THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

The Fixing Dad program.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

The Fixing Dad program.  Empty The Fixing Dad program.

Post by Eddie Mon Jul 25 2016, 10:47

Anyone else catch the 'Fixing Dad' program last night? I thought it was a very heartwarming film, but could have been so much better. The takeaway for many, I reckon, was exercise was the main tool in the fight against type two diabetes. OK it helps on a number of levels, but not enough was said about the correct diet for a diabetic. The young long haired Doctor got it spot on, as did Dr Aseem Malhotra, but the subject of low carb was almost side lined. And then, and I nearly put my boot through the TV, they wheeled out Prof. Susan (show me the junk food money) Jebb.

My opinion of Jebb here http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/professor-susan-jebb-of-oxford.html

Jebb is a member of Scientific Advisory Boards for Coca-Cola, Heinz, PepsiCo, Nestlé and Kellogg’s. Need I say more.
    Wobblycogs
    Wobblycogs

Male Posts : 98

The Fixing Dad program.  Empty Re: The Fixing Dad program.

Post by Wobblycogs Mon Jul 25 2016, 17:12

Yes Eddie. I was a bit disappointed too. Not much about diet at all. Did the brothers actually mention LCHF at all? Maybe the Beeb didn't want to risk being accused of giving controversial advice?

Still, I'm gonna get me a bike! rofl
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Mon Jul 25 2016, 19:09

I too did find this programme heartwarming ... including all the photo's with the Dad's at the end when the credits went up.

Exercise does have it's role to play in a healthy lifestyle and we each have our own preferences. Many of my family love to cycle and take part in various cycle runs, while others prefer to swim or walk. Movement is key and we all have to do what best suits us.

However, surely the most important role is what goes into our bodies?
    I did not think enough focus was put into this.

I still come back to the quote / saying " Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food."
    ― Hippocrates

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 13:40