THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+6
Paul1976
Andy12345
graham64
Avocado Sevenfold
zand
Jan1
10 posters

So much action I'm falling apart

Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

So much action I'm falling apart - Page 3 Empty Re: So much action I'm falling apart

Post by Andy12345 Sat Oct 18 2014, 11:12

oh shit i couldn't help myself i posted, will i be murdered in my sleep?
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

So much action I'm falling apart - Page 3 Empty Re: So much action I'm falling apart

Post by Andy12345 Sat Oct 18 2014, 11:14

oh crap i got some likes now.....im doomed
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Oct 18 2014, 11:16

so theoretically i could reset my browser and make a new name everyday and carry on posting lol
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Oct 18 2014, 11:16

did you ever get the feeling you was talking to yourself?
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Oct 18 2014, 11:18

no not really, what do you mean?
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Oct 18 2014, 11:19

i mean i feel like I'm on a island all by myself alien
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Oct 18 2014, 11:19

this must how duggie feels, poor bastard!
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Oct 18 2014, 11:23

Andy12345 wrote:I'm back hehe, i can look at the forum and I've made a new name but it won't let me logon to my old name it just sends me back to the diet page

interestingly as id reset everything this website wasn't there so i had to go find it, i searched google for low carb diabetic forum and it dosent come up, how exactly are we going to get new people here if they can't find the site on google? out of interest

That was my concern too but I'm informed that "bots" need to work on this and eventually ( hopefully ) our forum will show up in the results.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sat Oct 18 2014, 11:24

Andy12345 wrote:this must how duggie feels, poor bastard!

Lol ! How are you posting BTW ?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sat Oct 18 2014, 11:25

HaHaHa!!! Very Happy
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sat Oct 18 2014, 11:46

Why are you guys so obsessed with climbing the Google rankings ? If we were on the front page people would be joining up left right and centre. Before long we would end up like the other place with all sorts of riff raff turning up. Life would be hell, imagine dealing with antis 24/7. Mutants like Duggie turning the joint into a lunatic asylum.

I like the people here, we have a lot fun, it's a nice place to hang out in, bugger them newbies, what did they ever do for us? affraid

Giverny Eddie
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Oct 18 2014, 11:57

mo1905 wrote:

i made a new name "Big Time Johnny Potatoes" lmao
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Oct 18 2014, 11:58

HaHaHaHa!!! Imagine if some of the nutters joined here,like that paramedic dude with his 'Live suicide' on the forum or that other fella with the silly hat,we'd have some laughs but bloody hell!! We'd need 24 hour moderation!! affraid
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Oct 18 2014, 11:59

Andy12345 wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:

ROTFLMAO!!! lol!
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Oct 18 2014, 12:19

its kind of liberating, once your banned for life, i can what ever i like and whats the worst they can do? i have nothing bad to say really so ill post until i get rebanned i suppose lol, do you think I'm breaking the law? in the real world i mean? could the police knock down the door at 5am because anniec reported me ya think?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Oct 18 2014, 12:24

Andy12345 wrote:its kind of liberating, once your banned for life, i can what ever i like and whats the worst they can do? i have nothing bad to say really so ill post until i get rebanned i suppose lol, do you think I'm breaking the law? in the real world i mean? could the police knock down the door at 5am because anniec reported me ya think?

lol Sockpuppet accounts may break some forums rules and wind a few folks up but their not illegal matey so post away! Very Happy
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sat Oct 18 2014, 12:48

Andy12345 wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:

The walls have ears buddy ! Be careful what you post here :-)

We get "visited" from the Dark Side quite often you know !
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sat Oct 18 2014, 12:50

eddie1 wrote:Why are you guys so obsessed with climbing the Google rankings ? If we were on the front page people would be joining up left right and centre. Before long we would end up like the other place with all sorts of riff raff turning up. Life would be hell, imagine dealing with antis 24/7. Mutants like Duggie turning the joint into a lunatic asylum.

