THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Why You Should Fast 12 Hours Before a Cholesterol Test

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Why You Should Fast 12 Hours Before a Cholesterol Test Empty Why You Should Fast 12 Hours Before a Cholesterol Test

Post by graham64 Tue Jan 23 2018, 22:05

chris c
    chris c

Why You Should Fast 12 Hours Before a Cholesterol Test Empty Re: Why You Should Fast 12 Hours Before a Cholesterol Test

Post by chris c Fri Jan 26 2018, 22:18

Interesting. I love the work he is doing.

Way back when, my GP decided to give me a non-fasting lipid panel. I suspect she was hoping it would be a disaster, but it was so similar to my non-fasting tests that I can no longer remember which one it was.

She has evolved her thoughts since then, and since my HDL is good and my trigs excellent she no longer worries much about my LDL. In fact I am no longer bothering to get lipid panels at all, especially since discovering that my thyroid is a key player - when it is high my LDL drops like a stone and when it's low it goes up.

An elderly doctor recalled that back in the day when they saw high "cholesterol" he would request a TSH. Then some decades ago the relationship between LDL and thyroid was lost, which was probably the time that "metabolic syndrome" became a thing.

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19 2024, 08:49