THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+6
mo1905
Eddie
graham64
AliB
Jan1
Indy51
10 posters

Prof Taylor on Reversing Diabetes

AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Prof Taylor on Reversing Diabetes - Page 2 Empty Re: Prof Taylor on Reversing Diabetes

Post by AliB Sat Nov 08 2014, 15:00

Doctors seem to have this blinkered impression that the body can do nothing without medical 'intervention'. But the body is an awesome healing machine. It just sometimes needs to be 'kicked into touch' as it were.

I think maybe, it just gets so used to compensating, it needs to be reminded how to get back to working properly.

Many natural remedies are not healing tools in their own right, they just give the body the tools or directions to do it itself.
    AliB
    AliB

Prof Taylor on Reversing Diabetes - Page 2 Empty Re: Prof Taylor on Reversing Diabetes

Post by AliB Sat Nov 08 2014, 15:05

I'm not sure that even placebos are placebos. There is nothing that is totally inert in the body. Everything triggers a response, even water. Even if placebos were only sugar, which I doubt, they would still effect a response.

Interestingly, I was reading an article earlier this week about placebos used in drugs trials, and how the placebo ingredients are kept quiet. The consensus was that drug companies can make up 'placebos' that will give certain responses, and affect the outcome of the trial.

There is no standard for placebos. Manufacturers can set their own ingredients, and they may be different in each occasion.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Nov 08 2014, 15:08

AliB wrote:I'm not sure that even placebos are placebos.  There is nothing that is totally inert in the body.  Everything triggers a response, even water.  Even if placebos were only sugar, which I doubt, they would still effect a response.

Interestingly, I was reading an article earlier this week about placebos used in drugs trials, and how the placebo ingredients are kept quiet.  The consensus was that drug companies can make up 'placebos' that will give certain responses, and affect the outcome of the trial.

There is no standard for placebos.  Manufacturers can set their own ingredients, and they may be different in each occasion.

Totally agree, there was another thread here that basically highlighted the fact that placebo's are not just sugar pills but can be made up of any number of things. There are no regulations covering them and manufacturers don't have to disclose the ingredients. Shocking !
    AliB
    AliB

Post by AliB Sat Nov 08 2014, 15:23

It was probably that I was reading....LOL. I read so much but can never remember where.....
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Nov 08 2014, 15:51

I read a lot too but sadly forget most of it quite quickly lol !
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sat Nov 08 2014, 15:53

A 'Teflon' memory perhaps? lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14 2024, 21:17