THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
Eddie
Missy1
6 posters

Its about time to turn on the PM function

Missy1
    Missy1
    Troll

Female Posts : 30

Its about time to turn on the PM function Empty Its about time to turn on the PM function

Post by Missy1 Sat Nov 29 2014, 02:09

I read the arguments about not activating the Private Messaging service on this forum but they are groundless.

Its one of the big turn off on this forum along with hypocrisy that needs to be addressed.

Another thing that needs to be addressed is the SEO of this forum, its diabolically bad and explains why you got hardly any members.

This as a meta tab description is naff:

"Low Carb Diabetic forum : Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer."

It no wonder you have a low google ranking.

A much better meta tab description:

Low carb diabetic forum. Ask questions, share experiences and get support in our forum with people with diabetes their friends and carers.""

Most of the problems are correctable if you drop the stubbornness.

Set the "Minimum posts before sending private messages" to 12 posts to eliminate fly by forum advertising spammers.

More advice coming soon  cheers
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Its about time to turn on the PM function Empty Re: Its about time to turn on the PM function

Post by Eddie Sat Nov 29 2014, 10:05

Thank you for your valuable input Missy, one of the reasons we don't have a PM system is because of people like you. You know the sort of people that work through a proxy server, creeping about in the dead of night trolling around on forums and always hidden when logged in. But keep coming back, clearly your nocturnal activity on this forum is fulfilling some deep need in you.  

Thank you for adding to our post count, the more the merrier, I have heard post count can get a forum up the Google rankings.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Its about time to turn on the PM function Empty Re: Its about time to turn on the PM function

Post by Paul1976 Sat Nov 29 2014, 14:00

Missy1 wrote:

This as a meta tab description is naff:

"Low Carb Diabetic forum : Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer."

Thanks for your feedback,however,we like this description as it is as it does as it says on the tin! Wink Besides,it sure beats this one elsewhere..."Challenging entrenched thinking about nutrition and exposing everyday bull doo doo..." Twisted Evil

I'm guessing you'll be requesting for Moderator permissions next? jimlad
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Nov 29 2014, 14:25

We love a bit of feedback here and any advice offered always welcome. We will not be going down the PM route as you suggest. Why not start your own forum ? You seem to have lots of ideas ! See how you get on :-)
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Nov 29 2014, 14:29

mo1905 wrote:We love a bit of feedback here and any advice offered always welcome. We will not be going down the PM route as you suggest. Why not start your own forum ? You seem to have lots of ideas ! See how you get on :-)

Brilliant idea Mo!! cheers

We could all join it and post under lots of different aliases,at 4 am and via a proxy server and then offer our services to moderate it during "The night shift" Twisted Evil lol!
    Sarah

Post by Sarah Sat Nov 29 2014, 17:06

Sorry - I am being a bit dim I suppose but what is a SEO and why do people need private messaging?
    Sarah

Post by Sarah Sat Nov 29 2014, 17:07

Just noticed my last post time says 3.06 am according to my clock it is 5.06pm in the evening?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Nov 29 2014, 17:11

Sarah wrote:Just noticed my last post time says 3.06 am according to my clock it is 5.06pm in the evening?

Hi Sarah! A while back the forum host providers 'Tweaked' the time settings for all of their forums but the upshot of this update was that members time zones were all over the place and they advised that members adjusted their time settings in their user control panels to the relevant one for their location,however,I can do this for you if you so wish...are you in the UK?

Cheers

Paul
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Nov 29 2014, 17:17

Sarah wrote:Sorry - I am being a bit dim I suppose but what is a SEO and why do people need private messaging?

SEO=Acronym for Search Engine Optimisation...Very important for getting our site high up in the search results on Google,Bing etc

Private messaging? Well,we agree! In our experience these systems cause more trouble then they're worth and if just one member was exploited by the system-It's one too many in our opinion...FAR better to keep things out in the open. Cool
    Sarah

Post by Sarah Sat Nov 29 2014, 17:21

Thanks Paul for explaining acronym. Re. messaging systems, you are right, there are some weirdos out there. Better to be open.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Nov 29 2014, 17:37

Sarah wrote:Thanks Paul for explaining acronym.  Re. messaging systems, you are right, there are some weirdos out there. Better to be open.

Hi Sarah!

I've also adjusted your time settings for you so could you let me know if everything's OK at your end now? Wink

Best regards

Paul
    Sarah

Post by Sarah Sat Nov 29 2014, 18:23

Hi Paul, testing, testing...
    Sarah

Post by Sarah Sat Nov 29 2014, 18:25

Looks as if that has sorted it, thanks Paul! Very Happy
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Nov 29 2014, 18:26

Sarah wrote:Looks as if that has sorted it, thanks Paul! Very Happy

No problem Sarah,happy to help Smile
    Missy1
    Missy1
    Troll

Post by Missy1 Sat Nov 29 2014, 18:49

Your basing your decision Eddie on your Paul and Mo conduct on other forums, that have been less than lauded.

