THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Global warming fact or another money making great myth?

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Global warming fact or another money making great myth?  Empty Global warming fact or another money making great myth?

Post by Eddie Thu Jul 21 2016, 09:39

Global warming fact or another money making great myth?  Global%2Bwarming

More on this story here  http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-20/global-warming-expedition-stopped-its-tracks-arctic-sea-ice
    Derek
    Derek

Global warming fact or another money making great myth?  Empty Re: Global warming fact or another money making great myth?

Post by Derek Thu Jul 21 2016, 10:37

Not you Eddie, I didn't realise you were a supporter of big oil and fundamentalist Yanks! Smile Smile
    Eddie
    Eddie

Global warming fact or another money making great myth?  Empty Re: Global warming fact or another money making great myth?

Post by Eddie Thu Jul 21 2016, 11:15

Derek wrote:Not you Eddie, I didn't realise you were a supporter of big oil and fundamentalist Yanks! Smile Smile

Yes I am a supporter of big oil (I'll be using a lot of their product over the next few days) but more accurately, I am a supporter of true capitalism. So often these days we see phoney capitalism. The Banks being a good example. As for fundamentalist Yanks, could you expand on that statement? Thank you. Very Happy
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Fri Jul 22 2016, 13:47

Hi Eddie,
    My BT hub went down in the storm and I am having to use the public library computer.

Fundamentalist Yanks believe the world was created 6,000 years ago in six literal days and greenhouses gases are a conspiracy, however, if we exploit this planet it doesn't matter, God's got a replacement waiting for us.

I'm a Christian but they are not my views.

I have no doubt we are changing the planet and its climate and a minor change in sea temperature to the north and west of Scotland has caused sea bird colonies to crash. It is just up by 1 deg C.
    I have debated this subject at length with Yanks and others.
    atb
    Derek
    Wobblycogs
    Wobblycogs

Male Posts : 98

Post by Wobblycogs Fri Jul 22 2016, 22:54

Ahh! But is this true Eddie; all that ice?  It can't be true.  250 scientists say the climate is warming and the ice is melting! rofl
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sat Jul 23 2016, 10:25

Wobblycogs wrote:Ahh! But is this true Eddie; all that ice?  It can't be true.  250 scientists say the climate is warming and the ice is melting! rofl

There are countless scientists who tell us natural fats are killers and carbs are our best friend. It never ceases to amaze me how many scientists are employed to state the blindingly obvious. These days many scientists start with the conclusion and work their way back to make the 'evidence' fit. No doubt we are polluting the world big time, especially the sea's and air. What effect this has on the earths temperature has yet to be proved. I have seen articles telling us, cows are wrecking the planet with all the gas they produce. Did you know a jumbo jet burns on average a gallon of fuel per second, and there are a hell of a lot of planes in the air.

Global warming fact or another money making great myth?  Planes

This screen shot taken today of just large planes, in the air in Europe in live time around 10.15am today.

https://www.flightradar24.com/50.17,8.21/5
    Wobblycogs
    Wobblycogs

Male Posts : 98

Post by Wobblycogs Sat Jul 23 2016, 11:02

I shall have to find a 'smiley' that expresses my sarcasm adequately Eddie! Maybe Rolling Eyes ?
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sat Jul 23 2016, 11:07

Wobblycogs wrote:I shall have to find a 'smiley' that expresses my sarcasm adequately  Eddie! Maybe Rolling Eyes ?

I am sure we are on the same side mate, I am a bit worried about Derek rofl
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Jul 24 2016, 23:49

Well I know for a fact that during my lifetime breeding seasons of birds and flowering seasons of plants have moved forward by up to three weeks, and a whole bunch of southern European insects are now to be found this far north. 

There's definitely something going on, plus more "extreme weather events" of all kinds, which suggests more energy in the system.

The only question is how much this is caused by humans. My thought is to minimise our effect anyway. By the way, cows fart a lot less when they graze than when they are fed grains. Exactly the same happened to me.
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Wed Jul 27 2016, 09:15

Hi Eddie,
    I think the report you quoted was from a source that got its facts twisted.

I heard a report from the boat yesterday and it is en route across the Barents Sea to pass Novaya Zemlya and proceed across the Russian Siberian Artic Ocean before it transits the N.W. Passage north of Alaska and Canada.  

Fact: the  summer sea ice has retreated by c.15%/decade for the last few decades and we shall just have to see what its minimum is in September this year? It may well be ice free enough for the boat to make a complete transit.
    Derek
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Jul 27 2016, 14:31

Ah, the impassable North West Passage, navigated and mapped by Norwegian explorer Roald Amundsen, over a 100 years ago. Maybe there was less ice about in those days Very Happy

The trouble with the global warming theory, is for every boffin that says it's happening, another boffin says it's all bunkum. I often wonder, how many hundreds of thousand of boffins, are employed trotting out agenda driven pseudo science. I suppose it keeps them off unemployment lists.

Since I have heard of global warming, our summers have become non events re. hot weather. Mind you, we have had about four hot days the year. affraid

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 16:54