admitted he's not diabetic ? He just wants to stay on the register for monitoring purposes ! This extract from the Newcastle Diet thread:

"I did this using the Tesco own brand shakes, not for the full 8 weeks, as I had a target weight I wanted to get down to, and have previously shifted a lot of weight in the last year.
    Like you, I decided to use the published method, for the same reasons I guess.
    It seemed to go well, although we have (Myself and my HCP's) kept me on 1 x 500mg Metformin, to be reviewed in a couple of weeks.
    I'm probably in favour of staying on it, and staying on the diabetic register though, as I maintain the benefits of being monitored reguarly, and if I do slip back I will find out very quickly."

Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Jan 21 2015, 12:04

The guy is demented living in a fantasy world. Sounds like ideal DCUK mod material to me. The only good mod left is Ian who is now outnumbered 3 to 1 by the low carb high fat antis. Anyone seen Sid lately?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 07:51