THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Tomorrow we are having a tramp around Maldon a place we love

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Tomorrow we are having a tramp around Maldon a place we love  Empty Tomorrow we are having a tramp around Maldon a place we love

Post by Eddie Tue Nov 18 2014, 18:40

Something I posted some time ago on the blog.

Maldon a great Town with some fine traditions.

Tomorrow we are having a tramp around Maldon a place we love  Maldon+1

Tomorrow we are having a tramp around Maldon a place we love  Maldon+2

Tomorrow we are having a tramp around Maldon a place we love  Maldon+3

We have been tramping around Maldon this week and the beautiful river Blackwater. A few pics. If you get a chance visit this great little town, go for it. Home of the magestic Thames Barges and the old Tug Brent. This old Tug is number three on the list of must be saved boats in England. A charity has been set up to save this great old boat. Essex often gets negative reports, but in our opinion it is a great County with some fantastic places to visit.

"The town holds an annual "Taxi Day" which sees mentally and physically disabled children from London driven to Maldon in London Black Cabs for a fun day of activities and a meal. The event dates back to 1952 when a London cab driver visited the Elizabeth Fry Special School in Plaistow. He wanted to do something special for the young patients he saw there. He wrote to every one of Essex's seaside towns to arrange an outing and the only town that was willing to help was Maldon, thus Taxi Day has remained a tradition ever since"

Learn more about Maldon here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maldon,_Essex
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Tomorrow we are having a tramp around Maldon a place we love  Empty Re: Tomorrow we are having a tramp around Maldon a place we love

Post by sanguine Tue Nov 18 2014, 19:35

Never been Eddie, but if it's got Thames barges then it's on my list. Don't get to Essex much these days though ...
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Tomorrow we are having a tramp around Maldon a place we love  Empty Re: Tomorrow we are having a tramp around Maldon a place we love

Post by Andy12345 Tue Nov 18 2014, 19:37

i get nose bleed if i cross the thames.....the south will rise again!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Nov 18 2014, 20:09

We are going Souff of the river on Thursday a day out Kew gardens. Will we survive. affraid
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Tue Nov 18 2014, 20:13

never been but the kids have and say its nice Smile i think they have a butterfly house too but i maybe wrong, i love butterfly houses where they land on you, very cool
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Nov 18 2014, 20:16

Andy you are as batshit as me. Imagine a cross between your brain and mine, the mind positivity boggles eh.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Tue Nov 18 2014, 20:17

lol would be a dangerous combination for sure Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Wed Nov 19 2014, 10:37

.....Having enjoyed a leisurely low carb breakfast  Smile
    Shortly leaving for a midweek meander around marvelous Maldon Smile

Hope everyone has a good day.

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Wed Nov 19 2014, 17:58

Well - we had a lovely visit to Maldon. Enjoyed a walk by the quay and a cup of tea in 'The Lakeside Cafe' ......the sun even came out.  sunny

Children were feeding ducks and Eddie was feeding the Starlings -who hadn't yet emigrated. I think it's still been too warm for them to fly South Question

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 01:26