THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Stress can trigger diabetes, depression and other autoimmune diseases

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Stress can trigger diabetes, depression and other autoimmune diseases Empty Stress can trigger diabetes, depression and other autoimmune diseases

Post by graham64 Fri Jan 02 2015, 22:34

The recurring situation can trigger insulin resistance, hypertension, abdominal fat deposition; glucose elevation is the cause of this illness.

Stress is an ability of humans to fight or flee when faced with problems affecting the individual. By changes in the organism, adaptation to various physical conditions is achieved: burns, bruises, bleeding or psychosocial traumas.

Is the route by which the body tries to solve a problem, but when the situation becomes recurrent, stress can trigger diseases such as diabetes, depression, insulin resistance, hypertension, abdominal fat deposition and other autoimmune diseases, said Siegfried Miracle Lopez, chief of endocrinology at the Advanced Immunology Center in Hospital Angeles Lomas.

Read more here http://www.news-medical.net/news/20150102/Stress-can-trigger-diabetes-depression-and-other-autoimmune-diseases.aspx

I reckon stress and depression was the big factor behind my diagnosis, plus there is a possibility of a link between antidepressant use and diabetes,
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Stress can trigger diabetes, depression and other autoimmune diseases Empty Re: Stress can trigger diabetes, depression and other autoimmune diseases

Post by Jan1 Sat Jan 03 2015, 12:24

So often you hear of people going to see their Dr. and come out with a diagnosis of 'it's stress related'.

Many think it's the Dr. taking the easy way out - or they don't know but they have given the illness a label.

It is often said that more and more in our modern day life we are under stress. Has this stress changed from 20, 40, 60 years plus and more ago? Well in many ways I think it has, but it is not necessarily just one thing that has affected our bodies and how we live. As well as stress from life, death, illness, moving home etc. job security isn't there, our foods and what we eat have changed (having adverse affects on our bodies), women now go to work and have to juggle lives far more than they did before, men have had to adjust to this change too and some have not found their new role easy, more children have become latch key children. We each have to do and decide what is best for us in this ever changing world, and my few words here do not even scratch the surface.

I believe there is more to stress than we first think.

Should we all try to take more time out to relax and enjoy our life instead of forever chasing our tails ?

Just a few thoughts .........

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Stress can trigger diabetes, depression and other autoimmune diseases Empty Re: Stress can trigger diabetes, depression and other autoimmune diseases

Post by mo1905 Sat Jan 03 2015, 21:08

I think docs are sometimes too quick to pull out the old "stress card" if they're struggling to give a proper diagnosis. Same with diabetes, whenever I see a doc now about absolutely anything, it's suddenly diabetes related !
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sun Jan 04 2015, 11:26

mo1905 wrote:I think docs are sometimes too quick to pull out the old "stress card" if they're struggling to give a proper diagnosis. Same with diabetes, whenever I see a doc now about absolutely anything, it's suddenly diabetes related !

Yes, I have heard other diabetics say the same. Perhaps it would help our stress levels if we did all try to take more time out to relax and enjoy our life instead of forever chasing our tails ? Having said that, there are some things we do not have control over.

Anyway, I hope to have a fairly stress-less day today.

All the best Jan
    cold ethyl

Post by cold ethyl Sun Jan 04 2015, 21:36

I attribute my slip into diabetes in part to ongoing anxiety issues. I have always struggled with my weight and never lost my pregnancy gain in part due to post natal OCD. I sort of hovered at 12st for 15 years then my son developed a severe anxiety disorder that impacted on the whole family . I gained 4st self medicating my own anxiety issues and became diabetic. I may always have ended up here, but I'm sure anxiety played a major part, not only triggering obesity but mucking my system up with all the excess stress hormones.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 12:11