THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

The British people preparing for the end of the world.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

The British people preparing for the end of the world. Empty The British people preparing for the end of the world.

Post by Eddie Tue Oct 27 2015, 15:49

The British people preparing for the end of the world. _86332528_pete2-goodshotpumpingupcanoe

British survivalists - known as "preppers" - are fixated on the need to survive in the event of a catastrophe. What motivates them?

Beside a stream in the middle of the Bedfordshire countryside, Peter Stanford - who describes himself as a motivational life coach - is pumping up his inflatable canoe by hand.

This is his chosen method of transport for escaping an "apocalyptic situation", which he views as anything from a financial crash to a repeat of the London riots.

"I'm not living on a knife-edge waiting for a catastrophe to happen," he explains.

Stanford is hoping to take to water after sunset - under the cover of darkness - to practise what might happen if he needed to flee. He believes this would be the optimal time of day to make his escape, so as not to be seen by others who might wish to steal his resources.

Story from here  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34637377

"anything from a financial crash to a repeat of the London riots."

Jeez the London riots was the best reality TV I have watched in years, and sure to be repeated the way this Government is going. And as for a financial crash, that geezer will need more than a blow up boat when the ATM's run out of dosh.

I am making preparations in case we get the promised long hard winter. Around five years ago we were snowed in for around a week when our driveway become a sheet of ice. Top of the survival list is a case of Rioja, two bottles of Jack Daniels and a bottle of Rose wine for Jan. I have had a weeks supply of low carb grub in tins for a few years in a cupboard, very low quality cheap gruel, but will keep us going.

What would you reckon would be on your list if you get snowed in for a week?
    chris c
    chris c

The British people preparing for the end of the world. Empty Re: The British people preparing for the end of the world.

Post by chris c Tue Oct 27 2015, 23:53

I was thinking seriously about buying a vintage 4wd tractor. I could keep it in a barn down the road, and unlike a car it would appreciate in value. That and a shotgun. And a snowplough attachment, the farmers help out clearing the roads.

Yes I tend to stock up the cupboards and freezer around now, just to be on the safe side. I buy a bit more of things like tinned salmon, frozen pheasant breasts, butter and wine and run with a higher level of safety stock. This may be rural but it's a bus route and mostly they do a good job of gritting the roads. They even have mini-gritters on a land rover and a quad bike for the footpaths and the shops are within walkable distance so long as their deliveries get through. It's all uphill on the way back laden, so keeps the exercise up.

Current date/time is Mon May 06 2024, 13:22