Because you have abused the Private Message facilities on other forums, don't judge people by your behaviour and assume that's going to be the norm.

The benefits of a PM function outweigh any supposed risk.

The DCUK forum cottoned on along time ago that there need to be a social element to forums in order to attract and maintain in there case customers. Private Messaging is a component of that social element.

I've already explain that by setting, the PM function to only become active after a member makes 12 posts and turn on the blocking of abusive words filter. You minimise any risk. These options are on the Admin panel in advance settings.

You should listen to advice, no one saying you have to accept what's being said but at lest be mature enough to listen.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Nov 29 2014, 18:52

Missy1 wrote:Your basing your decision Eddie on your Paul and Mo conduct on other forums, that have been less than lauded.

Because you have abused the Private Message facilities on other forums, don't judge people by your behaviour and assume that's going to be the norm.

The benefits of a PM function outweigh any supposed risk.

The DCUK forum cottoned on along time ago that there need to be a social element to forums in order to attract and maintain in there case customers. Private Messaging is a component of that social element.

I've already explain that by setting, the PM function to only become active after a member makes 12 posts and turn on the blocking of abusive words filter. You minimise any risk. These options are on the Admin panel in advance settings.

You should listen to advice, no one saying you have to accept what's being said but at lest be mature enough to listen.

woot woot jimlad lol! lol!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sat Nov 29 2014, 19:06

"Your basing your decision Eddie on your Paul and Mo conduct on other forums, that have been less than lauded.

The benefits of a PM function outweigh any supposed risk."

Missy making accusations against people, can you prove this? or did someone who knows a bloke down the pub, who heard about this from their mate he used to work with.

I look forward to hearing your ideas for controlling diabetes. You are clearly against us, that's cool with me. For us it's low carb and minimal/nil medication, how do you control your diabetes?

Let's have some positive posts from you rather than rhetoric, self aggrandisement and noise.
    Missy1
    Missy1
    Troll

Post by Missy1 Sat Nov 29 2014, 22:19

eddie1 wrote:
    Let's have some positive posts from you rather than rhetoric, self aggrandisement and noise.

lovely word aggrandisement but using is in fact filling its definition of being self aggrandisement.

Also using such grand words won't hide the fact you got a track record of being a failure.

And I will tell you why, because you lost faith in people and with yourself. You don't accept other people opinions unless its from someone you respect and lets be honest you don't respect anyone.

I've offered you without resorting to insults sound advice on how to improve this forum and you taken it personally.

That why your a failure, because you treat people giving you honest advice as personally insulting, when it not the case.

No need to apologies it goes without saying.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Nov 29 2014, 22:27

I'm sure Eddie will be along later to reply to your latest dross post but in the meanwhile Missy feel free to post on the Carbophile/I'm not Tubolard blog where you'll fit in quite nicely unless you're quite familiar with that crap hole blog already perhaps?? To really fit in there-make sure to post anonymously like 99% of the commenters there and as you're full of shit-you'll get plenty of advice there to get rid of it with the aid of 'Orlistat'...VERY popular and highly recommended over there so I'm told! ')

Ciao

Paul
    Missy1
    Missy1
    Troll

Post by Missy1 Sat Nov 29 2014, 22:38

Paul wrote:I'm sure Eddie will be along later to reply to your latest dross post but in the meanwhile Missy feel free to post on the Carbophile/I'm not Tubolard blog where you'll fit in quite nicely unless you're quite familiar with that crap hole blog already perhaps?? To really fit in there-make sure to post anonymously like 99% of the commenters there and as you're full of shit-you'll get plenty of advice there to get rid of it with the aid of 'Orlistat'...VERY popular and highly recommended over there so I'm told! ')

Ciao

Paul

Why don't you ask me a serious and relevant question; relax Paul I'm here to help Question
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Nov 29 2014, 23:18

Missy, is there a reason why you joined this forum or is it just because you're bored and enjoy winding people up ? I sense your time here may be coming to an end quickly unless you refrain from insulting members here.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sat Nov 29 2014, 23:31

You do seemed to be obsessed with the PM system Missy could it be you have ulterior motives Question
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Nov 29 2014, 23:33

graham64 wrote:You do seemed to be obsessed with the PM system Missy could it be you have ulterior motives Question

Not a Christmas cake recipe surely!! affraid affraid
    Missy1
    Missy1
    Troll

Post by Missy1 Sat Nov 29 2014, 23:47

graham64 wrote:You do seemed to be obsessed with the PM system Missy could it be you have ulterior motives Question

Ulterior motives, it's a ladies prerogative.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sat Nov 29 2014, 23:51

Missy 1 wrote:Ulterior motives, it's a ladies prerogative.

Your a Lady Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 02:57