The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

What did you have for dinner tonight?

Jan1

Female Posts : 4151

Re: What did you have for dinner tonight?

Post by Jan1 on Tue Jun 27 2017, 19:12

Well, we have a great pork casserole dish tonight.
    The weather has cooled and the price of the pork was so good - I just couldn't resist!

It's smelling great as I type this - not quite ready though, I'll just go and give it a stir Smile

All the best Jan
    chris c

Post by chris c on Thu Jun 29 2017, 21:02

Just for a change I bought some ground pork this week. Also more bacon, and some Cumberland sausages.

I said to the butcher "I need some moo to go with all the grunting" and chose a huge Hereford rump steak which just went down the hatch with a load of broccoli, and on second thought a chicken breast. A proper Old MacDonald week.

Yes pork is always good value compared to beef or lamb, not to mention venison or pheasant, but I prefer it as bacon. That's just me - and a few thousand others. Can't remember when I last had a pork chop, which goes well under the grill or in a casserole, but I stir fry the ground pork with my usual concoction of veggies and usually oregano and thyme (and add some bacon just to be on the safe side!)
    Jan1

Female Posts : 4151

Post by Jan1 on Tue Sep 05 2017, 20:04

Autumn must be in the air !

Dinner tonight Rustic Pork Casserole, you can't beat it Smile

This meal is an absolute lowcarb stunner, and one of our favourites. 

Ingredients: Serves two
    2/3 pork chops remove fat and cut into small pieces
    2 large leeks chopped
    1 hand full of button mushrooms
    1 large sliced carrot
    1 table spoon of dried mixed herbs
    Approx 1 pint of gravy stock
    Salt and pepper to taste.

Method
    Clean, cut and place all ingredients in a casserole dish or earthenware oven proof pot with lid. Pour over the stock and cook at 190c in an electric oven 90 mins. Gas mark 5.

What could be easier, very lowcarb, real food and tastes great. Perfect for a delicious Autumn meal.

All the best Jan

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26 2017, 10:06