THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Give me a break!

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Give me a break! Empty Give me a break!

Post by Eddie Sun Nov 12 2017, 19:46

I don’t know about you, but I am getting sick to the back teeth of Women coming out of the woodwork with claims of sexual impropriety. Since the beginning of time, men in positions of power have exploited their position. This of course does not make it right, and true offenders need locking up for a long time. The question I am asking myself, is what is a true offender. Cleary rapists and men who touch Women in an inappropriate way are perverts and criminals, but let’s keep a sense of proportion here. Some Z list celeb on the make, moaning about a clumsy chat up, is hardly the crime of the century.

It appears, if a Man says to a Woman he finds her attractive, and wants to take her out to dinner he could end up in trouble. Maybe a Man flirting at an office party after a few glasses of wine, could well be on the way to an arrest, ten years down the line, for an inappropriate or coarse remark.  

Maybe I have been very lucky, but the Women I have known, made it abundantly clear, if they were interested in me in the bed department. As a wise Woman said to me years ago “if a man needs to ask, the answer is almost always NO!”  And NO means NO, end of. OK no might mean try again another day, or you have to work harder to convince me, but ya know what I mean.

It appears to me, all the BS in the media of late, is taking away the focus on those who are  the real victims of horrendous assaults, and Women who have been left with lifelong devastation. Not those who were touched on the knee ten years ago, or on the end of an idiotic comment, not worthing of an immature schoolboy, ya folla.
    chris c
    chris c

Give me a break! Empty Re: Give me a break!

Post by chris c Mon Nov 13 2017, 22:32

Yes I tend to agree, too much bandwagon jumping detracts from the real problems.

One of the best things about getting old is that I can flirt with women half my age or less, and they no longer notice. All this crap does is to make me leery about talking to women at all, ever, in case they subsequently take offence, while the REAL rapists and exploiters carry on doing what they've always done.

Earlier I was remembering back when Jonathan King was arrested and some guy crawled out of the woodwork. His story was that King had fucked him, and continued to fuck him for about eighteen months, and then thirty years later he had been "traumatised" and demanded compensation.

Well sorry, but if I was a judge the first thing I would do would be to send him for a psych consult. Imagine how desperate for sex he must have been to let King anywhere near him once, let alone going back for more again and again.

I might say something like "So we've established what you are, and now you want me to negotiate your fee?"

Meanwhile, as it turned out, Jimmy Savile was actually raping kids and getting away with it, protected by The Establishment until after he was dead.

I have zero sympathy for the likes of Harvey Weinstein or anyone else who ruthlessly exploited his position, frankly he deserves all he gets, but to claim that "someone brushed up against me in a lift once" is equivalent to rape is barking.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Wed Nov 15 2017, 18:33

chris c wrote:Yes I tend to agree, too much bandwagon jumping detracts from the real problems.

One of the best things about getting old is that I can flirt with women half my age or less, and they no longer notice. All this crap does is to make me leery about talking to women at all, ever, in case they subsequently take offence, while the REAL rapists and exploiters carry on doing what they've always done.

Earlier I was remembering back when Jonathan King was arrested and some guy crawled out of the woodwork. His story was that King had fucked him, and continued to fuck him for about eighteen months, and then thirty years later he had been "traumatised" and demanded compensation.

Well sorry, but if I was a judge the first thing I would do would be to send him for a psych consult. Imagine how desperate for sex he must have been to let King anywhere near him once, let alone going back for more again and again.

I might say something like "So we've established what you are, and now you want me to negotiate your fee?"

Meanwhile, as it turned out, Jimmy Savile was actually raping kids and getting away with it, protected by The Establishment until after he was dead.

I have zero sympathy for the likes of Harvey Weinstein or anyone else who ruthlessly exploited his position, frankly he deserves all he gets, but to claim that "someone brushed up against me in a lift once" is equivalent to rape is barking.

Good grief Chris could you be a smidge less explicit regarding King's antics etc. On a quality forum you would have been severely edited, possibly even banned. That being said how could we ban the most interesting and industrious member. If you go, the content reduces by around 50% and it would be clearly time to turn the lights out. affraid
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Nov 16 2017, 01:00

Hehe. Well I call a spade a fucking shovel.

Some women aren't entirely blameless either, they have learned to exploit power rapists like Weinstein for their own ends. A line from a film I watched recently that made me laugh so much I had to put the film on pause until I'd calmed down

"Everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie. Everything that goes into her mouth is a dick"

Claiming that "someone looked at my ass wrong ten years ago and should be arrested" just doesn't come close.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 02:00