THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

New Coke with fibre could be healthiest yet

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

New Coke with fibre could be healthiest yet Empty New Coke with fibre could be healthiest yet

Post by graham64 Tue Feb 07 2017, 21:58

It's being touted as the first Coke to actively improve your health

Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Coke Life - Coca-Cola is on a continuous mission to make its soft drinks healthier.

The latest in the list, however, is seriously unusual. Coca-Cola Plus is essentially Coke with added fibre.

Going on sale in Japan this March, the drink is sugar and calorie-free and contains contains five grams of indigestible dextrin, which was created as a supplement for people with fibre deficiencies.

Coca-Cola Plus was actually first launched years ago but was taken off the shelves. Now, it’s back. And Diet Coke addicts are rejoicing.

Some people are calling it the healthiest Coke variant ever and there’s a lot of excitement about the claim that the fibre could reduce fat absorption from food, if drunk whilst eating.

In fact, Coca-Cola Plus is being marketed as the first Coke drink that actively improves your health. 

What’s more, according to Coca-Cola, drinking one bottle a day with meals will help control the levels of triglycerides in the blood after eating.

The drink is being targeted at over-40s who still crave Coca-Cola flavour but no longer want to consume so many unhealthy drinks.

But how good it tastes remains to be seen.

Reviewing Coca-Cola Plus’ previous incarnation nearly seven years ago, CNN wrote: “Coca-Cola Plus Fiber is like drinking an ultra-sweet cola-flavoured jelly with a heavy dose of faux citrus and a biting carbonation. 

“A remote high-five to anyone who can finish a whole bottle and eat another meal that day.”

They said the fibre makes the texture of the drink much thicker than that of usual Coke, and “the gooiness sticks in your throat like milk.”

So perhaps its health claims won’t be enough to offset a less than pleasant drinking experience.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/coca-cola-plus-new-coke-fibre-healthiest-soft-drink-fizzy-digestion-a7561341.html

Must be a dietitians dream with all that fibre  facepalm
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

New Coke with fibre could be healthiest yet Empty Re: New Coke with fibre could be healthiest yet

Post by Jan1 Wed Feb 08 2017, 23:43

I first read this last night and had to check that you hadn't put it in the jokes section ...
    But no it really is happening !!!

I have noticed that we seem to be bombarded by Zero Coke adverts at the moment.
    I still will not be buying it, nor this increased fibre one should it appear on UK shelves at a later date

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

New Coke with fibre could be healthiest yet Empty Re: New Coke with fibre could be healthiest yet

Post by chris c Thu Feb 09 2017, 22:00

Fibre deficiency! Eat some vegetables. Knowing Coke they probably buy toilet rolls cheap and dissolve them.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu Feb 09 2017, 22:18

Jan1 wrote:I first read this last night and had to check that you hadn't put it in the jokes section ...
    But no it really is happening !!!

I have noticed that we seem to be bombarded by Zero Coke adverts at the moment.
    I still will not be buying it, nor this increased fibre one should it appear on UK shelves at a later date

All the best Jan

I really did consider putting the post in the jokes section Jan but I found it beyond a joke   banghead
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Feb 09 2017, 22:55

Yeah I had to check it wasn't April 1st already.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 10:47