THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

The secret of life, never ever give up.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

The secret of life, never ever give up. Empty The secret of life, never ever give up.

Post by Eddie Wed Jul 01 2015, 18:44

The secret of life, never ever give up.

Many years ago as a skinny kid growing up on a London overspill Council Estate, I learned a few very valuable lessons, mostly from my old man, a World War11 Royal Marine. The number one lesson was never give up. No matter how bad the situation is, keep fighting, or one thing's for sure, you will lose, if you stop fighting. If you do your absolute best, there is no ignominy in losing, no one can win ‘em all.

This forum has been a failure by many peoples standards, even I cannot argue with that, and I am no stranger to argument. All success and failure is relevant, how do you measure success and failure? Well, for the amount of members who have joined and regularly post, this joint is an unmitigated disaster. But take a step back, and consider what was the purpose of this forum? For me it was to spread the low carb message of salvation to diabetics, and non diabetics with a weight problem.

While I was typing this post an email came in to the low carb diabetic, one of many we receive. I quote.

“Hi my name is Spence I was diagnosed type 2 four months ago, determined to beat it without meds I followed a high fat low carb moderate protein diet, approx. 1800 kcals per day 85 per cent fat less than 5 per cent carbs and about 12 per cent protein, with the help of the recipes and advice on your site I have lost 42lbs in weight and have been removed from the diabetic register because my hb1ac was so amazing, my blood pressure improved my overall cholesterol improved....my doctor  couldn't believe my results and has asked me to talk at a seminar in front of 100 doctors to tell them how I did it!
    Thanks for your help and the great recipes.
    Kind regards Spence Exeter, UK”

Need I say more, other than to thank the people who have stayed with us. Those brave souls, that have the intellect to see beyond my piss poor bedside manner. Keep fighting my friends, we are winning big time. The latest science and monumental anecdotal evidence is on our side, we cannot lose.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 21:38