THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

Testosterone's Role in Cardiovascular Health: A Review of the Literature

yoly
    yoly

Testosterone's Role in Cardiovascular Health: A Review of the Literature Empty Testosterone's Role in Cardiovascular Health: A Review of the Literature

Post by yoly Mon Jun 18 2018, 11:14

(Complete article in the link)

Testosterone's Role in Cardiovascular Health:
    A Review of the Literature

http://www.townsendletter.com/May2018/testosterone0518.html

The practice of medicine in America is such an interesting beast. Much like the current political environment where there is such deep divide, we find similar camps in medicine where instead of a united review and discussion of the literature we either fall far left or far right on given issues. If we look back in history at the treatment of heart disease in this country, we see a once absolute belief that LDL cholesterol is "bad" and credited as the lone cause of heart disease, acquired from eating too much fat. Then the science catches up and disproves this belief more than 20 years ago; and yet still to this day, a majority of clinicians and even cardiologists still cling to this outdated paradigm. I detail this in an article published in March 2016, and you can review this in full detail in my library at www.huberpm.com.

And so it seems that testosterone has fallen to a similar fate. I published an article in February 2017 (www.huberpm.com) detailing the history of testosterone over time and the current societal lifestyle trends that cause its erosion in modern populations. This has become a hot issue as greater numbers of men are suffering from an escalating rate of hypogonadism at the same time that the FDA is trying to limit testosterone use and availability. The overwhelming evidence that proper testosterone levels are key to good cardiovascular health is being lost due to a few poorly constructed and executed studies that have received undue notoriety. It is my hope here to explore the current science and put to rest any unease that testosterone could in any way contribute to greater cardiovascular risk. Let's move beyond myth and engage our love of science to drive intelligent decision making.

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 04:26