THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Oh goodie just what we need: The new Eatwell Guide

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Oh goodie just what we need: The new Eatwell Guide Empty Oh goodie just what we need: The new Eatwell Guide

Post by graham64 Thu Mar 17 2016, 22:44

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Oh goodie just what we need: The new Eatwell Guide Empty Re: Oh goodie just what we need: The new Eatwell Guide

Post by Jan1 Thu Mar 17 2016, 23:27

... and just look at what Zoe Harcombe has to say about it !!!

"There is so much so wrong with the plate/guide, I hardly know where to start. Let’s focus on the three main issues:"

See more here
    http://www.zoeharcombe.com/2016/03/eatwell-guide/
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Oh goodie just what we need: The new Eatwell Guide Empty Re: Oh goodie just what we need: The new Eatwell Guide

Post by Paul1976 Thu Mar 17 2016, 23:42

I really don't know where to start either! Wow!! Shocked Talk about death repackaged!! No
    I wonder if Dr Unwin will also have his take on this latest 'Offering' soon which is the polar opposite of the diet that the patients at his NHS practice followed which led to positive outcomes...No positive outcomes for folks following the new eatwell guide for sure!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Mar 18 2016, 15:00

If you check out Zoe's assessment of the new diet of slow death guide, they have actually increased the carb content from the old 'Eatwell Plate' from 50% carbs to 68% carbs per day by calories consumed.

Perhaps not enough people are becoming over weight and or diabetic to keep big pharma happy. Clearly they have enhanced the average dietitian's licence to kill rating.

Oh goodie just what we need: The new Eatwell Guide Eatwell%2Bguide

See more here
    http://www.zoeharcombe.com/2016/03/eatwell-guide/
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Fri Mar 18 2016, 21:57

Interesting article in the Mail this caught my eye 

MailOnline has learned that while there were dietitians and health charities on the panel that set the new guidelines, other members included representatives from the British Retail Consortium, the Association of Convenience Stores and the Food and Drink Federation - the body which represents the UK food and drink manufacturing industry. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/

Dr Aseem Malhotra and Zoe Harcombe also have their say but hey the The British Dietetic Association is pleased to announce that Public Health England has today released an updated version of the Eat Well Plate. =news/list]https://www.bda.uk.com/news/view?id=112&x[0]=news/list
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 20 2016, 17:45

Eatwell Guide – conflicts of interest

Highly recommend you read this post from Zoe

"When Unilever take out adverts in national UK newspapers saying: ”We are delighted that unsaturated fats, like the oils found in our spreads, now have a dedicated section of the Eatwell Guide and are recognised as the healthy option…”, you should be alarmed. If your so-called role model healthy eating plate is welcomed by fake food companies, surely you got it wrong. "

"The bottom line

The terms of reference tell is that “Public Health England established this external reference group to provide advice on aspects of the eatwell plate.” Public Health England presumably appointed the chair from the same stable as itself (AFN). Public Health England presumably appointed the other reference group members from the fake food industry. Why? Why have one such member? Let alone stack the majority of the group with the who’s who of the fake food industry? How the heck are we supposed to take Public Health England seriously with this kind of behaviour?

What on earth chance did EAT REAL FOOD! have with that External Reference Group?!"

graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Mar 20 2016, 21:25

I just knew Zoe would sniff the conflicts of interest out  Cool

I did spot this on her twitter feed, Flora are obviously delighted with the new guide which according to them apparently endorses their fake foods  Rolling Eyes

Oh goodie just what we need: The new Eatwell Guide Cd-1I-6WAAA1-mO
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Mar 20 2016, 21:44

graham64 wrote:I just knew Zoe would sniff the conflicts of interest out  Cool

I did spot this on her twitter feed, Flora are obviously delighted with the new guide which according to them apparently endorses their fake foods  Rolling Eyes

Oh goodie just what we need: The new Eatwell Guide Cd-1I-6WAAA1-mO

Grrrr! They make me sick to my stomach! My poor ol' mother-in-law believed all of the 'Sat fats are evil' malarkey for the last 40 odd years and religiously only ate low fat/low calorie products,skimmed milk,cholesterol lowering spreads.PUFA rich seed oils etc,suffered with inflamed painful joints,obesity,type 2 diabetes in recent years...I REALLY tried to advise her otherwise but her nurse and doctor told her I was giving dangerous advice and besides,low fat high carb was brilliant and was working as her total cholesterol was below 4...We lost her very suddenly 4 weeks ago due to a sudden event brought on by long term undiagnosed coronary artery disease and my wife and kids are in bits Crying or Very sad Low fat eating and low total cholesterol is the answer to healthy living??? My arse it is!!! Evil or Very Mad
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Mar 20 2016, 23:41

Sorry to hear that Sad

So how did she have CAD when her cholesterol was so low? They claim it can't happen . . .

. . . as regards the Eatwell Plate, they missed out the insulin pen and metformin from the yellow segment.

At least it isn't a Food Pyramid

Oh goodie just what we need: The new Eatwell Guide High_c10
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Mar 21 2016, 14:24

@Paul

So sorry to read about your Mother-in-law ... both Eddie and I send our condolences.
    Not an easy time for your wife, kids or you.

Take Care, thinking of you

All the best Jan and Eddie
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Mar 22 2016, 17:36

Well I know we've already spoken / written about this, but it was interesting to see Diet Doctor's article and he referred to Zoe Harcombe's two recent articles as well.

Everything That’s Wrong with the New UK “Eatwell” Guide

Here’s everything that’s wrong with the updated UK “eatwell” guide:
    Zoë Harcombe: Eatwell Guide http://www.zoeharcombe.com/2016/03/eatwell-guide/

Hint: an enormous 71% of calories are from starchy foods and junk food. The obsolete fat phobia is still alive, strangely enough. So this updated guide will hardly move the UK from the current top position as the most obese country in Europe.

Also note that behind the experts behind the guide hides enormous conflicts of interest. The junk food industry has had plenty of influence:

Zoë Harcombe: Eatwell Guide – Conflicts of Interest http://www.zoeharcombe.com/2016/03/eatwell-guide-conflicts-of-interest/

Diet Doctor Site Here
    http://www.dietdoctor.com/the-eatwell-guide

Do read it ... if you've not done so already!

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Mar 22 2016, 18:05

Jan1 wrote:@Paul

So sorry to read about your Mother-in-law ... both Eddie and I send our condolences.
    Not an easy time for your wife, kids or you.

Take Care, thinking of you

All the best Jan and Eddie

Thankyou for your kind words.

Best regards

Paul
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Mar 23 2016, 21:22

Not denigrating the horrors of Belgium or Paris, but really, if IS/the Taliban really wanted to inflict disaster on the Western population they would train as dieticians.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 20:56