THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Virtual Holidays And Walks

Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Virtual Holidays And Walks Empty Virtual Holidays And Walks

Post by Moose Thu Oct 09 2014, 12:57

If you find hard to get out and about, perhaps due to disability like me. Then a virtual holidays and walks will enable you to a least gain some of the psychological benefit gained from hike in the countryside.

What you do is use "Google Map Street View" your way around an area for a hour. Its a stress free activity, no chance of being mugged or being irritated by the locals.

I've been to some exciting places. I recently took a virtual tour of the Fargo islands and am planning a virtual tour around the Lake District.

I'm also planning a virtual holiday to Cyrus and have scheduled it in for 2 weeks next year, so something to look forward to.

I liken it to the holodeck of the enterprise.

Virtual Holidays And Walks Riker_11"

You don't get the physical benefits but you do get the mental health benefits. Which I think is most of the value of walking/hiking.

Moose
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Virtual Holidays And Walks Empty Re: Virtual Holidays And Walks

Post by sanguine Thu Oct 09 2014, 14:26

Nice idea Moose. I've used it for specific locations but not exactly for a tour!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Thu Oct 09 2014, 17:50

I do a lot of virtual fishing, last night I was off the Florida Keys fishing with Matt Hayes and some of my mates. Tonight I might go up to the Lake District fishing for pike on Lake Windermere in the morning. Am I nuts ? at my age I am past caring, but I am happy most of the time.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Thu Oct 09 2014, 19:39

Now in a virtual world I can enjoy many of the worlds wonderful places. Like Norway, New Zealand, Canada ...... and places nearer to home, the computer and google can be a helpful tool.

Have fun on holiday, on walks. Stay safe and legal. sunny

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Oct 09 2014, 21:46

I guess Google Earth or maps or whatever has it's uses. I must admit, "virtual" trips are not for me but I can see for some it would work. I would use it for reference but I need to experience the real thing or not at all.
    Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Post by Moose Mon Oct 13 2014, 15:11

eddie1 wrote:I do a lot of virtual fishing, last night I was off the Florida Keys fishing with Matt Hayes and some of my mates. Tonight I might go up to the Lake District fishing for pike on Lake Windermere in the morning. Am I nuts ? at my age I am past caring, but I am happy most of the time.

Your only become nuts if you try cooking the fish you caught. lol!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Mon Oct 13 2014, 15:47

Moose wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:I do a lot of virtual fishing, last night I was off the Florida Keys fishing with Matt Hayes and some of my mates. Tonight I might go up to the Lake District fishing for pike on Lake Windermere in the morning. Am I nuts ? at my age I am past caring, but I am happy most of the time.

Your only become nuts if you try cooking the fish you caught. lol!

I'm nuts alright Moose, it's just a question am I certifiable. Should I be locked up ? more that a few reckon I should be.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 19:12