THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+4
Two Collies
Sharon
RANDBURG
mo1905
8 posters

Has anyone seen any spaghetti squash?

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Has anyone seen any spaghetti squash? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has anyone seen any spaghetti squash?

Post by Jan1 Sun Feb 01 2015, 12:42

RANDBURG wrote:Hi Jan,
    Going very well, we have been having nice thunder showers almost every afternoon, quite normal for this time of the year and everything is growing well.
    With regard to the Spaghetti squash its growing well, about 10 foot longvine now and setting fruit. Hopefully first ready in 2-3 weeks.
    Herewith a picture of one,
    Has anyone seen any spaghetti squash? - Page 3 100_3214

Thanks Randburg ..... guess all plants need the showers as well as the sun.

Mind you we are have snow showers in some parts of the UK so slightly cooler here than where you are.

Thanks again for the update Smile

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Has anyone seen any spaghetti squash? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has anyone seen any spaghetti squash?

Post by Jan1 Thu Mar 26 2015, 18:20

Jan1 wrote:
    Going very well, we have been having nice thunder showers almost every afternoon, quite normal for this time of the year and everything is growing well.
    With regard to the Spaghetti squash its growing well, about 10 foot longvine now and setting fruit. Hopefully first ready in 2-3 weeks.
    Herewith a picture of one,
    Has anyone seen any spaghetti squash? - Page 3 100_3214

Thanks Randburg ..... guess all plants need the showers as well as the sun.

Mind you we are have snow showers in some parts of the UK so slightly cooler here than where you are.

Thanks again for the update Smile

All the best Jan

Hi RANDBURG ...... thought I saw you around the Forum earlier - just wondered have you eaten all the spaghetti squash you were growing?

Thanks  sunny

Jan

P.S. Hope you had a good holiday
    RANDBURG
    RANDBURG

Male Posts : 161

Post by RANDBURG Sat Mar 28 2015, 17:11

Has anyone seen any spaghetti squash? - Page 3 100_3211

Herewith pictures of the ripe spaghetti squash and cooked and mixed with butter. Must admit; it tasted more like squash than spaghetti but different all the same.

Has anyone seen any spaghetti squash? - Page 3 100_3212

Regards.
    RANDBURG
    RANDBURG

Male Posts : 161

Post by RANDBURG Sat Mar 28 2015, 17:27

Hi Jan,
    Yes thanks a super holiday, first time to the tip of Africa, were lucky to see a lot of birds, Blue Cranes and Secretary Birds, both Breed in the area, still sorting out my photos but will post a few if interested.
    Managed to put on 2Kg,(Without much difficulty, at the time it was in the middle of the fruit season, so let the reigns' go a bit, and ate the odd Grapes, Plums, Peaches, and I must confess the lovely Potatoes that they grow on the west coast of South Africa.
    They grow in view of the Sea, in almost Sea sand and have a super taste
    I better watch it I could get thrown out for mentioning Carbs, but I believe for a week or 2 while on Holiday eat what you fancy.
    Ive been back just over a week and weight and Blood sugar is back to normal, so I think little harm done.
    I guess my next HbA1c will be up from 5.4
    Im getting older and wont be able to have these nice holidays forever, so I make the most of them
    Regards to all Smile
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sat Mar 28 2015, 17:51

Glad you had a great holiday Brian! If your A1c has slightly increased due to relaxing a bit then so be it! Wink Great holidays are few and far between so enjoying some of the local bounty food wise has got to be done for sure! Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Mar 28 2015, 18:49

RANDBURG wrote:Has anyone seen any spaghetti squash? - Page 3 100_3211

Herewith pictures of the ripe spaghetti squash and cooked and mixed with butter.  Must admit; it tasted more like squash than spaghetti but different all the same.

Has anyone seen any spaghetti squash? - Page 3 100_3212

Regards.

So nice to see, thanks ..........it seems such a shame that it is so hard to get hold of in the UK.

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Mar 28 2015, 18:54

Yes thanks a super holiday, first time to the tip of Africa, were lucky to see a lot of birds, Blue Cranes and Secretary Birds, both Breed in the area, still sorting out my photos but will post a few if interested.
    Managed to put on 2Kg,(Without much difficulty, at the time it was in the middle of the fruit season, so let the reigns' go a bit, and ate the odd Grapes, Plums, Peaches, and I must confess the lovely Potatoes that they grow on the west coast of South Africa.
    They grow in view of the Sea, in almost Sea sand and have a super taste
    I better watch it I could get thrown out for mentioning Carbs, but I believe for a week or 2 while on Holiday eat what you fancy.
    Ive been back just over a week and weight and Blood sugar is back to normal, so I think little harm done.
    I guess my next HbA1c will be up from 5.4
    Im getting older and wont be able to have these nice holidays forever, so I make the most of them
    Regards to all  Smile

So pleased to hear you had a good holiday, they are to be enjoyed. It is lovely to have a break, but I always love coming back home too .....am I the only one to think this?

The birds you mentioned sound very colourful so would love to see some photo's please.......when you've had the chance to sort through them. sunny

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed May 27 2015, 08:14

If you should be lucky enough to either buy or grow this great food ... here is a recipe idea to try !

Has anyone seen any spaghetti squash? - Page 3 Slow-Cooker-Spaghetti-Squash-and-Meatballs-5

Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs

See link here

http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2015/05/low-carb-slow-cooker-spaghetti-squash-and-meatballs.html#more-9512

Looks so good ...

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 17:00