THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
mo1905
Eddie
6 posters

We are making a big difference keep up your great work

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

We are making a big difference keep up your great work Empty We are making a big difference keep up your great work

Post by Eddie Sun Nov 30 2014, 11:23

When you are part of a small forum, or a team member of a blog, it can be difficult to assess what progress you are making. A thread or post or blog article may receive no comments, a forum may be slow in attracting new members, does this mean we are failing? I don’t think so. We are here to spread the low carb message, we want others to control their diabetes safely and have the best possible long term health. That is our primary objective and we are winning.

Our forum has received many thousands of views, the first page of the general discussion forum has received over 12800 views. People are reading our posts and when people read posts, they usually learn something to their advantage. It may be a link to a new study, a good news story, or even a simple recipe idea that will set someone on the road to the low carb high fat lifestyle, a lifestyle that will improve their diabetes control way beyond what they ever thought possible and on minimal or no medication. Our posts change peoples lives, this came in via email yesterday to the low carb diabetic website.

"Like the subject line says I just wanted to say a BIG thank you.

Due to factors I won’t go into, I have been fighting a weightloss battle for pretty much most of my life. I am probably still classified as morbidly obese; even though I have lost 70 pounds. I am also a type 2 diabetic and have PCOS and more than likely am insulin resistant. Over the years I have tried many diets and have come to the suspicion that it’s not so much how much I eat .... the quantity has reduced to 1500 cals a day, but more to do with what I chose to spend my calories on.

I became frustrated with my medical practitioners who constantly explained (very slowly so I could understand them) that losing weight was simply about calories in vs calories out. I workout with my trainer 4 times a week and have done so solidly for the past 5 months. I have stuck to between 1500-2000 cals a day and lost the grand total of just 8 pounds. I followed the gov. guidelines relating to % of carbs, proteins and fats. I ate my 5 a day religiously. I do understand that my fat/muscle ratio has changed in a positive way since beginning this new workout regime and that can account for a slower weightloss, but at my size I did expect to see lower numbers on the scales.

Last Monday I embarked on a Low Carb, High Fat diet. I have stuck to 30g net carbs a day with around 125g protein and 153g fats. I’m struggling with drinking the 6 to 8 glasses of water a day but will get there I’m sure. I have lost 3 pounds in my first week, I feel more energised than I have in a long time.

If I had continued to listen to my doctors I would still be gaining weight, not losing it.

Finding your website was like a breath of fresh air. I had been doing a lot of research this week (I don’t go into things blindly) and became worried about the ketoacidosis problems brought up on the diabetes website.
    Thanks for clearing up one of my concerns about ketoacidosis. I have a diabetic review in the new year and I want to go well armed with this new understanding as I am sure my stats will be very different from those of my last visit.

Keep up the good work. I have bookmarked your website as I’m sure I will be a frequent visitor."
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

We are making a big difference keep up your great work Empty Re: We are making a big difference keep up your great work

Post by mo1905 Sun Nov 30 2014, 12:53

Nice post Eddie. It's easy to look at a thread and see very little replies and assume it was a waste of time. However, as you rightly point out, it may have been read 100's of times. As we all know, most forums have more "lurkers" than "posters" so please keep pushing the message and if we change 1 persons life around, what a result !
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

We are making a big difference keep up your great work Empty Re: We are making a big difference keep up your great work

Post by Jan1 Sun Nov 30 2014, 13:08

mo1905 wrote:Nice post Eddie. It's easy to look at a thread and see very little replies and assume it was a waste of time. However, as you rightly point out, it may have been read 100's of times. As we all know, most forums have more "lurkers" than "posters" so please keep pushing the message and if we change 1 persons life around, what a result !

Hear Hear .......couldn't agree more sunny

All the best Jan
    Missy1
    Missy1
    Troll

Female Posts : 30

Post by Missy1 Sun Nov 30 2014, 18:01

eddie1 wrote:Our forum has received many thousands of views, the first page of the general discussion forum has received over 12800 views.

WOW that calls for a celebration so cork open a bottle of that bargain booze Rioja Eddie drunken . Because with kind of traffic your be giving Facebook and the likes a run for it money in a millennium or two.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sun Nov 30 2014, 18:04

Missy, what have you ever done ? Where is your forum ? Who listens to you ? It's easy to join a forum under an alias and make snide comments, very heroic. You must feel very proud of yourself. I'll ask one more time before you are asked to leave, what is your reason for joining this forum ?
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Nov 30 2014, 18:09

Missy1 wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:Our forum has received many thousands of views, the first page of the general discussion forum has received over 12800 views.

