THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Non-diabetic for practical purposes?

Sally
    Sally

Non-diabetic for practical purposes? Empty Non-diabetic for practical purposes?

Post by Sally Sat Sep 20 2014, 09:54

On another thread, which I don't want to hijack, Andy wrote, "i reckon i should treat myself as a non diabetic ".
    Do those of you, who have, at some time, had a T2 diagnosis, but have got your HbA1c's down into the 30's or less, consider yourselves to be non-diabetic for practical purposes. I'm not trying to start a cure/remission etc discussion. What I mean is things like calculating risk factors, not using certain gym facilities, not going bare foot. How do you, and those who advise you, regard the low sugar you?
    Sally
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Non-diabetic for practical purposes? Empty Re: Non-diabetic for practical purposes?

Post by Andy12345 Sat Sep 20 2014, 09:59

I'm sad to say that i still feel diabetic, although my numbers are terrific, i do walk around bare feet, but always did, what i don't like is that if we go to the docs we are immediately treated as diabetics and everything is put down to the diabetes, almost like theres no need to explore further, my frozen shoulder for example, i went to the physio this week and asked if they would investigate what they thought may be wrong discounting the diabetes and gave them my reason, they came back with frozen shoulder LOL but you know what i mean, i still see high numbers if i don't do the right thing ALL the time so i definitely treat myself as diabetic all the time, and as eating is a large part of family life and its there that the biggest treatment takes place, my family definitely do to
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Non-diabetic for practical purposes? Empty Re: Non-diabetic for practical purposes?

Post by Andy12345 Sat Sep 20 2014, 10:00

P S please feel free to hijack my threads at any time Smile you may make them interesting
    Two Collies
    Two Collies

Male Posts : 133

Post by Two Collies Sat Sep 20 2014, 10:41

Andy12345 wrote:...what i don't like is that if we go to the docs we are immediately treated as diabetics and everything is put down to the diabetes, almost like theres no need to explore further, ...
    know what you mean. Am tempted to tell them that I have grown a third b@llock to see if they say "thats normal for diabetes" affraid Rolling Eyes
    cold ethyl

Post by cold ethyl Sat Sep 20 2014, 10:47

I guess if I ever get there, I'd still do certain things that are advised to diabetics as control can slip for variety of reasons so I'd not want to ignore things like the retinal screen and feet checks. At the other place,
    folk talk about being taken off register if they reach certain figures and sustain them which seems risky to me - I'd want to be monitored just to see that things were still in right range.
    Re putting everything down to it, you get that with most chronic illnesses I think. Certainly I've had everything from a water infection to an endometriosis ovarian cyst put down to my anxiety. Now, my panic attacks are in part a "misinterpretation of my blood sugar symptoms" even though I haven't had a hypo! Pigeonholing saves time, but not lives.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 20:26