THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Good to see another high profile member posting on the forum of flog.

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Good to see another high profile member posting on the forum of flog. Empty Good to see another high profile member posting on the forum of flog.

Post by Paul1976 Thu Oct 15 2015, 23:55

Just spotted this...

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/just-an-idea-but-could-it-be-that-starchy-carbs-actually-more-dangerous-to-t2s-than-sugar.85816#post-969923

I'm assuming this is Professor Richard D Feinman posting on the forum-Can only be a good thing IMO over there...Just don't tell Sid! Wink
    Squire Fulwood

Good to see another high profile member posting on the forum of flog. Empty Re: Good to see another high profile member posting on the forum of flog.

Post by Squire Fulwood Fri Oct 16 2015, 14:40

As a result of this I read a blog by Feinman and it was certainly pushing the same info so I believe it is the real one. From his blog I learned that he doesn't like Robert Lustig, in fact it was mostly a personal attack. The other thing I learned was that Lustig is probably right about fructose and FLD in high carb intake scenarios. (Just when you don't need a fatty liver).

He also uses the word "probably" as in:-

"At low total carbohydrate, any fructose that you do eat is probably converted to glucose anyway but probably appears in the blood slower than ingested glucose."
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Good to see another high profile member posting on the forum of flog. Empty Re: Good to see another high profile member posting on the forum of flog.

Post by graham64 Fri Oct 16 2015, 21:09

If memory serves me right I think he joined a while back it may have been as Richard D Feinman or Professor R D Feinman can't be absolutely sure though
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Oct 17 2015, 20:38

Sounds like him from the content and writing style.

This could be fun! Pass the low carb popcorn . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 23:10