THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
Jan1
Douglas V
6 posters

Thoughts on foot fungus

Douglas V

Thoughts on foot fungus Empty Thoughts on foot fungus

Post by Douglas V Fri Jan 16 2015, 10:13

Here in Denmark where I am living there are two inexpensve, over the counter, anti-fungus drugs, and as far as I can tell they both work fine. There's Brentan (miconazolnitrat) for skin fungus and Laminsil (terbinafinhydrochlorid) for toe nail fungus.
    Both have worked for me, but the toe nail fungus was the more difficult to cure. On the 2nd try it worked, but I had to change my method. I learned that alcohol kills nail fungus so I used a syringe to squirt alcohol under the toe nails first, and then afterwards pushed the Lamisil ointment up under the toe nail with the blunt end of a tooth pick and then smeared some more on the outside of the nail. This cured the infection quickly.
    It's important to keep your feet dry. After showering I take care to dry between and under the toes and then wait awhile before putting on my socks so that the feet will be dry.
    I found some talcum powder with an anti-fungus drug and sprinkle this into my clean socks before putting them on.
    No signs of the fungus returning. I agree that a high blood glucose level encourages the fungus.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Thoughts on foot fungus Empty Re: Thoughts on foot fungus

Post by Jan1 Fri Jan 16 2015, 13:17

Douglas V wrote:  Here in Denmark where I am living there are two inexpensve, over the counter, anti-fungus drugs, and as far as I can tell they both work fine. There's Brentan (miconazolnitrat) for skin fungus and Laminsil (terbinafinhydrochlorid) for toe nail fungus.
    Both have worked for me, but the toe nail fungus was the more difficult to cure. On the 2nd try it worked, but I had to change my method. I learned that alcohol kills nail fungus so I used a syringe to squirt alcohol under the toe nails first, and then afterwards pushed the Lamisil ointment up under the toe nail with the blunt end of a tooth pick and then smeared some more on the outside of the nail. This cured the infection quickly.
    It's important to keep your feet dry. After showering I take care to dry between and under the toes and then wait awhile before putting on my socks so that the feet will be dry.
    I found some talcum powder with an anti-fungus drug and sprinkle this into my clean socks before putting them on.
    No signs of the fungus returning. I agree that a high blood glucose level encourages the fungus.

Thanks for your tips Douglas, all make good sense.

(..hope your tongue is continuing to heal ok..)

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jan 17 2015, 17:43

......not meaning to be pernickety but just a thought. I was looking at recipes this morning and this 'Thought on Foot Fungus' is in the food and recipe section.

Would it be ok with Douglas if Paul could move it to say the 'General Discussion' forum/thread section ......
    think people may spot it more there.

What do you think ? Thanks for your consideration Smile

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sat Jan 17 2015, 17:49

Hi Jan!

I've now moved it to the 'Medical problems' forum which is more appropriate location for the topic. Wink

Cheers

Paul
    yoly
    yoly

Post by yoly Sun Jan 18 2015, 11:39

Something you can try is vinegar. Is inexpensive and is available. There are other home remedies that work for some.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Jan 18 2015, 15:30

Thanks for the tip ....

Must admit over the years a friend introduced me to the many benefits tea tree oil can give. It smells good too.

In spite of many expensive creams / fluids etc the more natural 'stuff' can also bring healing and restoration.

All the best Jan
    Sarah

Post by Sarah Mon Jan 19 2015, 20:41

I used to have problems with finger nails as well as toe nails pre diagnosis. However finger nails are fine now and only big toe nails show a little sign of fungal infection at tip, but new growth looks fine. Lack of sugar/carbs I assume.

Last edited by Sarah on Mon Jan 19 2015, 20:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
    horfilmania
    horfilmania

Female Posts : 68

Post by horfilmania Tue Jan 20 2015, 03:08

This has been my experience. I never wear closed in shoes in the summer (just sandals) and even though I need to wear winter boots in the winter once I get inside the house I switch to sandals or bare feet so my feet are always exposed to air. I have never had nail or foot fungus and I'm 65 years old.

Of course, I'm just a person that can't stand anything on my feet including hose or socks or shoes so I'm barefoot whenever possible.

In combination to barefoot therapy is not eating sugar or starch which feeds fungus and other nastiness.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 05:52