The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

Just chilling out.

Eddie

Male Posts : 3804

Just chilling out.

Post by Eddie on Wed Mar 14 2018, 18:27

Not much to report folks, me and my infinitely better half are mostly chilling out these days. We both left school at 15 and between us worked for over a 100 years, I reckon we have earned a break. As you would expect, I am still annoying all the right people. On a more serious note! I went right off of Rioja a few weeks back (shock horror) for some reason it tasted awful to me what ever I spent on a bottle. But, I have discovered Malbec wine and drunken lunacy has been restored.

In around a week or so I will be celebrating 10 years a T2 diabetic. Why celebrating I hear you ask, because it saved my life. More on that subject later.

Many thanks to the guys who keep this joint going, and we remain "the worlds most exclusive diabetes forum" chew on that, man with the shiny white teeth. affraid

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    graham64

Male Posts : 3607

Re: Just chilling out.

Post by graham64 on Thu Mar 15 2018, 23:03

@Eddie wrote:Not much to report folks, me and my infinitely better half are mostly chilling out these days. We both left school at 15 and between us worked for over a 100 years, I reckon we have earned a break. As you would expect, I am still annoying all the right people. On a more serious note! I went right off of Rioja a few weeks back (shock horror) for some reason it tasted awful to me what ever I spent on a bottle.  But, I have discovered Malbec wine and drunken lunacy has been restored.

In around a week or so I will be celebrating 10 years a T2 diabetic. Why celebrating I hear you ask, because it saved my life. More on that subject later.

Many thanks to the guys who keep this joint going, and we remain "the worlds most exclusive diabetes forum" chew on that, man with the shiny white teeth.  affraid

I will be celebrating 10 years too on the 4th 0f April despite what the stupid Welsh diretitian said about the dire consequences of low carb

Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over ten years

Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    chris c

Post by chris c on Sat Mar 17 2018, 20:10

Thirteen years coming up here. Still no scurvy or halitosis.

Yes Malbec is one of my favourites. Be sure to also try Carmenere, mostly Chilean.
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3804

Post by Eddie on Tue Mar 20 2018, 17:21

@chris c wrote:Thirteen years coming up here. Still no scurvy or halitosis.

Yes Malbec is one of my favourites. Be sure to also try Carmenere, mostly Chilean.

Strange one re my taste in wine, maybe it's because the water here is much softer than London, and my taste buds have re-calibrated. As with you, no scurvy, osteoporosis, or yellow jack. Mind you, I have been subjected to Mad Cow disease on a regular basis, I must keep away from those BDA Dietitians. affraid

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    chris c

Post by chris c on Wed Mar 21 2018, 23:37

Oh yes good point, I remember that water when we went on holiday back when I was very young and it took ages to get dry after a bath in the hotel.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 18 2018, 23:59