I like the people here, we have a lot fun, it's a nice place to hang out in, bugger them newbies, what did they ever do for us? affraid

Giverny Eddie

We're not obsessed Eddie but it would be nice if we got a few newbies here otherwise how do we spread the good word ? If not, where else will they get help ? That doesn't mean we're not happy with the forum just cos we have ambition for it. Onwards and upwards I say !
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sat Oct 18 2014, 15:59

Amen to that Mo! Smile (oops sorry, we finished the religious discussion didn't we?)
    semiphonic
    semiphonic

Male Posts : 10

Post by semiphonic Sat Oct 18 2014, 23:30

I signed up when this forum started but this is my first post here, so be gentle with me Very Happy

This thread seems to me to be the reason that newbies aren't signing up.

What has happened on the 'other forum' to members here is totally wrong (for the record).

The original post was about a lack of activity but it degenerated into a name calling and slanging match, many of the threads here do. Ask yourself this, if you were a newbie/guest on this forum, would you look at that and stick around? If you came across this forum would you know what was going on?? I know many of you here so I know your arguments, and whether I agree with them or not is irrelevant.

What's trying to be done here is admirable, what actually happens is really quite a shame. 

I always try and advocate peace wherever I am, at work, in the pub, on the 'other' forum, I turn the other cheek quite a bit Crying or Very sad, go me...... Maybe members here should too? 

By the way, I googled 'low carb diabetic' and the website was top of the list, if that's too specific ShockedEmbarassed maybe review the meta tags for the site....
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sat Oct 18 2014, 23:50

Hi Semiphonic .......nice to see you posting here. It's always good to read and exchange views and ideas.

Look forward to reading more of your posts.

All the best Jan
    semiphonic
    semiphonic

Post by semiphonic Sun Oct 19 2014, 00:10

Such a robotic reply, where's the human touch? 

This forum is very unwelcoming, obviously just my opinion, if I was a newbie here would anyone help or would I just be told that other forums are bad.

I just deleted so much of what I actually wanted to say, I was being quite specific too.

For this forum to work it must be welcoming, what has happened in the past must stay there, in the past. 

Maybe a "welcome to the low carb forum" is in order.....
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Post by Indy51 Sun Oct 19 2014, 00:12

semiphonic wrote:I signed up when this forum started but this is my first post here, so be gentle with me Very Happy

This thread seems to me to be the reason that newbies aren't signing up.

What has happened on the 'other forum' to members here is totally wrong (for the record).

The original post was about a lack of activity but it degenerated into a name calling and slanging match, many of the threads here do. Ask yourself this, if you were a newbie/guest on this forum, would you look at that and stick around? If you came across this forum would you know what was going on?? I know many of you here so I know your arguments, and whether I agree with them or not is irrelevant.

What's trying to be done here is admirable, what actually happens is really quite a shame. 

I always try and advocate peace wherever I am, at work, in the pub, on the 'other' forum, I turn the other cheek quite a bit Crying or Very sad, go me...... Maybe members here should too? 

By the way, I googled 'low carb diabetic' and the website was top of the list, if that's too specific ShockedEmbarassed maybe review the meta tags for the site....
    +1 and hear, hear.

I really think all this bitching about the other forum is counterproductive if you're looking to attract new members - if someone finds this forum on a google search or whatever, they may never have heard about DCUK and be totally confused by some people's seeming obsession with the place.

Since you've decided not to have a private messaging system (which I agree with), then maybe set up a separate, invisible, invitation only forum for ex DCUK members who want a place to talk among themselves without involving general members and newcomers?

Having been involved in forum moderation (in another interest) for several years, that would be my suggestion - a private area for moderators and their invited guests. In my experience, it works well and it keeps the dirty laundry out of the public arena and won't confuse newcomers with the "cliquey" atmosphere this place seems to have developed in a very short space of time.

JMHO.
    semiphonic
    semiphonic

Post by semiphonic Sun Oct 19 2014, 00:43

And this forum is REALLY quite hard to use! I have tried at least half a dozen times to 'quote' Indy51, but it wouldn't happen....

Hi Indy, how are you?
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Post by Indy51 Sun Oct 19 2014, 01:05

semiphonic wrote:And this forum is REALLY quite hard to use! I have tried at least half a dozen times to 'quote' Indy51, but it wouldn't happen....

Hi Indy, how are you?
    Not quite sure why your quote function doesn't work - works fine for me. Very strange confused

I'm well, semiphonic - mostly skimming at a number of different forums/blogs at the moment and not posting much - I find diet wars totally numbing after a while Sleep

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 21:13