WOW that calls for a celebration so cork open a bottle of that bargain booze Rioja Eddie drunken . Because with kind of traffic your be giving Facebook and the likes a run for it money in a millennium or two.

Missy you are growing on me. Say what you like about this forum, but one thing cannot be denied, you can't keep away can you. I can play the likes of you like a violin.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Nov 30 2014, 18:18

Missy1=A failed low carber who has fallen off the wagon big time like Carbsane and is bitter about our success OR a washed up and burnt out NHS dietitian who won't let the past dogma go and move on with the times.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Nov 30 2014, 18:35

Paul wrote:Missy1=A failed low carber who has fallen off the wagon big time like Carbsane and is bitter about our success OR a washed up and burnt out NHS dietitian who won't let the past dogma go and move on with the times.

Careful there Paul, don't give the game away, lot more mileage with this one methinks.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Nov 30 2014, 21:49

eddie1 wrote:When you are part of a small forum, or a team member of a blog, it can be difficult to assess what progress you are making. A thread or post or blog article may receive no comments, a forum may be slow in attracting new members, does this mean we are failing? I don’t think so. We are here to spread the low carb message, we want others to control their diabetes safely and have the best possible long term health. That is our primary objective and we are winning.

Our forum has received many thousands of views, the first page of the general discussion forum has received over 12800 views. People are reading our posts and when people read posts, they usually learn something to their advantage. It may be a link to a new study, a good news story, or even a simple recipe idea that will set someone on the road to the low carb high fat lifestyle, a lifestyle that will improve their diabetes control way beyond what they ever thought possible and on minimal or no medication. Our posts change peoples lives, this came in via email yesterday to the low carb diabetic website.

"Like the subject line says I just wanted to say a BIG thank you.

Due to factors I won’t go into, I have been fighting a weightloss battle for pretty much most of my life. I am probably still classified as morbidly obese; even though I have lost 70 pounds. I am also a type 2 diabetic and have PCOS and more than likely am insulin resistant. Over the years I have tried many diets and have come to the suspicion that it’s not so much how much I eat .... the quantity has reduced to 1500 cals a day, but more to do with what I chose to spend my calories on.

I became frustrated with my medical practitioners who constantly explained (very slowly so I could understand them) that losing weight was simply about calories in vs calories out. I workout with my trainer 4 times a week and have done so solidly for the past 5 months. I have stuck to between 1500-2000 cals a day and lost the grand total of just 8 pounds. I followed the gov. guidelines relating to % of carbs, proteins and fats. I ate my 5 a day religiously. I do understand that my fat/muscle ratio has changed in a positive way since beginning this new workout regime and that can account for a slower weightloss, but at my size I did expect to see lower numbers on the scales.

Last Monday I embarked on a Low Carb, High Fat diet. I have stuck to 30g net carbs a day with around 125g protein and 153g fats. I’m struggling with drinking the 6 to 8 glasses of water a day but will get there I’m sure. I have lost 3 pounds in my first week, I feel more energised than I have in a long time.

If I had continued to listen to my doctors I would still be gaining weight, not losing it.

Finding your website was like a breath of fresh air. I had been doing a lot of research this week (I don’t go into things blindly) and became worried about the ketoacidosis problems brought up on the diabetes website.
    Thanks for clearing up one of my concerns about ketoacidosis. I have a diabetic review in the new year and I want to go well armed with this new understanding as I am sure my stats will be very different from those of my last visit.

Keep up the good work. I have bookmarked your website as I’m sure I will be a frequent visitor."

No apologies for a quick 'bump' of this post.

It is so important to keep helping, keep posting.

People you may never get to meet - but whose life YOU could make a huge difference to sunny

All the best Jan
    horfilmania
    horfilmania

Female Posts : 68

Post by horfilmania Mon Dec 01 2014, 16:43

Missy also is spelling and grammar challenged.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Mon Dec 01 2014, 16:47

horfilmania wrote:Missy also is spelling and grammar challenged.

Indeed...At times it appeared that Missy's posts were those of a SpamBot!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Dec 01 2014, 18:22

@Horf ..... Hi and great to see you posting here, thanks. The November figures on your blog were fantastic. Low carb or even lower carb (5 per day) as you are doing clearly works.

We just all need to keep spreading the word, our experiences, each and every day. Very Happy

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 04:59