THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+12
cold ethyl
Bluetit
Scandichic
Loobles
Andy12345
Jan1
Xyz
Eddie
graham64
mo1905
sanguine
Mud Island Dweller
16 posters

Are You Embarrassed Being T2

mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Are You Embarrassed Being T2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Are You Embarrassed Being T2

Post by mo1905 Wed Aug 20 2014, 16:45

Good point Eddie, Joe Public definitely see carbs and sugar as two totally different things. I did before I started reading up. If there were more public awareness of this, it could help so many people.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Wed Aug 20 2014, 16:54

Very true-I personally believe that the current food labeling system we have now that simply breakdowns carbohydrate into 'Total carbs' and 'From sugar' values is very misleading for a newly diagnosed diabetic-to me It's the Total carbs per 100g that matter-others may feel or experience different but according to my meter-a carb is a carb no matter what the source.
    Scandichic
    Scandichic

Female Posts : 109

Post by Scandichic Thu Aug 21 2014, 11:38

mo1905 wrote:Good point Eddie, Joe Public definitely see carbs and sugar as two totally different things. I did before I started reading up. If there were more public awareness of this, it could help so many people.
    Shame some of the medical profession won't acknowledge this. Like some DNs or docs. Or some works colleagues Laughing 
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Aug 21 2014, 17:03

That's why forums like this are so important ! A few docs and DSN's are starting to listen but we need to just keep trying to reach as many newly diagnosed as we can !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 11:22