THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+5
j
Eddie
graham64
mo1905
Indy51
9 posters

Another Catalyst program this week on LCHF

Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Another Catalyst program this week on LCHF Empty Another Catalyst program this week on LCHF

Post by Indy51 Sun Nov 09 2014, 12:48

I wonder if the backlash from the conventional wisdom folks will be as over the top as the last Catalyst programs by the same team - I'll be very surprised if not.

This Thursday's Catalyst program on the ABC is on lowcarb and I recognise a few of the guests from elsewhere - including Peter Bruckner and one of the Aussie cricket team (don't ask me who as - shock, horror - I've never followed cricket as it bores me to tears) affraid

It'll be online via Iview, but not sure if overseas people can view it. Will update with more info after it has screened.

I expect the usual suspects to go into meltdown in the same way that they did after the previous Demasi programs on cholestrol/statins and saturated fats Basketball
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Another Catalyst program this week on LCHF Empty Re: Another Catalyst program this week on LCHF

Post by mo1905 Sun Nov 09 2014, 13:47

Thanks Indy. Not sure what iView is but please keep us updated.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Another Catalyst program this week on LCHF Empty Re: Another Catalyst program this week on LCHF

Post by graham64 Sun Nov 09 2014, 21:10

Indy51 wrote:I wonder if the backlash from the conventional wisdom folks will be as over the top as the last Catalyst programs by the same team - I'll be very surprised if not.

This Thursday's Catalyst program on the ABC is on lowcarb and I recognise a few of the guests from elsewhere - including Peter Bruckner and one of the Aussie cricket team (don't ask me who as - shock, horror - I've never followed cricket as it bores me to tears) affraid

It'll be online via Iview, but not sure if overseas people can view it. Will update with more info after it has screened.

I expect the usual suspects to go into meltdown in the same way that they did after the previous Demasi programs on cholestrol/statins and saturated fats  Basketball

Thanks Jill, ABC have a youtube channel I have just checked it out and there doesn't appear to be any restrictions on who can view the catalyst videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ABCTVCatalyst
    Indy51
    Indy51

Post by Indy51 Sun Nov 09 2014, 22:44

Thanks Graham, you all should be able to see it then Very Happy
    j

Male Posts : 111

Post by j Mon Nov 10 2014, 07:57

they had to delete the cholesterol program didn't they?
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Mon Nov 10 2014, 18:11

j wrote:they had to delete the cholesterol program didn't they?

When you are running a commercial TV station and rely on advertising revenue for junk food such as cereals and margarine, the bad guys have huge clout. Always follow the money.

One of the cut videos can be seen on The Low Carb Diabetic blog here http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/statin-scam-people-with-higher.html

Well worth your time.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Mon Nov 10 2014, 21:11

j wrote:they had to delete the cholesterol program didn't they?

You can watch both episodes here:

http://highsteaks.com/cholesterol/#catalyst
    j

Male Posts : 111

Post by j Tue Nov 11 2014, 23:20

thanks graham, I'll have another watch of it
    Indy51
    Indy51

Post by Indy51 Wed Nov 12 2014, 05:32

graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Wed Nov 12 2014, 22:32

Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Nov 14 2014, 01:02

Latest Catalyst film LOW CARB DIET FAT OR FICTION Can be found here http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/4126228.htm

Well worth your time and not to be missed. Eddie
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Nov 14 2014, 16:48

Hi all I see the link I posted re the 'Low carb diet fat or fiction' program was taken down within 24 hours, another case of junk food and big pharma putting the boot in?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Fri Nov 14 2014, 16:58

eddie1 wrote:Hi all I see the link I posted re the 'Low carb diet fat or fiction' program was taken down within 24 hours, another case of junk food and big pharma putting the boot in?

Did you get a copy/screenshot of your comment before they took it down?
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Nov 14 2014, 17:02

No but I watched the video before the link was taken down, a brilliant program backing up everything we know works. How so many fear what the low carb high fat whole fresh food way of life will do to junk food, big pharma and those that want to bring others down with lies and misinformation.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Fri Nov 14 2014, 17:26

Well I for one am keeping all my low carb fingers crossed ...... I just hope someone, somewhere can get copies - or come up with another link.

All the best Jan
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Nov 14 2014, 17:31

After tweeting Tim Noakes I have got a new link. Read it now before it gets taken down again.

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Fri Nov 14 2014, 17:44

Fantastic to get a link back .....the video is playing as I type this. Isn't Chef Pete Evans great?

I really would urge you to watch this sunny

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Fri Nov 14 2014, 21:39

eddie1 wrote:Hi all I see the link I posted re the 'Low carb diet fat or fiction' program was taken down within 24 hours, another case of junk food and big pharma putting the boot in?

It sure looks that way Eddie the only reason I can think the video has been pulled is pressure from big pharma and the junk food manufacturers, I see they have still left the transcript of the video on the web site though. Up to now your latest link to the video is still working cheers

Smash the Fat is also supposed to be showing the video on youtube but in three days time, be interesting to see if it actually appears.

Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sat Nov 15 2014, 11:14

Can anyone who has not been banned and who likes taking risks put the video up at the other place in the low carb section. I think it is a master class and would be a real help for any newbie considering a low carb lifestyle. Thanks

Eddie
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sat Nov 15 2014, 11:35

Smile
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Nov 15 2014, 11:50

Stand by for the 'Usual suspects' replies later! Very Happy
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sat Nov 15 2014, 11:53

Another Catalyst program this week on LCHF Proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sherv.net%2Fcm%2Femoticons%2Fmooning%2Frude-santa-claus
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Nov 15 2014, 11:59

Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Female Posts : 156

Post by Mrs Vimes Sat Nov 15 2014, 14:11

Thanks Eddie, my partner watched over my shoulder - he us a type 2 who thinks I'm a bit OCD about lchf. He has reduced his carbs considerably because I have gone low carb but every now and then wobbles on it.
    These programs are making him realise that I'm not a pasta/potato hating nutter but just someone who doesn't want to spend their retirement on dialysis or taking him to dialysis - God forbid.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Nov 16 2014, 00:11

Paul wrote:More sat fat bashing and scaremongering going on now... Evil or Very Mad

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/surely-there-not-all-myths-about-high-fats.67442/

Of course that was the intention of the OP and the usual suspect is in her element banghead

Personally, I feel that the type of fats in a diet are important and I worry that a very high fat diet means that there is no room for a full complement of nutrients .(including fibre)

The same nonsense in discussions especially about fibre was being spouted years ago by the same person Rolling Eyes

Some debunking of LC myths by Kris Gunnars: 

20 Mainstream Nutrition Myths (Debunked by Science)

http://authoritynutrition.com/20-mainstream-nutrition-myths-debunked/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 17:21