THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
mo1905
Jan1
6 posters

Relaxing and Chilling Out - Is it important?

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Relaxing and Chilling Out - Is it important? Empty Relaxing and Chilling Out - Is it important?

Post by Jan1 Wed Oct 01 2014, 16:00

So far today has been a day for chilling out and relaxing. The timing couldn't be better mid-week but I guess not all can.

I was reading about a Manchester based band 'Marconi Union' who have released a video for their song 'Weightless' which is said to be the most relaxing song in the world!

The video sees a drone fly above the Lake District and then it has been slowed down so much to create a very chilled out and almost hypnotic video.

In 2011, the song topped a scientific list of relaxing pieces of music of all time. It was claimed to be the most relaxing song ever after a scientific study by 'the Mindlab Institution'

If you'd like to read more and watch the video use this link, which seems an incredibly long one - but still!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/10/01/marconi-union-weightless-most-relaxing-song-ever-_n_5912894.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk%7Cdl15%7Csec3_lnk5%26pLid%3D297140

I'm sure us low carbers are more chilled out these days because we also feel that much better. Is chilling out important to you .... look forward to reading your thoughts about this.

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Relaxing and Chilling Out - Is it important? Empty Re: Relaxing and Chilling Out - Is it important?

Post by mo1905 Thu Oct 02 2014, 09:16

Rest and relaxation is just as important as exercise. Your body needs both. The trick is to find the right balance of both !
    Sharon

Relaxing and Chilling Out - Is it important? Empty Re: Relaxing and Chilling Out - Is it important?

Post by Sharon Thu Oct 02 2014, 18:19

family got me a therapy massage with oils for birthday. relaxing. wish I had one every week.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Thu Oct 02 2014, 18:37

Sharon wrote:family got me a therapy massage with oils for birthday. relaxing. wish I had one every week.

That sounds good to me! Smile I could sure use a massage and some decent R&R right now!
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Fri Oct 03 2014, 11:07

Nice video Jan Very Happy

This always does it for me - unbelievably it's now 36 years old!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KGMo9yOaSU
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Fri Oct 03 2014, 13:55

sanguine wrote:Nice video Jan Very Happy

I love that album; I think it should be played in all public spaces at all times forever.

Best

Dillinger
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Fri Oct 03 2014, 15:50

Dillinger wrote:
    sanguine wrote:Nice video Jan Very Happy

I love that album; I think it should be played in all public spaces at all times forever.

Best

Dillinger

Yes, that's a good choice. Since sitting and listening I'm chilled out - and looking forward to a glass of chilled white wine.

Well it is Friday after all flower

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10 2024, 23:31